The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Lamela to spurs official :pimp:.

Being 3-4 years younger, he definitely has the potential to be our next Bale. Although, once he reaches that stage.. we'll probably sell him to Madrid :lol: :smh:

If true, I can't wait to see wat Eto'o can do in the Prem at his age...

For those interested, today's Supercopa (Barca vs Atletico Madrid) is online via ESPN3 & ESPN Deportes (U.S.) at 5PM ET.

(Sky Sports 4 in the U.K. & GolTV in Canada)

Last edited:
Hey Lyon.... if you guys don't make it through the CL preliminary round tonight, what's the chance you guys sell Gonalons?

Not sure, but OL has made a lot more money this window selling players than they've spent on reinforcements...I'm thinking/hoping he stays, he has the same agent as Grenier and he came out and said they both would like to stay even if we don't make CL (which is kind of a long shot now smh) but we need to do their best to stay in contention for a top 3 place in the league this yr with Monaco and P$G trying to price everyone else out...unless they get blown away I doubt he leaves this yr.

If true, I can't wait to see wat Eto'o can do in the Prem at his age...
Me too. Although his game relies very much on his speed and I'm sure he's not as quick as he used to be, I still think he's a good veteran piece to have up front. He's still a world class finisher. I'm excited for this. Finally a Chelsea signing that addresses a need. Let's hope we can scoop up a centreback while we're at it.

He's not going to be on the 1st team. He'd be with the reserves or most likely be sent out on loan

Maybe Barca? Seems like Bendtner, no one wants him. The problem with Bedtner is he has too much confidence but not much skill, the opposite of Torres who has the skill but the lack of confidence. Guy needs to go back to Spain to gain it back, if Atletico didn't get Villa, it would have been a perfect spot for him to go.

Once/if bale leaves, Hazard will be the best winger in the EPL bar none.

Speaking of bale, rumor was levy was annoyed at the stand beginning built before it was final so that's why he is dragging his heels with the deal.

Me too. Although his game relies very much on his speed and I'm sure he's not as quick as he used to be, I still think he's a good veteran piece to have up front. He's still a world class finisher. I'm excited for this. Finally a Chelsea signing that addresses a need. Let's hope we can scoop up a centreback while we're at it.
Get him anywhere in and around the 18. That is all the needs. 
Maybe Barca? Seems like Bendtner, no one wants him. The problem with Bedtner is he has too much confidence but not much skill, the opposite of Torres who has the skill but the lack of confidence. Guy needs to go back to Spain to gain it back, if Atletico didn't get Villa, it would have been a perfect spot for him to go.
Torres is not coming to Barca. He would be third off the bench if he did. Plus, Martino said they aren't signing anyone else this transfer window (which i hope isn't true.)

View media item 557241If Eto'o signing goes through and everybody is healthy, this is what the starting XI should look like. :pimp:

EDIT: Forgot to put Cech at keeper.

Willian will start at wing before Mata starts in that position.

The question is whether Mata or Oscar will start more often at CAM because they no way they should play defensive midfield.

Good move for Chelsea tho, not surprised one bit that Eto'o is on his way. He's a great finisher. Ba is most likely gone, although I'd rather see Torres go away.

Back
Top Bottom