The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by beans718

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

FIFA's and UEFA's Barcelona nuthugging is really beyond annoying.

The vast majority of the time, they beat teams legit and often by huge margins. However, whenever they struggle, the refs bail them out with bull %%*% penalties like the one today and the one against Milan, Arsenal last yr, and Chelsea in 09, etc. It's so subtle exactly because most of the time they don't need a helping hand from the refs. But whenever they do, they get it.

*fixed
Yea because there weren't legit goals called back in the Arsenal draw, 2nd yellow card worthy tackles weren't being overlooked, there weren't any phantom calls against Barca in the Chelsea draw, there wasn't a phantom red card against Abidal, and there weren't any missed penalty calls in the first leg against Milan...This one-sided criticism is so @#$@$@ pathetic
laugh.gif
I'm not denying that the team gets favorable calls but so does every @#$@$@ big club on earth. And for every favorable call you bring up, I can point out 5-6 blatant card worthy fouls that get ignored or just get replaced with a free kicks. It's gotten to the point where some of you truly believe that a Barcaplayer has to be mortally wounded on the pitch before he gets a call inhis favor
indifferent.gif
What makes it even better is that a Man United fan had the audacity to add to the statement, like that team isn't one of the biggest recipients of free passes in the entire sport
laugh.gif
At least it wasn't a Madrid fan posting this @#$%, because that would be the most hypocritical post in history. Madrid has been robbing all of La Liga the entire year

capturexj.jpg

2 Handed shove inside the box without even making a play for the ball. CLEARLY not a penalty
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Eiddy, I've also heard from a credible football source that both Modric and Bale will leave WHL if/when Spurs completes their domestic collapse outside the top-4. Modric to Chelsea or United makes the most sense given their CAM need. Bale seems destined for Madrid or Barca. Honestly the Bernabeu is truly a better fit. At the Camp Nou, Bale will be a LB replacement for Abidal. At Madrid, Bale will purely be an attacker with the logjam that is Coentrao and Marcelo.Spurs are still the current favorites for Hazard.SoleMan, Fergie's interest in Gaitan has cooled after his poor CL showing. I like that proposed offer for Benfica more than United. Fergie is tracking Kagawa heavily as a potential CAM option instead of Sneijder.Alach, Balo is suspended for the rest of the domestic season. May be sold in the summer to Milan or Inter. City also looking to sell Kolarov, De Jong, Dzeko, and Tevez.Arsenal targets for Wenger: Podolski (done deal), Dempsey, M'Vila, Hazard, and Vertonghen.

I agree with everything here.  I think Bale will definitely seek greener pastures elsewhere and his pace could very well lead him to Madrid. 

Tottenham would fall apart if they don't finish strong this season.  

I'd like to see more of Kagawa. 

I'm glad there's some sort of link to Bebe leaving full time.  That dude was just a terrible experiment. 

Originally Posted by SFC415

Originally Posted by beans718

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

FIFA's and UEFA's Barcelona nuthugging is really beyond annoying.

The vast majority of the time, they beat teams legit and often by huge margins. However, whenever they struggle, the refs bail them out with bull %%*% penalties like the one today and the one against Milan, Arsenal last yr, and Chelsea in 09, etc. It's so subtle exactly because most of the time they don't need a helping hand from the refs. But whenever they do, they get it.

*fixed
Yea because there weren't legit goals called back in the Arsenal draw, 2nd yellow card worthy tackles weren't being overlooked, there weren't any phantom calls against Barca in the Chelsea draw, there wasn't a phantom red card against Abidal, and there weren't any missed penalty calls in the first leg against Milan...This one-sided criticism is so @#$@$@ pathetic
laugh.gif
I'm not denying that the team gets favorable calls but so does every @#$@$@ big club on earth. And for every favorable call you bring up, I can point out 5-6 blatant card worthy fouls that get ignored or just get replaced with a free kicks. It's gotten to the point where some of you truly believe that a Barcaplayer has to be mortally wounded on the pitch before he gets a call inhis favor
indifferent.gif
What makes it even better is that a Man United fan had the audacity to add to the statement, like that team isn't one of the biggest recipients of free passes in the entire sport
laugh.gif
At least it wasn't a Madrid fan posting this @#$%, because that would be the most hypocritical post in history. Madrid has been robbing all of La Liga the entire year

capturexj.jpg

2 Handed shove inside the box without even making a play for the ball. CLEARLY not a penalty
roll.gif
Abidal's sending off was just due though.. he made some horrible challenges on drogba and none where called, same thing with that horrible tackle by yaya,,, and let me not forget to mention the handball by pique.. And we can all be honest, Arsenal lost all hope last yr with that BS call on van persie... Im not saying that this doesnt happen all the time but what I am saying is this usually happens to barca when they need it the most (CL). And its becoming increasingly obvious, i dont think it takes away much from them though because like the original poster mentioned they still destroy teams for the most part (i.e United in the CL final last yr).. but your right who am i to complain..  nor was i really trying to.. just pointing out the obvious.. just like you could do with the last time we played chelsea, or anytime webb refs one of our matches..

Soooooo was Are city fans really just gonna let TEVEZ taunt them like that.. dude really hit them with the golf swing? classy player from a classy club

Any of you regulars in here from Chicago?

Gonna be in Chicago the weekend of the UCL Final. Anybody know a decent soccer bar to catch the game at?

Originally Posted by DLo13

Any of you regulars in here from Chicago?

Gonna be in Chicago the weekend of the UCL Final. Anybody know a decent soccer bar to catch the game at?

temple bar chicago... home of all reds in the chitown

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Two fixtures in a row with Ashley Young going down in the box far too easily.

gotta agree, he is only bringing down the quality of his name with these antics.. shame too

Drogba's goal, Mata's pass to Ramires, and Lampard's free kick were all first class.

Harry has to be the blame for all of this though.. didnt start till the england manager job became available

Back
Top Bottom