The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

^ Lol... good luck with that.

Meanwhile, Rooooooneh...
pimp.gif

3 points, clean sheet, RVP picking up another goal, and club legends in attendance...great day for Arsenal FC.  

Alexis Sanchez is gonna be a problem. Now has the confidence to match his skill.

If I were a Madrid fan I wouldn't be too crushed over this. If Ronaldo takes his chances Madrid wins or ties this game.

Good watch though.

Well played by Barca. Needed the crucial three points and took care of business, but race for the league is only just beginning. Shame about the early concession, but it seems like they will never be a team that settles in quickly. They always seems to be at their most vulnerable in the opening stages. Still trying to find their best form and mix of players, but showed they are still a cut above tonight. Mainly through his passing, Messi was able to exploit space behind Real's high line time and again. I thought Real's pressure was good, but faded quickly after being forced to chase the ball. 

Iniesta was radiating brilliance all game long. Man of the match.

laugh.gif
@ Ronaldo.

Onto Japan. Visca Barca.

In a way this sets up a fantastic CL final potentially. Madrid is inching closer, yet Barca is still having their way in Clasicos.

If this CL final happens it's gonna be the most epic club match of my life.

As per usual...Barca dismantling Real....

I predicted Barca 3-2 Real...

Ronaldo should have scored at least twice...it's a shame he didn't put up the numbers...

Fabregado was inSANE!

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Alexis Sanchez is gonna be a problem. Now has the confidence to match his skill.

If I were a Madrid fan I wouldn't be too crushed over this. If Ronaldo takes his chances Madrid wins or ties this game.

Good watch though.

but they are...at least all my buds are
goin into the match as a fav

gettin spotted a goal

cr7 not playing/finsihing well (way to blast the wall on ur free kicks too)

playing well for only1/4 of the match

but yeah, not being too crushed after pep gets them again...dunno about that

Originally Posted by grusumm18

Good watch though.

gettin spotted a goal

If you've been paying attention to this rivalry you know that this was a somewhat inspiring game for Madrid when compared to recent matches. They didn't get dominated, they created chances, they were in the game and could have even put it away early. Ronaldo flubs his chances and Barca capitalizes. It happens. 
That's why you didn't see any dirtiness from Madrid, at least not like before. They weren't as frustrated and Mourinho must feel positive about his chances should Real and Barca meet in the CL. Barca was not an unbeatable enemy today. The way Barca has played the past few seasons, you're somewhat happy to lose a game because you missed chances, as opposed to total domination. 

It's not always just about the result, especially this early in the season, when Madrid still has a lead, effectively. 

Originally Posted by grusumm18

Good watch though.

gettin spotted a goal

If you've been paying attention to this rivalry you know that this was a somewhat inspiring game for Madrid when compared to recent matches. They didn't get dominated, they created chances, they were in the game and could have even put it away early. Ronaldo flubs his chances and Barca capitalizes. It happens. 
That's why you didn't see any dirtiness from Madrid, at least not like before. They weren't as frustrated and Mourinho must feel positive about his chances should Real and Barca meet in the CL. Barca was not an unbeatable enemy today. The way Barca has played the past few seasons, you're somewhat happy to lose a game because you missed chances, as opposed to total domination. 

It's not always just about the result, especially this early in the season, when Madrid still has a lead, effectively. 
There were a bunch of rash tackles by Pepe and Ramos, but I'm not gonna get into that. I agree though, Madrid had several chances to tie the game; by no means am I going to say they're finished or anything like that.  Ronaldo
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
Performances like his are one of the huge reasons I can't stand him when he plays for Portugal. Looks like god when facing average teams, and then completely loses his cool during big matches.

Puyol (when healthy like today)
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Besides that slip, dude was a monster all game
Iniesta
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Why doesn't Madrid let Xabi Alonso take free kicks by the way? Ronaldo's free kicks are so damn overrated. Yes, they're beastly when they go in, but his ratio of kicks that he actually makes to his attempts is relatively terrible

laugh.gif
@ "somewhat inspiring." A 500m euro Real Madrid team with supposedly the world's greatest manager lose by two goals at home, but are inspired because they "didn't get dominated." Right. Saying they lost because CR didn't take his chances is akin to me saying Valdes' mistake was the only thing keeping Barca from a clean sheet at the Bernabeu. Perhaps true, but ultimately meaningless in context.

Real just aren't as good. The only way Mou can squeeze out results against this Barca side is by playing 11 men behind the ball, absorbing pressure, and hitting out on the counter. To his credit, this strategy has worked before. One can only hope he eventually gets fired for disgracing Real Madrid with "negative football" like Capello was.

On second viewing I'd give Puyol man of the match. Still a colossus at the back.

I dont think Barca dominated until after that third goal, and I blame that on players giving up more then Barca being way better

When you press to score on barca you leave too much room for the counter.. its the risk you take though.

Madrid fans have a valid point about cr7 being the deciding factor of this game.. not to discredit barca too much but the 2nd goal was fluke, and had cr7 passed or netted those goals you have a different game.. but the same could be said about victors pass..  I did however enjoy this classico more than recent ones because the teams looked more evenly matched IMO... cant wait for the return leg and possible cl matches.  was dissapointed in ozil, wanted to see him boss this mf, also would have liked to see callejon come on

Back
Top Bottom