The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

^
How many transfers have been protracted like this one? Perhaps if Arsene had conceded to Cesc's wishes when he first made them he wouldn't have to deal with all the attention surrounding it. Instead he convinced him to stay on, and as time passed it became clear to everyone where he would end up. So Pique and Puyol had some fun about the whole thing, big deal. I respect AFC and have many Gooner friends, but really they're all just mad about the exodus of talent. Chelsea and Real have been "illegally" approaching players for years, and yet no one cares.
As for the other players' comments, I fail to see how it is classless to answer questions from the hounding press about a good friend who himself has previously indicated his desire to return to his original team. Xavi never said anything about him being hostage, and the suffering comments were taken out of context and grossly exaggerated. He said Cesc was suffering over the transfer, as in having to endure the uncertainty of it all, which is exactly how the word should be used - being forced to endure.

Don't get me started on Wenger. All this dude does is %$!+$ and moan about what other teams are doing, word to Man City's new sponsorship deal. Next time he wants to raid La Masia for young talent he should make sure his team doesn't go six years without winning a damn trophy so his players aren't begging to be allowed to take the next flight out of London.

Suarez. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

Suarez is going to be the league's best striker this season.
Feel the same way. Guy is brimming with talent. 
Great atmosphere at the Kop, as usual. Damn I missed Prem footy. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Cesc will be the next Hleb.  
a Treble winner?

A player who goes to Barcelona to sit on the bench/not play.
I'm sorry broseph but we all know Cesc will not sit in the bench long, well depending on how healthy he is.

What. A. Strike.
One of those games... 'Pool should be up a few goals, but now find themselves in a draw...

So I'm curious to know who you think he will replace in the starting line-up then.

He could bench either of them if they don't find a way to fit him in, which I doubt. His numbers more than show what he's capable of.
Edit- Liverpool about to pull a Arsenal, well last season Arsenal.

yo, im just gonna put this out there, liverpool could finish at least third, sure the summer signings have been odd, but, they got a keeper, improved the back line (also being rumored to give 12 mill and n'gog for gary cahill) , got a hell of a midfield, and the strikers are top class

Lol @ those 2 fans... Red BoSox cap + red 49ers sweatshirt... just trying to blend in.
EDIT ~ QPR shot down 0-4 by... Bolton.  Welcome to the Premiership.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

^
How many transfers have been protracted like this one? Perhaps if Arsene had conceded to Cesc's wishes when he first made them he wouldn't have to deal with all the attention surrounding it. Instead he convinced him to stay on, and as time passed it became clear to everyone where he would end up. So Pique and Puyol had some fun about the whole thing, big deal. I respect AFC and have many Gooner friends, but really they're all just mad about the exodus of talent. Chelsea and Real have been "illegally" approaching players for years, and yet no one cares.
As for the other players' comments, I fail to see how it is classless to answer questions from the hounding press about a good friend who himself has previously indicated his desire to return to his original team. Xavi never said anything about him being hostage, and the suffering comments were taken out of context and grossly exaggerated. He said Cesc was suffering over the transfer, as in having to endure the uncertainty of it all, which is exactly how the word should be used - being forced to endure.

Don't get me started on Wenger. All this dude does is %$!+$ and moan about what other teams are doing, word to Man City's new sponsorship deal. Next time he wants to raid La Masia for young talent he should make sure his team doesn't go six years without winning a damn trophy so his players aren't begging to be allowed to take the next flight out of London.

I could keep arguing over this but as an Arsenal fan I have my views on the situation and as a Barcelona fan you have yours, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.I'm headed to the pub, I'm too excited for the new season! Let's go!

Back
Top Bottom