The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

How is what Barcelona doing fair? This is ridiculous...I hope Real step it up this season and gut them

I just don't like Ian Darke doing football. He has a great voice and all but always seems to throw in his personal agendas when he is supposed to be a play by play announcer. Re: saying African fans have no clue about football after they boo'd Suarez after his intentional handball vs Ghana. Most football fans react strongly to those things, let it be. He was also completely biased toward the US Women's team. Perhaps if he had the composure of a Martin Tyler he would be the ideal announcer. Anyway, if he is taking over for an American announcer or even Adrian Healey, I've no problem with that. Please no Chelsea matches though!
sick.gif

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

How is what Barcelona doing fair? This is ridiculous...I hope Real step it up this season and gut them

I don't know it you're referring to it but if this whole Cesc situation wasn't the act of "tapping up" a contracted player I dont know what is. Its crazy, but we all know UEFA is a joke though.

Originally Posted by trunks206

I don't know it you're referring to it but if this whole Cesc situation wasn't the act of "tapping up" a contracted player I dont know what is. Its crazy, but we all know UEFA is a joke though.

Barcelona = 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

laugh.gif
at that tevez rumor. he doesnt even want play or live�in england. i can understand with his terrible english i wouldnt want to be living there also�

Very difficul very emotion!!!

Tevez is that dude
pimp.gif

Yet Arsenal has pushed him toward the door too. The truth is that Cesc -- accused of letting Arsenal down -- feels let down. By the broken promise on his departure but also by the same things that have frustrated fans: the broken promises on signings, the failure of the team to take a step up; by the long wait to win something. Criticisms of Barcelona's approach and Cesc's lack of loyalty have painted Arsenal and Arsene Wenger as entirely innocent victims, as if a decision to move on is taken in a vacuum -- entirely independent of life at the Emirates. But are they really?

Fans and players want the same thing: the difference is that players can change clubs to get them. And all there while there was Barcelona -- his Barcelona and now the best team in the world -- who wanted Cesc. Of course he wanted to go. He is not old, but time slips away, opportunities too. He wants to be the best in the world. It may be selfish, it may even be wrong as it turns out, but it is logical to assume that he can better do that at Barcelona.

Cesc was a key player at the European championships in 2008, playing brilliantly in the semifinal and the final for Spain. He provided the pass for Andres Iniesta to score the wining goal at the World Cup. He has two winners medals and the satisfaction of having made a big contribution. And yet he went into both competitions, and came out of both of them, a sub. Moving to Barcelona would immediately see his status increase. The chance to establish himself in the Barcelona team with his international team mates -- which is itself a difficult task but Cesc knows he has Pep Guardiola's backing -- would cement that.

He might also win something at club level; it is no good being a team for the future; tomorrow never comes. And that is something that has come to obsess him. Cesc himself said: "Sometimes it feels like we [Arsenal] are always saying to the fans 'next year we'll be great, next year we'll do it' and they don't like that and nor do I. You have to win."

And that was four years ago.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sid_lowe/08/11/cesc/index.html

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]
[/font]

And someone is mad that Barca are buying a quality (and homegrown) player, then turning around and supporting Real? Seriously? 

Originally Posted by DLo13

To the thrill of...somebody, maybe...Robbie Keane is said to be joining the LA Galaxy.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
For Spurs supporters frees up some wages.

At least UNICEF is still on the shirt, but
indifferent.gif
at Qatar Foundation

Cesc himself said: "Sometimes it feels like we [Arsenal] are always saying to the fans 'next year we'll be great, next year we'll do it' and they don't like that and nor do I. You have to win."

This is the reason Nasri is likely headed out the exit as well. Sports are about winning. Plain and simple. Arsenal crumble at crucial times each year. Wenger needs to change his transfer policy to really take Arsenal to the next level and win something.

With that said, FORZA BARCA!!!

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

robbie keane to the galaxy
pimp.gif

source?

[h2]Keane heading to LA?[/h2]
Keane is unwanted by Spurs boss Harry Redknapp and said last week that he expected to tie up a move before the end of the transfer window.

The Irish international played in a friendly on Wednesday night against Croatia in Dublin, but is believed to be flying to LA to sign a contract worth a reported $9 million over next two years.

Keane was linked with a transfer to the MLS 18 months ago, with wife Claudine quoted as saying: "Would I like to see him play for a team like LA Galaxy? Yes, I would love that, but it changes all the time."

pimp.gif
at chivas getting the game winner with just 9 players..

best team in the fmf this season.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Yet Arsenal has pushed him toward the door too. The truth is that Cesc -- accused of letting Arsenal down -- feels let down. By the broken promise on his departure but also by the same things that have frustrated fans: the broken promises on signings, the failure of the team to take a step up; by the long wait to win something. Criticisms of Barcelona's approach and Cesc's lack of loyalty have painted Arsenal and Arsene Wenger as entirely innocent victims, as if a decision to move on is taken in a vacuum -- entirely independent of life at the Emirates. But are they really?

Fans and players want the same thing: the difference is that players can change clubs to get them. And all there while there was Barcelona -- his Barcelona and now the best team in the world -- who wanted Cesc. Of course he wanted to go. He is not old, but time slips away, opportunities too. He wants to be the best in the world. It may be selfish, it may even be wrong as it turns out, but it is logical to assume that he can better do that at Barcelona.

Cesc was a key player at the European championships in 2008, playing brilliantly in the semifinal and the final for Spain. He provided the pass for Andres Iniesta to score the wining goal at the World Cup. He has two winners medals and the satisfaction of having made a big contribution. And yet he went into both competitions, and came out of both of them, a sub. Moving to Barcelona would immediately see his status increase. The chance to establish himself in the Barcelona team with his international team mates -- which is itself a difficult task but Cesc knows he has Pep Guardiola's backing -- would cement that.

He might also win something at club level; it is no good being a team for the future; tomorrow never comes. And that is something that has come to obsess him. Cesc himself said: "Sometimes it feels like we [Arsenal] are always saying to the fans 'next year we'll be great, next year we'll do it' and they don't like that and nor do I. You have to win."

[/font]

And someone is mad that Barca are buying a quality (and homegrown) player, then turning around and supporting Real? Seriously? 

No, sir...I've been a Real Madrid fan. 

Originally Posted by wizards23

Cesc himself said: "Sometimes it feels like we [Arsenal] are always saying to the fans 'next year we'll be great, next year we'll do it' and they don't like that and nor do I. You have to win."

This is the reason Nasri is likely headed out the exit as well. Sports are about winning. Plain and simple. Arsenal crumble at crucial times each year. Wenger needs to change his transfer policy to really take Arsenal to the next level and win something.

With that said, FORZA BARCA!!!

Nasri? The same guy that only played a half season? If he would've played at least decent in the second half we would've won the league. With that said I know Cesc will flourish at Barcunts.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Joel Campbell is a great signing...especially for under £1 million.

Is it Saturday already?

Can't take you serious.. Same dude telling me " wenger said we spending big money this summer" -_- same ol wenger

You're telling me taking a gamble for under 1 million quid on a 19 year old striker that has talent is a bad move?

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

To the thrill of...somebody, maybe...Robbie Keane is said to be joining the LA Galaxy.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
at Qatar Foundation

The shirts are much nicer in person. I actually bought both the home and away kits recently. This is coming from someone who LOATHED the new kits with a passion when I saw pictures of them. And they're MUCH better than the half blue/half red shirts from a few years back
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Of course I still prefer UNICEF on the front (who doesn't?) but it is what it is. It's gonna be here for the next 5 years so might as well get used to it.

And I don't get why fans of other squads are getting mad at Barcelona for wanting to get  Fabregas, as if dude didn't want to come back the past several years? I respect Arsenal but that team has looked hopeless for a while now. Can't really blame all the big name players on that squad for wanting to leave.

and
indifferent.gif
@ a Madrid fan of all people talking about fair transfers
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
at Qatar Foundation

The shirts are much nicer in person. I actually bought both the home and away kits recently. This is coming from someone who LOATHED the new kits with a passion when I saw pictures of them. And they're MUCH better than the half blue/half red shirts from a few years back
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Of course I still prefer UNICEF on the front (who doesn't?) but it is what it is. It's gonna be here for the next 5 years so might as well get used to it.

And I don't get why fans of other squads are getting mad at Barcelona for wanting to get  Fabregas, as if dude didn't want to come back the past several years? I respect Arsenal but that team has looked hopeless for a while now. Can't really blame all the big name players on that squad for wanting to leave.

and
indifferent.gif
@ a Madrid fan of all people talking about fair transfers
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Nah don't mind the new Barca kit so much, just as you said much prefer UNICEF.
Don't think the Barca kit is too bad, am glad its different at least, saw it at the Barca v Club America match.
Interesting that they went with that black kit after having so many bright colors in recent years.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

[/font]

laugh.gif
I know you are a Bbarca fan and all but I seriously hope you didnt think hat was some sort of eye opening piece. I'm an Arsenal fan I KNOW why he wanted/wants to return, but you completely missed the point that I was talking about.  Barca from top to bottom have acted pretty classless throughout this entire situation.

Clowns like Xavi talking about Cesc's DNA and him being held hostage and suffering. 
indifferent.gif
Puyol and Pique taking pictures from off the wall's of the London Colney training center of Cesc and tweeting about bringing part of him back "home" when we offered our training grounds as the had to come to London early leading up to their final with United.  The same two clowns as before forcing him into a Barca shirt last summer after the WC win and dont get me started on Rosell....I hope you now get my point that these action would/should certainly fall under the category of "tapping up" which UEFA at some point had believed should be against the rules yet they do/did nothing.
30t6p3b.gif

I know Wenger doesnt have many fans on here but you have to respect that he doesnt try to unsettle any of his targets (insert some lame joke here) out of respect to the player, their club and its fans (which is why the rule is in place).

Anyways.....little over 9 hours until kickoff of our new season! Lets Go!!!

As much as it pains me to say, the Cesc saga has been very amateur.
Not only do the media already blow it out of proportions, the influence and public
comments made by some of Barcas top players has been in very, very poor taste
regardless of where Cesc is originally from.

Back
Top Bottom