The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by Aztec

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by Demps

I know most of ya dont care, but Real Salt Lake has a 2 goal advantage heading into saprissa for the return leg of the champions league semifinal.

new USA jersey on sale 3/24.
I would like to see an MLS team win that trophy.  How seriously does Mexican sides take this competition?
A bit more serious about it now since the mexican league send their champion and sub-champion unlike before when it was like the 3rd or 4th place team.
So how does that work? How is it decided who gets to participate in Copa Libertadores then?

I would like to see an MLS team win that trophy.  How seriously does Mexican sides take this competition?
A bit more serious about it now since the mexican league send their champion and sub-champion unlike before when it was like the 3rd or 4th place team.
So how does that work? How is it decided who gets to participate in Copa Libertadores then?

The two teams with the most points in the last season(not including the ones that go to the Concachampions) go directly to group stage of Libertadores and then next highest team has a two leg playoff with another south american league team for another spot.

The two teams with the most points in the last season(not including the ones that go to the Concachampions) go directly to group stage of Libertadores and then next highest team has a two leg playoff with another south american league team for another spot.

My man yuri zhirkov showing today why he should start.
Should of score today but oh well. He set up some very good plays and his passing was spot on

My man yuri zhirkov showing today why he should start.
Should of score today but oh well. He set up some very good plays and his passing was spot on

Ozil is gonna be one of the best to ever play at real when it's all said and done. They better keep him forever lol.

And C. Ronaldo Tweeted yesterday about Abidal, hope everything goes well and he is fine

Ozil is gonna be one of the best to ever play at real when it's all said and done. They better keep him forever lol.

And C. Ronaldo Tweeted yesterday about Abidal, hope everything goes well and he is fine

idk if any of you are watching the Europa League but Balotelli just sent off for a ridiciously(sp?) reckless challenge.

and Kolorov(sp?) just scored for City.

idk if any of you are watching the Europa League but Balotelli just sent off for a ridiciously(sp?) reckless challenge.

and Kolorov(sp?) just scored for City.

Anyone see this ridiculous Elano freekick? Roberto Carlos-esque. The movement...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Would love to see:

Barca vs Chelsea

Inter vs Madrid

Tottenham vs Shahktar

Schalke vs Man Utd  
knowing that you're an Arsenal fan,aren't you hoping to see us get knocked out early?i was expecting you to say Barca,Inter or even Chelsea...
I hate you
laugh.gif

Schalke has sacked Magath and our boys will now play better than before.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Would love to see:

Barca vs Chelsea

Inter vs Madrid

Tottenham vs Shahktar

Schalke vs Man Utd  
knowing that you're an Arsenal fan,aren't you hoping to see us get knocked out early?i was expecting you to say Barca,Inter or even Chelsea...
I hate you
laugh.gif

Schalke has sacked Magath and our boys will now play better than before.

Balotelli 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Dude hasn't changed a bit. Maybe shouldn't have been a straight red but come on, play with some restraint

Balotelli 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Dude hasn't changed a bit. Maybe shouldn't have been a straight red but come on, play with some restraint

Gonna go see DC's season opener Saturday. Real interested to see if Davies is gonna beast in his likely only season with DCU...Also hope RSL can win the damn CCL. They're so close...

Gonna go see DC's season opener Saturday. Real interested to see if Davies is gonna beast in his likely only season with DCU...Also hope RSL can win the damn CCL. They're so close...

^
You also get to see Andy Najar
pimp.gif

Im only going to about 4 games this year.

DC United: Najar and Davies are the only reason imma go.
Galaxy
Red Bulls
dont know what other team to watch.

USMNT + mourinho ?
Mourinho's children have attended the American Schools in London, Milan and Madrid. He expects they will go to college in the U.S. And therein lies an opportunity for soccer in America. "We want to be close to our kids the maximum we can," he says. "So in a few years when they go in that direction, me and my wife are going to go in the same direction. I see myself coaching a [club] team, coaching the national team or helping develop soccer in the U.S. When I'm tired of winning things in Europe, it's something I want to do. I want to coach the Portuguese national team, and I want to work in the United States."

Do the math. Matilde will be college age in four years, José Jr. in eight. The timing would set up well for Mourinho to take over the U.S. soon after, say, World Cup 2018. He already brings his teams to Los Angeles for preseason training every year. "I love it," Mourinho says of America. "The people have a very open mentality. Everybody is the same. Status doesn't count a lot. I like it very much in this way."

^
You also get to see Andy Najar
pimp.gif

Im only going to about 4 games this year.

DC United: Najar and Davies are the only reason imma go.
Galaxy
Red Bulls
dont know what other team to watch.

USMNT + mourinho ?
Mourinho's children have attended the American Schools in London, Milan and Madrid. He expects they will go to college in the U.S. And therein lies an opportunity for soccer in America. "We want to be close to our kids the maximum we can," he says. "So in a few years when they go in that direction, me and my wife are going to go in the same direction. I see myself coaching a [club] team, coaching the national team or helping develop soccer in the U.S. When I'm tired of winning things in Europe, it's something I want to do. I want to coach the Portuguese national team, and I want to work in the United States."

Do the math. Matilde will be college age in four years, José Jr. in eight. The timing would set up well for Mourinho to take over the U.S. soon after, say, World Cup 2018. He already brings his teams to Los Angeles for preseason training every year. "I love it," Mourinho says of America. "The people have a very open mentality. Everybody is the same. Status doesn't count a lot. I like it very much in this way."

Back
Top Bottom