The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Semifinal draw...

Chelsea/Utd vs. City in one semi.
Who cares? vs. Who cares? in the other.

:\

Ha ha, Ferdinand pulled Torres up telling him get your *** up, I ain't getting no yellow for your fake ***
laugh.gif
 Dirty~! 
mean.gif

8545044449_f32d6df999_o.gif

Last edited:
Nice find SinnerP... That ish was so funny.

Good showing for Liverpool today against a surging Spurs team.

I kinda liking what I'm seeing in the Red's Coutinho. Anyone else like him?

Last edited:
Ian Wright was on point :lol:

Arsenal target the Dutch Xavi? with video

Posted on March 08, 2013 by Bob
Arsenal linked with Dutch Xavi by AH

Although it’s only March and the transfer window is far away from being opened the transfer rumours continue to come out from all aspects of media. Most of the time, they are pure rubbish however one that has been consistent for the last few days has really caught my eye.

Jordy Clasie is a name most people probably haven’t heard of before but he is renowned as the “Dutch Xavi” with the Feyenoord midfielder being likened to the Spanish star and Barcalona maestro Xavi Hernandez because of his drive and wide range of passing abilities.

Clasie is also very similar to Jack Wilshere and although it seems strange to have two players on the same team which effectively do the same job on the pitch, it’s amazing to imagine having a controlled midfield such as the one suggested if this move was to come off. It could see a potential strong midfield set up for years with Clasie being just 22 years old.
Clasie made his name relatively late as a potential star with this being just his second season at Feyenoord, however he has worked wonders this season and has made his way into the Dutch national team. Clasie seems like a possible target for Arsenal, simply because he holds all the requirements Arsenal usually look for. He is still young, has strength, drive and awareness and of course his ability to pass the ball which is always an area Arsenal strongly look at.

However he may not come cheap, especially if Feyenoord go on to win the Dutch league title this season. As always Tottenham and Chelsea seem to also be reportedly looking at him, and so although we thought we might just miss out on any big names in the summer if we don’t get champions league, but we could also lose out on the young, upcoming stars that we have so used to getting in recent years.

Ian Wright wasn't too bad. I actually got a kick outta him sounding like Vincent from Snatch. Not sure he wax the right paring with Gus. I'm fine with it but I don't see his cockney accent & Brit lingo going over with a lot of American viewers. I liked him going into Chelsea fans post game...

Ian Wright has been very critical of Arsenal transforming into a "selling club." His exact words were feeder to City. Clichy, Nasri. Fabregas, RVP.

Would like to see Barca field a 3-4-3 against Milan

Tello - Villa - Alexis

- Messi

- Iniesta - Xavi (if fit)

- Sergi

- Pique - Puyol - Masche

Not sure if Xavi is healthy enough to play. I think the pace of Tello and Alexis is needed to spread the Milan defense. Pedro is not cutting it. Alves, Alba, Pedro, Thiago, Cesc on the bench as needed.

Last edited:
Good point about lack of pace. Not many options... maybe Masche - Pique - Alves if Dani can play more defensively. I think Masche has been the most consistent CB and deserves to play over Puyol.

Nice find SinnerP... That ish was so funny.

Good showing for Liverpool today against a surging Spurs team.

I kinda liking what I'm seeing in the Red's Coutinho. Anyone else like him?
Yeah his passing ability is good. Plus in 4 appearances he already has a goal for us and has set up some .

Showed flashes at Inter. Kid is class, has bundles of potential. Buck will bring out the best.

Barca will find a way to overturn the 2-0 aggregate deficit and advance on their home pitch. 3-0 or 4-1. Most important goal is the first. Then the floodgates will open.

Showed flashes at Inter. Kid is class, has bundles of potential. Buck will bring out the best.

Barca will find a way to overturn the 2-0 aggregate deficit and advance on their home pitch. 3-0 or 4-1. Most important goal is the first. Then the floodgates will open.

I'm looking forward to seeing Coutinho play for the Reds. I like Rodgers too.

You are a glass half full kinda guy... I like your steez... Ha ha. I think it's important for Barca to score first...

Last edited:
Looks like this England trip is happening! 

My friend over there has some Hotspur tickets for me in case I make it there in time and also Real Madrid/Man U legends game tix too as a poor consolation if I don't get the CL finals tix. 

I'm pumped!

RCK: Enjoy it, man. That's a dream of mine to see SB, OT, Emirates, Ethiad, WHL, etc. All the famous grounds. I've never been to Europe.

PSK: I'm a diehard Madrid supporter, but I believe FCB will begin recovering their form to rally for Tito. Milan can't expect to sit back with ten men behind the ball all 90 at Camp Nou. Barca's biggest threat and source of pressure will be an away goal from Il Faraone or KPB early.

^ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yea, Ian is Shaun Wright's dad and he also has another son who never really flourished.
Ian said something along the lines of Chelsea going into a slump, dropping points...[I hope Arsenal can take advantage of that] this was when the were 2-0 and he was predicting that they would lose seeing how things were going at the time.

Yea it was an interesting pairing. I loved how Ian was teaching Gus on the air. [Did you see that? Let me tell you...etc]
Gus has a loyal fanbase. If he carried an initial group, I could see how well it would work since they would be learning along with him in some perspective. It sounds like he's reading straight off a wiki page, new fans would appreciate that, more or less.

I would love to see an report done on Gus and the ratings since he's joined after some time. And the ratings to when he is doing commentary vs to when he isn't

Back
Top Bottom