The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

spent a good 5 minutes going through the Eva links ignoring the game
laugh.gif

Welp, I guess we should be satisfied with the draw. Home leg on its way. Stamford Bridge will be rocking.

unimpressive, Jose could've done more despite the pre-game injuries but really I could tell Jose really gave up after Cech was gone.

ya Jose wanted the away draw and move on.

tomorrows game should be the exact opposite

Last edited:

unimpressive, Jose could've done more despite the pre-game injuries but really I could tell Jose really gave up after Cech was gone.
Yup definitely agree. Immediately resorted to this:

Can't blame him though, when his true keeper was on the other side wearing a Atl Madrid jersey.

Fox Sports post game just reported Čech out with the dislocated shoulder. Will not be available for the showdown at Anfield this weekend. faaaaaahhhhhh 
mean.gif

Well, Mourinho got the bus set up correctly 
laugh.gif
. This could be a really bad thing if Athletico get an away goal at the bridge next week. But considering the suspensions and injuries, 0-0 is not a bad result

Have you seen Barca play the past few weeks? Boring isn't the word, more like pitiful. Atletico whooped those Catalans up and down the pitch.

As for this game, nothing surprising. Chelsea played their gameplan and it worked.

really thought chelsea wasn't gonna be able to keep madrid from scoring at home..

Have you seen Barca play the past few weeks? Boring isn't the word, more like pitiful. Atletico whooped those Catalans up and down the pitch.

As for this game, nothing surprising. Chelsea played their gameplan and it worked.

How is 80% possesion while the other team sits backs and counters Barca's fault? Im not even gonna debate this. Your a Real Madrid homer and Im a Barca homer so its no use. Winning is the only thing that matters so I guess it worked for the "exciting teams".

As much as people got on their knees for those old Barca teams, I'd get bored watching them too. A lot of their possession was pointless and a product of safe passing. It was basically playing a game of keep away, the opponent would get frustrated and press, then when they were opened up Barca would take advantage.

Teams now what to expect now and are content with letting them have meaningless possession.

ie Real Madrid beating them in the Copa Del Rey.

Last edited:
As much as people got on their knees for those old Barca teams, I'd get bored watching them too. A lot of their possession was pointless and a product of safe passing. It was basically playing a game of keep away, the opponent would get frustrated and press, then when they were opened up Barca would take advantage.

Teams now what to expect now and are content with letting them have meaningless possession.

ie Real Madrid beating them in the Copa Del Rey.

Barca just beat them three weeks ago so now all of a sudden the code has been cracked?

Its not meaningless if you have guys that can header and shoot from outside the box. Munich does this Barca does not. Barca needs some pieces. Posession is never meaningless

Last edited:
Never said the code was cracked, just that teams are mentally prepared for what to expect now. And possession is relatively meaningless when your primary attackers and threats aren't the ones getting on the ball. It's not the be end all stat that makes a team good, fun to watch, or dominant.

Last edited:
I can understand if people don't like watching tiki taka football. I find the complaints come from mostly younger footy fans though or old English stalwarts that hate any footy outside the UK.

There have been so many great iterations of tiki taka. The best variations of this in this modern time period has been Aragones & del Bosque's Spanish teams, Pep's Barca teams, & I'd even throw in van Gaal's Bayern team (when he first got there).

The skill & discipline needed to make this work is crazy to think about. If you can't see the beauty of this, then I guess we'll all agree to disagree.

Look at the build up to the goal. Spain has Venezuela looking like a dog chasing it's tail.

One of my favorite examples of winning the ball & keeping it. Look how silly RM looks trying to gain back possession. :lol: :rofl:

If you don't like it, you don't like but I think people are crazy when they say it's boring to watch.

I'm not a Jose hater, but ever since his spells at RM & now back at Chelsea, his sides have been god awful to watch. This game was more the by product of Chelsea & less of Atleti. Atleti has been fun to watch this year more so than last year.

Watching Jose's teams for me is like watching a little old lady whose never driven a stick & given a Lambo to drive. Its like watching the old lady constantly grinding the gears & stalling out.

If you want to talk ugly football, his sides have been terrible to watch a lot of times. That's my opinion though. :roll eyes :D

Back
Top Bottom