The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Monday Night Football....

Preview of United vs Chelsea...

Some analysis of United and Chelsea...Cardiff v Citeh

These are awesome :smokin but that Scouse accent is hard to adjust to :lol: sometimes I struggle understanding Carragher....Rooney too and they're speaking english :lol:

Kah was DIRTY as all hell in that game with Seattle on Sunday 
laugh.gif
Kah's our worst defender idk what he's talkin about

Good work from the Gunners, especially Ramsey. Big game this weekend!
Juan Mata's dad was present at the Emirates tonight *speculates*
Roma signed Ljajic for €10m on only 25k a week

LOL @ Kah. During the game he was giving it to Dempsey then all of a sudden gets hot headed. Son needs to chill out, if he was so good he'd be in Europe himself too. Cost us that game with a bone head move :smh:

Robert Pirès scores goal, adds assist in Greek friendly (video) http://wp.me/p2g4vo-YJL
@FFArsenal Arsenal target Mesut Ozil moved closer to the Real Madrid exit after a strop on Monday night (Mirror)
[OFFICIAL] Kondogbia no longer a Sevilla FC player, Monaco will pay the 20M€ buy-out clause (in Spanish) http://bit.ly/150s3iT
AS Monaco are chasing Anzhi's Lacina Traore and could start the bidding at €18 million (via Izvestia) @TNC_Ligue1
@NBCSportsSoccer About that “done deal” on D.C. United’s new stadium … http://wp.me/p2g4vo-YHA

Timbers couldn't solve for Rosales the moment he stepped onto the pitch. He was the most dynamic player on either team. Although Nagbe tried hard for the Timbers side.

Magic numbers: How Uefa's seeding system helps Arsenal & hinders Celtic
-It's long so I'm just gonna post the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23680545

Seeding pots for Champions League group stage
1:
Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Arsenal, FC Porto, Benfica
2:
Atletico Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Marseille, CSKA Moscow, Paris St-Germain, Schalke
2/3:
Juventus and Manchester City
3:
Borussia Dortmund, Olympiakos, Galatasaray, FC Basel and Ajax
3/4:
Bayer Leverkusen, Copenhagen, Anderlecht
4:
Anderlecht, Austria Vienna, Napoli and Steaua Bucharest
Pots will be confirmed when final five teams come through play-off round on Wednesday night.

Possible best/worst case group stage scenario
Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal:
Best case: Marseille, FC Copenhagen, Austria Vienna
Worst case: Paris St-Germain, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli
Man City:
Best case: Benfica, Marseille and Austria Vienna
Worst case: Bayern Munich, PSG and Napoli
Celtic:
Best case: Benfica, Marseille, FC Copenhagen
Worst case: Barcelona, PSG and Borussia Dortmund

@AFCAcademy Apparently Arsenal are in for England U21’s and Derby’s Will Hughes for £15m. Great British talent. LFC and NUFC also interested.
- Hughes is 18, mainly plays CM but is competent playing on the left and right. He is left footed, and 6” tall.
- Hughes has had experience playing in the FA Cup, Championship, England U17s and U21.
- Why you so shocked about his price tag? He’s English, young, plays at international level, and signed a new contract last Summer until 2016.

Ibis, man how can ou even tr to defend that flop. I'm a Chelsea supporter through n through n clearl know that was a bad flop from Cole

I'm not defending him, it was a terrible flop.

Was just pointing out that the angle of the gif makes it look worse than it really was. Because there actually was contact, and Ash tried to run through and keep possession but decided to flop once he realized he wasn't going to catch up to the ball. :smh:

SMH @ that play from Cole. He tried to argue a penalty for the slide he took. Made the Barca flops/acting jobs look like hardcore legit hits....
eyes.gif
mean.gif
He should be ashamed for taking a dive like that.
Has FIFA ever taken any steps to discourage diving/flopping??? I know this **** has gone on for decades but still..... the fact that its leaked into basketball sucks 
laugh.gif
my best guess to counter flopping would have to be replay right then and there and we all know how replays are taken in FIFA...

I retract my statrments abouy Ramsey not deserving to be in the starting xi, he has shown improvement and has been putting in work.

-Arsenal will have to shell out £172million to prise Paul Pogba away from Juventus, according to the player’s agent.
Now Pogba’s notorious agent, Mino Raiola, has slapped a whopping €200m valuation on the former Manchester United man in the wake of Gareth Bale’s impending €100m move to Real Madrid.
‘How much is Paul worth? Without a doubt: twice as much as Bale,’ said Raiola.
‘The price for Paul Pogba was made by the Real president Florentino Perez, when he decided to buy Bale for €100m.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-Manchester United are believed to have had a £20m bid for Marouane Fellaini accepted by Everton, according to reports.
The deal is currently unconfirmed by either club, but is thought to be worth an initial fee of £20m, which will rise to £24m.

-Arsenal target Di Maria determined to stay at Madrid
Arsenal’s chances of landing Real Madrid winger Angel Di Maria appear to be fading with the Argentinian reiterating his desire to remain at the Bernabeu.

-Wenger wants special Juan at Arsenal
Arsene Wenger has admitted he’d be keen to bring Juan Mata to Arsenal, but doubts whether Chelsea will allow the midfielder to move across London.

-Sagna: Arsenal don't need any new signings
Gunners defender claims north London club are strong enough to beat anyone, even if they don't improve the squad this summer. :rofl:

-Roma are considering a move for Fiorentina's Serbian striker Adem Ljajic, 21, to replace Erik Lamela, 21, who is expected to move to Tottenham.

-Meanwhile, City will turn to Valencia's Adil Ramil, 27, to solve their defensive problems if they are priced out of a move for Demichelis.

I expect a massive shuffle over the weekend...

All Aw said was that he likes Mata. I mean who doesn't :smh:
Sagna needs a new deal, a better one
Looks like Flamini will be an Arsenal player again

Hey Lyon.... if you guys don't make it through the CL preliminary round tonight, what's the chance you guys sell Gonalons?

His dad was also an invited guest at the emirates last night

Mata?

If so, I think Moyes and Glazers would break the bank to get him over Arsenal

Yes Mata's father along with his agent attended the CL match against Fenerbache at the Emirates. Although Mourinho has publicly stated Mata is not for sale, there are rumblings that Mata now wants out given his status on the team has diminished.

It's being stated Mata prefers to stay in London so it might be down to Tottenham & Arsenal. I think Wenger is to inept at this point to land a big transfer like this. I hope he proves me wrong.

RT @SkySportsNews: Sky sources: Chelsea in advanced talks to sign Porto winger Christian Atsu - more on #SSN

RT @SkySportsNews: AVB: Bale's transfer to Read Madrid "could happen very, very soon" - more on #SSN

RT @SkySportsNews: Sky sources: Chelsea in advanced talks to sign Porto winger Christian Atsu - more on #SSN
Great just what we need. Another winger! But it makes you think if Mata is really gone.
And does anyone want Torres. Anyone?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom