The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

^^^^^^ @ the Jada :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyone can be an Portuguese honoree, just root for us in the world cup :smile:

sfc415 sfc415 I know what you mean by white-washed but thats too be expected. The Portuguese immigrants who went to the Wes Coast & Hawaii went there a couple of generations back. Just like the Italians who went to Ellis Island, the culture has become "Americanized". Alot of the Portuguese population on the east coast from Jersey to Massachusetts & Canada are relatively new. They go back to 70's & 80's, which isn't too long ago culturally wise. But I guarantee my grandchildren won't know much about Portugal or speak Portuguese. That's just what happens in this country, to all ethnic groups throughout time. It's hard to keep in pure - I'll try my best.

southboston78 southboston78 Thats foul man, calling Azoreans fat & ugly. I didn't grow up with many Azoreans, I know they're a bunch in Mass tho. They're prideful of the island, can't hold that against them.

Last edited:

:wow: :wow:

DId no one else see this???

it made me tear up for some reason :lol: .. what the **** ..

Last edited:
JADA
" The return "

COMING THIS 14/15 SEASON

Rater R for keeping it too real.

My Body is ready!
article-2560650-1B96461E00000578-550_634x596.jpg

screen-shot-2012-11-25-at-7-54-49-am.png

Need some help.. Finally got my employees to buy into the world cup so i want to order a huge bracket for our clinic.. anyone have any suggestions? Just something to help us keep track of the games/groups.. we are gonna do our own brackets via ESPN or yahoo. thanks

JADA
" The return "

COMING THIS 14/15 SEASON

Rated R for keeping it too real.

:lol: son is going to return more sour than ever before.

Especially if Everton do one over Arsenal...

I actually looked foward to him coming back. This thread is my fav on NT for a few reasons but he always brought endless lulz and arguments. This year has been smooth sailing/low bickering for the most part. Specially compared to 99.99% sports or team threads in ST

Last edited:
^^^^^^ @ the Jada
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Anyone can be an Portuguese honoree, just root for us in the world cup
smile.gif

@SFC415 I know what you mean by white-washed but thats too be expected. The Portuguese immigrants who went to the Wes Coast & Hawaii went there a couple of generations back. Just like the Italians who went to Ellis Island, the culture has become "Americanized". Alot of the Portuguese population on the east coast from Jersey to Massachusetts & Canada are relatively new. They go back to 70's & 80's, which isn't too long ago culturally wise. But I guarantee my grandchildren won't know much about Portugal or speak Portuguese. That's just what happens in this country, to all ethnic groups throughout time. It's hard to keep in pure - I'll try my best.

@southboston78 Thats foul man, calling Azoreans fat & ugly. I didn't grow up with many Azoreans, I know they're a bunch in Mass tho. They're prideful of the island, can't hold that against them.
Yes I can be an honoree then
laugh.gif

JADA
" The return "

COMING THIS 14/15 SEASON

Rated R for keeping it too real.

:lol: son is going to return more sour than ever before.

Especially if Everton do one over Arsenal...

I actually looked foward to him coming back. This thread is my fav on NT for a few reasons but he always brought endless lulz and arguments. This year has been smooth sailing/low bickering for the most part. Specially compared to 99.99% sports or team threads in ST

Oh best believe, I'm looking forward to his return...especially so I can hear his LULZ-filled opinion of "an Overrated Player"...

gareth-bale-o.gif

United brethren....

Take from this what you will....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ted-says-borussia-dortmund-coach-jurgen-klopp

Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp says he has not been approached by Manchester United to fill the managerial vacancy at Old Trafford following David Moyes' sacking earlier this week.

Moyes was sacked by United on Tuesday with the Premier League champions languishing in seventh in the table, 23 points behind leaders Liverpool with just four games remaining.

Klopp had been among the favourites to replace Moyes, but speaking to journalists in Dortmund, he said he had not received an offer from United so there was nothing for him to even think about.

He said: "I really do think that Manchester United is a great club, but it is also the case that as long as things continue to go as they are here, then I have a clear agreement with Borussia Dortmund.

"Therefore it cannot have anything to do with the greatness of a team, even if there were to be an offer. And to react to this is a bit uncomfortable when there has not been an offer, so to reject it before an offer comes is personally embarrassing for me."

Klopp has guided Dortmund to Bundesliga title glory twice, in addition to the Champions League final last season, during his six-year tenure as manager.

The 46-year-old insisted he remains as happy and committed as ever in his current role as the club's head coach.

He said: "I think Man U is great, but I am still really happy here because there are around 1,000 reasons why I really like working at this club.

"The only condition which must be filled, and it is more important than contracts, is that all of those involved have to have the feeling that I am the right coach for this team. As long as that is the case, I don't have to think about anything."

It's certainly not the same adamant dismissive tone that he had before. Looks like he's happy where he is, but he's never really been approached so there's nothing to talk about. I've seen some comments suggesting that, it looks like the only way Klopp would be able to leave is if BVB's board says it's okay for him to talk and look at other options. With what he's done, I highly doubt that will happen though.

Looks like LVG is our man for the job. I think he's a good stop gap to birth the new United, which someone else like a Klopp or Guardiola (remember he said he only stays at clubs for a few years- so he will move from Bayern at some point) will be able to come and take over in a few years.

^^^^^^ @ the Jada :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyone can be an Portuguese honoree, just root for us in the world cup :smile:

sfc415 sfc415 I know what you mean by white-washed but thats too be expected. The Portuguese immigrants who went to the Wes Coast & Hawaii went there a couple of generations back. Just like the Italians who went to Ellis Island, the culture has become "Americanized". Alot of the Portuguese population on the east coast from Jersey to Massachusetts & Canada are relatively new. They go back to 70's & 80's, which isn't too long ago culturally wise. But I guarantee my grandchildren won't know much about Portugal or speak Portuguese. That's just what happens in this country, to all ethnic groups throughout time. It's hard to keep in pure - I'll try my best.

southboston78 southboston78 Thats foul man, calling Azoreans fat & ugly. I didn't grow up with many Azoreans, I know they're a bunch in Mass tho. They're prideful of the island, can't hold that against them.

I don't even care about "pure" in the sense that they should have a ton of knowledge of the culture. Just saying at least have SOME identity. Hell even I don't know much, my dad was a kid when he left Lisbon and grew up all over the world until he went to college here. I speak Spanish much better than I speak Portuguese :lol: But I still try to improve my language skills, learn a little about the history, etc when I can

Nothing against Azores from my end. It's a beautiful place. I don't really make any distinction between mainlanders and islanders. The few Portuguese people here that rep their heritage just rep Portugal regardless of whether they're from Lisbon, Madeira, Azores, etc

Last edited:
I don't even care about "pure" in the sense that they should have a ton of knowledge of the culture. Just saying at least have SOME identity. Hell even I don't know much, my dad was a kid when he left Lisbon and grew up all over the world until he went to college here. I speak Spanish much better than I speak Portuguese :lol: But I still try to improve my language skills, learn a little about the history, etc when I can

Nothing against Azores from my end. It's a beautiful place. I don't really make any distinction between mainlanders and islanders. The few Portuguese people here that rep their heritage just rep Portugal regardless of whether they're from Lisbon, Madeira, Azores, etc

I was kidding about the Coriscos I mean Azoreans. Good people no doubt. Anyhow, moving along let's hope for a good World Cup. What would make it a success? The Quartersfinals, semis?? Or just even making out of the group?

@SkySportsNews

Giggs says he wants to bring back the Man Utd philosophy about how to play - we'll have more reaction to his first news conference on #SSN
Which implies that he didn't feel that Moyes brought that style of play to the club... which could possibly also mean that he didn't get along with Moyes' football-philosophy... 
nerd.gif

Also...

Last edited:
Anims Tito!!!

:smh: so sad man.. i was actually wondering about him for the united job but couldnt find an update on his health..

This is very sad. Hope he makes out ok.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/105627/tito-vilanova-reportedly-rushed-to-the-emergency-room/

[COLOR=#red]UPDATE: Tito Vilanova reportedly rushed to the emergency room[/COLOR]

According to Barcelona-based journalist, Miguel Lois Vidal, Vilanova was admitted to the Hospital Quirón’s emergency room, but no other details are known at this time.

Vilanova was forced to step down from his managerial position last summer as he focused on his cancer treatment, which kept him in New York for the second half of the 2012-13 season.

Vilanova has been valiantly fighting cancer throughout the year, and while it has yet to be confirmed, it is believed that his admittance to the hospital is related to cancer.

UPDATE: Tito was operated on last Friday for a gastrointestinal issue with the latest reports suggesting he is in critical condition.

Damn, just opened my personal email & there are 3 club (travel) teams that want my son to try out for their teams. All of them said they watched how well he's play against them & looked to find my contact info to get him to try out... :smokin :D

Last edited:
Which implies that he didn't feel that Moyes brought that style of play to the club... which could possibly also mean that he didn't get along with Moyes' football-philosophy... :nerd:  

Also...

watched the whole presser.. thought giggsy deff was speaking in subliminals.. really hope he can come back one day as a perm manager.. wouldnt mind seeing LVG -> PEP -> Giggs for long term

Wow! The new Nike commercial is sick! Definitely got me pumped for the WC. I wanna leave work and go play lol. Definitely brought the laughs as well. Kobe's cameo was cool. So was Silva & the Hulk :lol: Kudos to Nike

The New Mercurial Flyknits :pimp: :pimp:

[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]World Cup teams have some strange demands[/h2]
By Ryan Rosenblatt   @RyanRosenblatt  on Apr 24 2014, 2:44p 14

188116401.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Mike Hewitt

×[h3]DON'T MISS THE NEXT AMAZING SPORTS MOMENT[/h3]
FOLLOW SBNATION.COM ON TWITTER

LIKE SBNATION.COM FACEBOOK

You can't expect France to win a World Cup with bar soap.

  TWEET  (178)  SHARE  (25889)    SHARE  14  COMMENTS

The World Cup  is a really big deal and really big deals come with really big demands. And by big we mean weird.

France, for example, require that the soap in all rooms be liquid soap, not bar soap. Because France. And Portugal  need six bodyguards, but four of them are just for Cristiano Ronaldo.

See, the World Cup really is a celebration of sport, humanity and equality.

But they are hardly the only countries with demands. Here are more, courtesy of Brazilian newspaper Lance:

Algeria:  All rooms for players and team officials need to have a Koran.

Australia:  There must be a coffee station for players, and that station should be stocked with newspapers from around the world.

Chile:  Every room must have a new bed and new TV's.

Colombia:  Sao Paulo FC must provide Colombia with 15 players from their youth team for the Cafeteros to practice against.

Ecuador:  Every day there must be a basket of bananas in every room and the bananas have to be from Ecuador.

France:  Bar soap has to be swapped out for liquid soap because France doesn't have bar soap so players might have trouble. The hotel must also have kosher meat because many players are Muslim, which requires all meat be from animals which have not suffered.

Honduras:  Six Spanish TV stations to be added to their TV guides, including two Honduran channels.

Japan:  Every room must have a jacuzzi tub.

Portugal:  Six bodyguards have to be available to the team at all times, four of which are just for Ronaldo.

Switzerland:  A beach studio must be built for the team to conduct TV interviews from. Every room must also have two Swiss TV channels added.

Uruguay:  All rooms must have a completely silent air conditioner.

And the most popular request: video games.

France, Ecuador and Costa Rica  all require the construction of a video game room, while Portugal demand that every room have video games in them.

Requests for prostitutes are probably made in a more discreet fashion.

I remember Kobe mentioning soccer boots were his inspiration to move to the low cut on the KB4's

Back
Top Bottom