The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

What do you guys think of the Altintop signing by Real? It seems like the consensus is that it's a good addition for Real and he's a good two-way midfielder but I'm wondering if the addition of such players will really improve Real's chances of surpassing Barca.
I think it's a decent signing but like many others have voiced here, I don't think this core group of RM players is ever going to surpass that current core group of Barca players. The chemistry and collectiveness as a team just isn't there and I don't think it can be coached. 
Like dude I above, I give R7 another 1-2 years tops before he's some where else. Casillas obviously isn't going anywhere but from here, it's about finding the right mix of current players (which I think is a very small group) and supplementing them with fitting pieces over the next two years. 

Unless something drastic/completely unforeseen happens, Barca's dominance over Real isn't ending any time soon. 
Why do you guys think Ronaldo is gone after 1-2 years? He's a lifelong Real fan, he's playing for a team that is probably the 2nd best in the world, for a great manager, in a great city, etc etc.

As for Real, they do need Ronaldo. He is the 2nd best player in the world, and he's just one of two players on the planet right now capable of scoring 50+ goals a season. Even if you sell him, who can you possibly sign that'll give you his kind of production?

Also, other than City, no one can afford his transfer fee and he hasnt indicated that he'd want to go back to England anyways.

I think it's just a bunch of BS rumors by the media as they go about linking every world class player to City this summer. Next thing you know, the media will claim that City have tabled a 200m offer for Messi.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

What do you guys think of the Altintop signing by Real? It seems like the consensus is that it's a good addition for Real and he's a good two-way midfielder but I'm wondering if the addition of such players will really improve Real's chances of surpassing Barca.
I think it's a decent signing but like many others have voiced here, I don't think this core group of RM players is ever going to surpass that current core group of Barca players. The chemistry and collectiveness as a team just isn't there and I don't think it can be coached. 
Like dude I above, I give R7 another 1-2 years tops before he's some where else. Casillas obviously isn't going anywhere but from here, it's about finding the right mix of current players (which I think is a very small group) and supplementing them with fitting pieces over the next two years. 

Unless something drastic/completely unforeseen happens, Barca's dominance over Real isn't ending any time soon. 
Why do you guys think Ronaldo is gone after 1-2 years? He's a lifelong Real fan, he's playing for a team that is probably the 2nd best in the world, for a great manager, in a great city, etc etc.

As for Real, they do need Ronaldo. He is the 2nd best player in the world, and he's just one of two players on the planet right now capable of scoring 50+ goals a season. Even if you sell him, who can you possibly sign that'll give you his kind of production?

Also, other than City, no one can afford his transfer fee and he hasnt indicated that he'd want to go back to England anyways.

I think it's just a bunch of BS rumors by the media as they go about linking every world class player to City this summer. Next thing you know, the media will claim that City have tabled a 200m offer for Messi.

Nah your right Ronaldo probably isn't going anywhere but if they continue to fall to Barca, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point he's the next scape goat.

I stand by the rest of it though, the number of current players that will survive the turnover over the next few years is small. Casillas is the only untouchable imo.

Nah your right Ronaldo probably isn't going anywhere but if they continue to fall to Barca, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point he's the next scape goat.

I stand by the rest of it though, the number of current players that will survive the turnover over the next few years is small. Casillas is the only untouchable imo.

so im quitting ultimate team and im gonna give anyone on NT that wants my players first dibs gonna post this in the fifa thread and the ultimate soccer thread in the sports section im on xbox 360, i will list the player with no BIN and you can offer me a bronze contract or something, with any coins i have left im just gonna buy packs and discard them till i have very little coins left and delete my club so just hit me up with a quote or a PM

so im quitting ultimate team and im gonna give anyone on NT that wants my players first dibs gonna post this in the fifa thread and the ultimate soccer thread in the sports section im on xbox 360, i will list the player with no BIN and you can offer me a bronze contract or something, with any coins i have left im just gonna buy packs and discard them till i have very little coins left and delete my club so just hit me up with a quote or a PM

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i want united to sell nani to barca and buy charles n'zogbia
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
 not sure if serious.

I'm a Barca fan but no way in hell would I let go of Ronaldo if I was Real Madrid. Going off what Tevez said, Ronaldo is the complete player and his production is outstanding! I think he's just not in the right system or at least not yet. Real has had a problem of not being able to create cohesion since every year they make drastic changes. Even if they were to keep a consistent squad  year in and year out, it would take time to build a "team" such as Barcelona's. I think the story would have been different if Ronaldo would have stayed with Manchester since they're more of a "team" than Real.

Just a random thought that came to mind, but can you imagine if Ronaldo was playing for Barcelona? 
eek.gif
sick.gif

I'm a Barca fan but no way in hell would I let go of Ronaldo if I was Real Madrid. Going off what Tevez said, Ronaldo is the complete player and his production is outstanding! I think he's just not in the right system or at least not yet. Real has had a problem of not being able to create cohesion since every year they make drastic changes. Even if they were to keep a consistent squad  year in and year out, it would take time to build a "team" such as Barcelona's. I think the story would have been different if Ronaldo would have stayed with Manchester since they're more of a "team" than Real.

Just a random thought that came to mind, but can you imagine if Ronaldo was playing for Barcelona? 
eek.gif
sick.gif

SOLEMAN, PMed you my man.
How does everyone feel about Tevez leaving City to be closer to his family?

Rossi makes perfect sense for Barca, Villa CAN'T play out wide on the left flank. Villa thrives primarily in a CF/ST role with Messi, Pedro, and/or Rossi out wide. 

Anyone speculating that CR7 will leave the Bernabeu in a year or two is just ridiculous. Ronaldo is here to stay and I'm actually more worried about Mourinho's long-term future with Los Blancos. I feel "The Special One's" mind is in England and his constant clashes with the higher-ups in the Madrid organization will eventually erupt. Mourinho WILL figure out Barcelona and Pep within the next year. Although I don't necessarily agree with his tactics against Barca in the CL, the plan makes some sense and almost worked considering the first leg was nearly headed for a scoreless draw. 

If Bojan isn't swapped in a deal, I could see him as an Arshavin replacement for Arsenal. 

SOLEMAN, PMed you my man.
How does everyone feel about Tevez leaving City to be closer to his family?

Rossi makes perfect sense for Barca, Villa CAN'T play out wide on the left flank. Villa thrives primarily in a CF/ST role with Messi, Pedro, and/or Rossi out wide. 

Anyone speculating that CR7 will leave the Bernabeu in a year or two is just ridiculous. Ronaldo is here to stay and I'm actually more worried about Mourinho's long-term future with Los Blancos. I feel "The Special One's" mind is in England and his constant clashes with the higher-ups in the Madrid organization will eventually erupt. Mourinho WILL figure out Barcelona and Pep within the next year. Although I don't necessarily agree with his tactics against Barca in the CL, the plan makes some sense and almost worked considering the first leg was nearly headed for a scoreless draw. 

If Bojan isn't swapped in a deal, I could see him as an Arshavin replacement for Arsenal. 

Bojan to replace Arshavin is a good look for gunners... wouldnt be suprised if it was $ + Bojan for Cesc... shoot throw in Mash.. and i'd say you got a deal...

Really dont see Ronnie leaving Madrid.. as someone said before this is typical summer rumors.. this week alone city has been linked with Cesc, Ibra, Cr7, Xavi, etc..

Bojan to replace Arshavin is a good look for gunners... wouldnt be suprised if it was $ + Bojan for Cesc... shoot throw in Mash.. and i'd say you got a deal...

Really dont see Ronnie leaving Madrid.. as someone said before this is typical summer rumors.. this week alone city has been linked with Cesc, Ibra, Cr7, Xavi, etc..

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

eek.gif
sick.gif
Ronaldo and Messi on the same team? hell no...would never work.

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

eek.gif
sick.gif
Ronaldo and Messi on the same team? hell no...would never work.

By all accounts, Arshavin isnt going anywhere this summer. I dont expect much from Wenger this summer besides promoting some of our younger players to the senior side and replacing some of the dead wood with some cheap (around 10m pound) buys.

I dont know why Arsenal fans continue to believe rumors about the club being in the hunt for players valued at over 15m pounds when we've spent that much money only once in our history and we only did so because we HAD to (Arshavin signing in January 2009). \

By all accounts, Arshavin isnt going anywhere this summer. I dont expect much from Wenger this summer besides promoting some of our younger players to the senior side and replacing some of the dead wood with some cheap (around 10m pound) buys.

I dont know why Arsenal fans continue to believe rumors about the club being in the hunt for players valued at over 15m pounds when we've spent that much money only once in our history and we only did so because we HAD to (Arshavin signing in January 2009). \

And there you have it... 40. Damn.

Great strike.
EDIT ~ and an on-pitch guard-of-honor for Dudek... never seen that before.

Back
Top Bottom