The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Bob still being the manager is what scares me.

What a fun game! So fun I'm gonna forget it ever happened
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

30t6p3b.gif
To think we could've had Jurgen Klinsmann 
30t6p3b.gif

I'll support the USNT no matter what but this @#%$ is pathetic. Even if we had our starters in the whole game it would've been 2-0 or 3-0. The score easily could've been 7-0, we just got lucky with the ball hitting the post twice and an incorrect offsides ruling

There were 3 opportunities to score today and we screwed all of them up badly 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

30t6p3b.gif
To think we could've had Jurgen Klinsmann 
30t6p3b.gif

I'll support the USNT no matter what but this @#%$ is pathetic. Even if we had our starters in the whole game it would've been 2-0 or 3-0. The score easily could've been 7-0, we just got lucky with the ball hitting the post twice and an incorrect offsides ruling

There were 3 opportunities to score today and we screwed all of them up badly 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

England 2-2 against Switzerland. I see they're still meh. But they're the only team in the world with the permanent luxury of being considered serious contenders for a World/Euro cup, regardless of how many poor/mediocre cups they've had in a row.

This. On the world stage, they regularly get exposed as the mechanical, kick and chase football players they are.

As for the Spain-USA game
tired.gif
sick.gif

No shame in getting beat by the world champs, but after the first two goals it really looked like they basically gave up on a number of runs and challenges. Some of the marking was straight pitiful.

As for David Silva and Xabi Alonso, WOW. Pure class.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

England 2-2 against Switzerland. I see they're still meh. But they're the only team in the world with the permanent luxury of being considered serious contenders for a World/Euro cup, regardless of how many poor/mediocre cups they've had in a row.

This. On the world stage, they regularly get exposed as the mechanical, kick and chase football players they are.

As for the Spain-USA game
tired.gif
sick.gif

No shame in getting beat by the world champs, but after the first two goals it really looked like they basically gave up on a number of runs and challenges. Some of the marking was straight pitiful.

As for David Silva and Xabi Alonso, WOW. Pure class.

went to the game, enjoyed seeing spain work the us over

not a fan of the us players or coach to be honest. always been a fan of the spanish team since i was little too so it's great to see them play so well the last few years
silva played out of his mind today. alonso cazorla and ramos were great too i thought. solid defending in the first half especially by pique.

nice to see torres knock one in, he didn't get too many touches but when he did he looked great imo.

iniesta had some flashes but you could tell he was on vacation 

villa tried hard but it wasn't his night. whatever, he's a scoring machine for spain when it counts.

went to the game, enjoyed seeing spain work the us over

not a fan of the us players or coach to be honest. always been a fan of the spanish team since i was little too so it's great to see them play so well the last few years
silva played out of his mind today. alonso cazorla and ramos were great too i thought. solid defending in the first half especially by pique.

nice to see torres knock one in, he didn't get too many touches but when he did he looked great imo.

iniesta had some flashes but you could tell he was on vacation 

villa tried hard but it wasn't his night. whatever, he's a scoring machine for spain when it counts.

I love the US ( born n raised) and even have a congressional issued flag in my room but I don't like our US Soccer team. I know u may think I'm racist but I dont like the fact we only have one brown brother consistently on the team...Bocanegra. When Latinos have the number 1 (Messi) and number 3ish ( Kaka) players in the world I can ask where are the Latinos on our US team? Juan Agudelo was born in Colombia not in the USA. Where are the US born Latinos? The Dallas Mavs, NY Jets, Cowboys, and Chicago white sox have more Latinos in key positions than the US team LOL. If there were no blacks or whites on the US team u guys would understand especially since soccer , MMA, boxing, and baseball are stereotyped as Latino sports. Landon Donovan once said he played against better players ( Latinos) than himself in his San Diego youth league so where are they? Dempsy said he learned his dribbling skills from fellow youth Latino players in Texas so where are they? The US Nat team is made up of wealthy suburbanites. The US discriminates against us. Until discrimination ends I will continue to root for my parents' Guatemala and Argentina.

I love the US ( born n raised) and even have a congressional issued flag in my room but I don't like our US Soccer team. I know u may think I'm racist but I dont like the fact we only have one brown brother consistently on the team...Bocanegra. When Latinos have the number 1 (Messi) and number 3ish ( Kaka) players in the world I can ask where are the Latinos on our US team? Juan Agudelo was born in Colombia not in the USA. Where are the US born Latinos? The Dallas Mavs, NY Jets, Cowboys, and Chicago white sox have more Latinos in key positions than the US team LOL. If there were no blacks or whites on the US team u guys would understand especially since soccer , MMA, boxing, and baseball are stereotyped as Latino sports. Landon Donovan once said he played against better players ( Latinos) than himself in his San Diego youth league so where are they? Dempsy said he learned his dribbling skills from fellow youth Latino players in Texas so where are they? The US Nat team is made up of wealthy suburbanites. The US discriminates against us. Until discrimination ends I will continue to root for my parents' Guatemala and Argentina.

Part of the reason I can see is probably that United States sports as a whole use the collegiate system as a feeder and free training, where elsewhere in the world the teams themselves take players in at a young age. I go to a school with an incredibly successful soccer program and I don't recall us having a major player that is Latino, or many Latinos on campus period. Now, I have no idea why that is, perhaps its just my location, but to say the US National team is discriminating is bizarre to me.

BTW, Kaka is not a top 10 or even top 20 player in the world anymore.

Part of the reason I can see is probably that United States sports as a whole use the collegiate system as a feeder and free training, where elsewhere in the world the teams themselves take players in at a young age. I go to a school with an incredibly successful soccer program and I don't recall us having a major player that is Latino, or many Latinos on campus period. Now, I have no idea why that is, perhaps its just my location, but to say the US National team is discriminating is bizarre to me.

BTW, Kaka is not a top 10 or even top 20 player in the world anymore.

^^^ agreed kaka hasnt been that good lately but look at all the Latinos in the top clubs. Madrid has DiMaria, higuain, Gago, marcelo and garay. Barcelona has Messi, Alves, Mascherano, Milito, and Adriano. Man U has Chicharito, Valencia, fabio, and Rafael. That's a decent showing in foreign leagues across the sea. The US is just next door and has a huge population of Latinos that have better Nutrition and health than Carlos Tevez and even the best ever a.k.a Diego Maradona had growing up.

Your school does not have a Latino on the team cuz like u said ur school has almost no Latinos in general. That would make sense. No Latinos (or less than Man U) on the US team...not so much.

^^^ agreed kaka hasnt been that good lately but look at all the Latinos in the top clubs. Madrid has DiMaria, higuain, Gago, marcelo and garay. Barcelona has Messi, Alves, Mascherano, Milito, and Adriano. Man U has Chicharito, Valencia, fabio, and Rafael. That's a decent showing in foreign leagues across the sea. The US is just next door and has a huge population of Latinos that have better Nutrition and health than Carlos Tevez and even the best ever a.k.a Diego Maradona had growing up.

Your school does not have a Latino on the team cuz like u said ur school has almost no Latinos in general. That would make sense. No Latinos (or less than Man U) on the US team...not so much.

OT from where this discussions been going but...

That prompted Wenger to say last week: "One thing's for sure, we're not selling him to Manchester United." Yet Nasri himself, when interviewed on TF1's Telefoot, appeared more open to the prospect. "Let's find out if their interest is true first, and then we'll talk about it," he said.

"I don't know if I will sign a new contract. Anyway, the discussions are on-going. For the moment, I don't want to think about this. We will speak about it after the match with Poland [on Tuesday]. Do I want to go to United? We should see if their interest is real and if it is concrete first."

Man, if this happened...
pimp.gif
Props would be given to Evra asap
laugh.gif

United full-back Evra wants to get his Arsenal pal to move to Old Trafford and said: "Little prince, if you want to become king you know where you should go.
"Every year at Manchester is a guarantee of a title. I have been here five years and cannot keep count of the trophies I've won - 12? 13? 15?"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

OT from where this discussions been going but...

That prompted Wenger to say last week: "One thing's for sure, we're not selling him to Manchester United." Yet Nasri himself, when interviewed on TF1's Telefoot, appeared more open to the prospect. "Let's find out if their interest is true first, and then we'll talk about it," he said.

"I don't know if I will sign a new contract. Anyway, the discussions are on-going. For the moment, I don't want to think about this. We will speak about it after the match with Poland [on Tuesday]. Do I want to go to United? We should see if their interest is real and if it is concrete first."

Man, if this happened...
pimp.gif
Props would be given to Evra asap
laugh.gif

United full-back Evra wants to get his Arsenal pal to move to Old Trafford and said: "Little prince, if you want to become king you know where you should go.
"Every year at Manchester is a guarantee of a title. I have been here five years and cannot keep count of the trophies I've won - 12? 13? 15?"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

The US discriminates against us. Until discrimination ends I will continue to root for my parents' Guatemala and Argentina.

Really ? Everyone wants to win and if your coach doesnt use Latinos they are probably not good enough.
Take a look at France or Netherland - lots of coloured players and one of my former favorite players was born in Ghana and played for Germany.
Btw what about Jermaine Jones ?

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

The US discriminates against us. Until discrimination ends I will continue to root for my parents' Guatemala and Argentina.

Really ? Everyone wants to win and if your coach doesnt use Latinos they are probably not good enough.
Take a look at France or Netherland - lots of coloured players and one of my former favorite players was born in Ghana and played for Germany.
Btw what about Jermaine Jones ?

Yes, but what I'm saying is all of those guys you mentioned played club football from a young age, its just not like that in the United States, especially in what is a non-big money sport. Latinos choose those other paths because they are quicker and more realistic as Americans. I mean, it took Dempsey until he was 24 to move abroad and he is the best American player imo. I go to Indiana, we've won 7 national championships and if the talent was there we would get it.

Yes, but what I'm saying is all of those guys you mentioned played club football from a young age, its just not like that in the United States, especially in what is a non-big money sport. Latinos choose those other paths because they are quicker and more realistic as Americans. I mean, it took Dempsey until he was 24 to move abroad and he is the best American player imo. I go to Indiana, we've won 7 national championships and if the talent was there we would get it.

how is The US gonna decriminate against latino players when we have had Tab Ramos,Hugo Perez, and Claudio Reyna.

the hispanic players today just arent good enough.

how is The US gonna decriminate against latino players when we have had Tab Ramos,Hugo Perez, and Claudio Reyna.

the hispanic players today just arent good enough.

Back
Top Bottom