The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by trunks206

0 creativity from our midfield. Of we don't get that !%$@ fixed it going to be a long year.

Life after Cesc
30t6p3b.gif
Wenger needs to get a world-class center midfielder, and soon. Especially if Nasri's still set on leaving.

Ugh this is gonna be a bad year
frown.gif

Oh, yeah, and Eboue's gone now too. More money that we wont spend.

The central defense held it down today.
Gervinho is not yet in sync. Chamakh disappeared in the 2nd half. Dude lacks skill, he's readable, he was getting cut off too easily.

Hopefully Gibbs and Djourou don't have serious injuries. 

...Le sigh

I'm telling you, if and I know its a big if, Vermaelen can stay healthy, our D is legit. If Nasri goes, we need to make a big splash or its a wrap.

^ Are we both watching the same Kieran Gibbs??? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Look I want to believe it and for us to finally be a rock at the back, but when looking at it objectively...

Thus far we have completed 2 games

1) @ Newcastle who never really looked to attack.

2)  vs Undiese who are playing in their first real game of the season as the Italian league hasn't started yet and who lost 3 of their best players who played a big role in getting them to 4th place. 

We looked solid but I will pass judgement after the next two weekends and see how we deal with Suarez + Carroll and then Rooney and Co.  

Its sucks the JD got injured so soon after coming on as I wanted to see more of how the back 4 of Sagna -Kos-JD-TV would have worked since TV plays LB for Belgium as it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Throw Song infront of that back four (at tell him to defend) and I dont know about ya'll but imo THAT defense looks scary for other teams. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Look I want to believe it and for us to finally be a rock at the back, but when looking at it objectively...

2)  vs Undiese who are playing in their first real game of the season as the Italian league hasn't started yet and who lost 3 of their best players who played a big role in getting them to 4th place. 

We looked solid but I will pass judgement after the next two weekends and see how we deal with Suarez + Carroll and then Rooney and Co.  

Its sucks the JD got injured so soon after coming on as I wanted to see more of how the back 4 of Sagna -Kos-JD-TV would have worked since TV plays LB for Belgium as it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Throw Song infront of that back four (at tell him to defend) and I dont know about ya'll but imo THAT defense looks scary for other teams. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

You didin't like Gibbs in the first half?  I thought he was solid.  Got forward and didin't look shaky.  I agree though I would be very interested to see that back 4 in a game where we need to defend more.  At this point we need bodies.  I mean look who we have coming up in the league the next two.  Liverpool and United and we literally have 5 First Team defenders healthy as of right now and Squillaci is
sick.gif
.  Suarez would rip him a new one.  DJ, Gibbs, Traore are hurt.  Eboue is at Galatasaray.  IF we have to play with Jenkinson on Saturday in the back they better move him to RB and make Sagna switch to left because he is ridiculously one footed.  Look all these injuries and we are two games in.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

You didin't like Gibbs in the first half?  I thought he was solid.  Got forward and didin't look shaky.  I agree though I would be very interested to see that back 4 in a game where we need to defend more.  At this point we need bodies.  I mean look who we have coming up in the league the next two.  Liverpool and United and we literally have 5 First Team defenders healthy as of right now and Squillaci is
sick.gif
.  Suarez would rip him a new one.  DJ, Gibbs, Traore are hurt.  Eboue is at Galatasaray.  IF we have to play with Jenkinson on Saturday in the back they better move him to RB and make Sagna switch to left because he is ridiculously one footed.  Look all these injuries and we are two games in.

He played a solid 1st half. I admit he does lack experience but with time he'll grow and will become a better defender. We're in bad shape.
Nasri is gone

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Look all these injuries and we are two games in.

It was common knowledge we'd have these injuries. This is Arsenal
30t6p3b.gif

Oh and does Soccernet ever use a picture that isnt perfect for the situation?

samirnasricry_275x155.jpg

Samir Nasri appears set to leave Arsenal
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 A+ execution.

babam11218719 wrote:
trunks206 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
He was fine in the first half but he just doesn't install confidence in me. In fact I'm pretty sure he hurt himself today from racing back due to getting too far forward and out of position.  He may become a good defender but his learning curve may be quite costly as our midfield which supplies the forwards is much weaker this year so every goal counts. 

Its scary that we are a ban/another injury away from fielding in  PL match.

Sagna-Kos-Squid- Jenkinson

alien.gif

Its early and I dont want to be all doom and gloom so I will keep faith that Wenger knows what he's doing. 

I didn't get to watch the Arsenal game but off what you guys said, I don't feel comfortable with only a one goal lead going into the second game.

I'm extremely pissed at FCK. An own goal and a goal in the 79th? And now we have to play in Prague? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i wish i could post the video of arsenal fans chanting about nasri but....its not NT approved

I'm sure it was some explicit stuff. His lesbian looking self inst too well liked by Arsenal fans right about now...

46cgx.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Real:
Casillas Ramos, Pepe, Carvalho, Coentrão, Alonso, Khedira, Di María, Özil, Ronaldo & Benzema

Barca:

Valdés Alves, Piqué, Mascherano Abidal Busquets Xavi Iniesta Pedro, Villa Messi

and from my understanding, cesc on the bench, can play

None of the streams I had are working now, I can't use espn3 bc they don't have it for my cable provider.
Can someone help me out?! Haven't had any luck finding another one

Ronaldo's blast
eek.gif
Ozil should have put that away. Good to see Madrid aggressive on offense and defense.

Back
Top Bottom