The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

who else watching this Juve game?
brah, juve is such a bizarre team to me.

They constantly qualify for the Champions League, but yet drop out to play europa.

Do they not have the skills to compete in the champions league or what?

Anyways, Benfica is such a good team.

Too bad Lima isn't on the pitch, haven't seen the line up so idk if he's on the bench.

Cardozo is playing tho :smokin

I thought Juve were out of CL, because they got kicked out cause of that scandal they had.

brah, juve is such a bizarre team to me.

They constantly qualify for the Champions League, but yet drop out to play europa.

Do they not have the skills to compete in the champions league or what?

Anyways, Benfica is such a good team.

Too bad Lima isn't on the pitch, haven't seen the line up so idk if he's on the bench.

Cardozo is playing tho :smokin

u asked for him, 2-1.

Sooooo, Lima should get called up for the Brazilian WC team b, what a striker :pimp:

oh wait

he wants to play for portugal....

can he be considered a traitor?

hmmm
*scratches chin*

I plan to be at the bar as much as possible during the WC so I doubt I'd be posting much anyway...but I'm hiding out here or in the USMNT thread.

Didn't know that. :nerd:

I'll wait till next season to start up a football thread then. Took some notes on @Prophecy515 how to run a thread in the Knicks one and I like it :smokin Shouts to him
Anything associated with the knicks is an automatic fail. :lol:

Very serious

Last edited:
Vinho Verde, Super Bock, e Putas :lol:

Love the idea, but if there isn't a Arsenal, Man United, or Chelsea thread (they have the biggest fan base on NT) a Portuguese national team thread wouldn't work. It'd be 5-6 of us of us circle jerking in the thread with a random Nelson C sighting every 4 months. :lol:

Not enough demand.

Def plan on making a World Cup thread tho, and new Soccer thread next season with weekly polls and what not. This and the Knicks thread is the only thing I read/write in, it's the only thing keeping me coming back to NT. So we gotta make it right.

It would be 3-4 Portuguese dudes, Champ, and RoOK, the two honorary Portuguese :lol:

I mentioned it before here, but man, these west coast Portuguese are so damn white washed :smh: (you know what I mean). I don't think they even know where Portugal is on a map let alone about the NT. Only time they claim Portugal is when the girls talk about how they want to @#$% Ronaldo and have a better chance because of their shared heritage, even though they're fat/ugly as @#$%. My friend is the only other Portugal fan I know, and both of us are half

Last edited:

:lol: :lol:

As for the Arsenal-LvG bit, a lot of bloggers have talked about that before. Like the article, they mention Jonker and his people joining the club. But with LvG it is always going to be short term regardless of what club he goes to. But idk, I can see it happening but I think he will most likely end up at United

Last edited:
It would be 3-4 Portuguese dudes, Champ, and RoOK, the two honorary Portuguese :lol:

I mentioned it before here, but man, these west coast Portuguese are so damn white washed :smh: (you know what I mean). I don't think they even know where Portugal is on a map let alone about the NT. Only time they claim Portugal is when the girls talk about how they want to @#$% Ronaldo and have a better chance because of their shared heritage, even though they're fat/ugly as @#$%. My friend is the only other Portugal fan I know, and both of us are half

If the Chics are fat and ugly they must be from the Azores no offense but those girls are awful. I'm full blooded but my family is from the mainland and the people in Massachusets hate that bc there is this Azores vs Portugal mainland rivalry and there shouldn't be one at all

Vinho Verde, Super Bock, e Putas :lol:

Love the idea, but if there isn't a Arsenal, Man United, or Chelsea thread (they have the biggest fan base on NT) a Portuguese national team thread wouldn't work. It'd be 5-6 of us of us circle jerking in the thread with a random Nelson C sighting every 4 months. :lol:

Not enough demand.

Def plan on making a World Cup thread tho, and new Soccer thread next season with weekly polls and what not. This and the Knicks thread is the only thing I read/write in, it's the only thing keeping me coming back to NT. So we gotta make it right.

All of this. All my friends root for brazil or France. Females root for Brazil but like RM because of Cristiano lmao

RIP to any hope anyone had of FFP being anything other than a total joke.

No clubs will be kicked out of European competition next season for breaking financial fair play rules, Uefa president Michel Platini said in an interview on Thursday.

Uefa's financial fair play (FFP) policy, designed to stop clubs spending more than they earn, comes into effect next season with a maximum penalty of exclusion from European competition for those failing to comply.

"In effect, the first decisions will be announced at the start of May," Platini told Le Parisien newspaper in an interview published on its website.

"But if you are expecting blood and tears and you will be disappointed. There will be some tough things but no exclusions from European competition.

"I think that significant sanctions will affect the big clubs. We will go through with this."

Manchester City and Paris St Germain are understood to be among around 20 clubs dealt with by Uefa's Club Financial Control Board (CFCB) earlier this month, with those facing action to be announced on 5 May.

Qatar-owned PSG are the club under most scrutiny after they wiped out their losses with a huge and back-dated sponsorship deal with the Qatar Tourist Authority.

Platini said he was unsure if that "innovative" sponsorship deal played by the rules.

He added: "I will say simply that Paris St Germain's financial model is distinctive and atypical. That image contract with the QTA, the tourism office of Qatar, is innovative, that's all I can say.

"But is it viable? Is the value of the contract correct? These are questions that the experts must decide."

Manchester City, who have lost £149million in the past two seasons, are also at risk but have been working with UEFA to try to comply with the FFP rules.

The CFCB panel will have four options open to them - to dismiss the case; to agree a settlement with the club effectively putting them on probation; to issue a reprimand and fine of up to 100,000 euros; or in serious cases to refer the club to the adjudicatory chamber.

That second disciplinary panel can issue a number of sanctions, from a warning to points deductions, a salary cap for the European squad, withholding revenues or exclusion from European competition.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/24/michel-platini-uefa-champions-league-ffp

PSG and their retroactive 200m Euro per year shirt sponsor was a big "**** you!" to UEFA and like we all expected they aren't going to do **** about them (or anyone)

Total joke of an organization.

I mean how the **** is one of the options to punish a club for spending too much money a fine....a 100,000 freaking euro fine. For real!?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom