The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

1fec2ee27ed94937a42956baef17ee1d3c75753d.jpg

There's something fishy going on. UEFA needs to investigate. 
Wait, whaaaat?

No, they are saying that the Zagreb players were bribed, and he is giving a wink and a thumbs up as if things are going as planned.

I didn't see either game but anytime a team makes up a 7 goal difference in the last round of the Champions League, questions should be asked.
laugh.gif

Just saw the highlights, and it did look a bit fishy. There were 2 yellow cards in 18 minutes, and 6 goals in 45 mins when Lyon scored 2 in their previous 5 CL matches. Not to mention the defending on those goals was on par with my 7 year old nephew's youth team.

If you're a match fixer a game like Zagreb-Lyon is the perfect game for you to fix. A high profile team in a delicate situation against a team from a small league who pay little wages with nothing to play for.

The game's high profile enough to see some betting action to avoid suspicion from the bookies, but involves players that are not being paid enough money to reject substantial bribes. They'd only really need to pay out maybe 5 players.

After the Juve scandal and reading Declan Hill's "The Fix," I feel like it's probably something to be looked into, but it's UEFA so it won't.

After what happened at WC 2002 with South Korea you have to be naive to think it implausible that major soccer games are fixed.
And I'd add that this was a match that relatively few people were watching given the other games being played. Helps to not have a huge spotlight on the match. 

Manchester City and Manchester United both crashed out of the Champions League yesterday in a very unexpected turn of events.  In fact, for one Man City fan the turn of events was beyond unexpected.   Kirk Bradley, a die-hard supporter of City, got a tattoo in 2009 which predicted that Man City would end up winning the Champions League in 2011.

To be honest the final wouldn’t have been played until 2012, so he technically lost hope when City didn’t qualify last year, however I’m sure if his team would have won Europe this year he would have been pleased to keep it as is.

via The Sun

He should get free tickets for LIFE 

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

what if SAF was sacked when we wake up tomorrow?

That would never happen. 
With the comebacks SAF has made, the trophies & titles he's won, the money he's made for the club, the popularity he's brought to the club....

That would NEVER happen. 

While under SAF's reign, United became the most successful EPL team in the history of the EPL.

Again, NOT going to happen.

Rooney gets his UEFA ban reduced to 2.

And France's gaming authority is looking in to betting patterns on Lyon yesterday.

Vidic's agent confirms it's as bad as it looked.
frown.gif

SAF has to buy an experienced CB now, right? Rio is always hurt, Jones is young, and
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Jonny Evans...

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

frown.gif
how bad is it?
His agent said... "Unfortunately he has suffered a ruptured cruciate ligament,"... so basically he's probably out for this season.  
ohwell.gif

EDIT ~ Just confirmed by SAF... out for the season.

^ damn that's a big loss.

I have this feeling we're going to get AC Milan in the next round, but honestly I'd rather have them than Napoli

Back
Top Bottom