The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Terry and Cahill been solid throughout the season. Unfortunately theyre not playing in form today.

Last edited:
Chicha's reaction after the goal (or lack of) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Manchester+United+v+Aston+Villa+Premier+League+U3KGhTZL3yQx.jpg

Tottenham: Louis van Gaal has met with Daniel Levy - Ruud Gullit

Ruud Gullit says Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has met with Louis van Gaal and claims it is a "done deal" that the Dutchman will take over as Spurs boss.
Van Gaal, 62, will be replaced by Guus Hiddink as coach of the Netherlands after this summer's World Cup.
Spurs named Tim Sherwood, 45, as head coach on an 18-month deal in December.
Ex-Chelsea boss Gullit told BBC Radio 5 live: "I know for sure he was at Van Gaal's house, the chairman. I think it's a done deal, but you never know."
Spurs managers in last 10 years
2012-2013: Andre Villas-Boas

2008-2012: Harry Redknapp

2007-2008: Juande Ramos

2004-2007: Martin Jol

June 2004-Nov 2004: Jacques Santini

Van Gaal, who has previously managed Ajax, Barcelona, AZ Alkmaar and Bayern Munich, said recently: "I've always said that I want to work in the Premier League, so there's a chance."
One proviso Van Gaal had made previously was that he was not prepared to combine two roles, but the end of his second spell as Netherlands coach this summer would allow him to pursue other jobs.
However, a Spurs source questioned the timing of a rumoured meeting between Levy and Van Gaal, intimating any such conversations might have been before Sherwood's appointment, adding: "We don't comment on speculation."
In his first managerial role, former Spurs midfielder Sherwood has presided over 10 wins, eight defeats and three draws in his 21 games in charge since taking over from Andre Villas-Boas in December, initially as interim boss.
But he accepts that with only a short-term contract, speculation will continue about his future.
He told the Independent: "Daniel wants the club to do well. He cares for the club. And I believe he wants me to do well. I would like [the contract] to be 10 years but I am realistic enough to know this is a dress rehearsal. I am untried.
"What I would say is there is no guarantee [about the alternatives]. Someone could win 19 trophies elsewhere and they might not fit at Tottenham. The club has to fit the manager and you don't know until you bring them in. But they have a better idea with me than anyone else."
Following the world record £85.3m sale of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid last August, Spurs spent £107m on seven new overseas players, recruitment overseen by technical director Franco Baldini, the former England assistant manager.
"They are all internationals, but it is like fixing a washing machine with someone's tool bag," Sherwood added. "Sometimes you might not have the right bit."

Formula to beat Chelsea is so simple.

We're a counter-attacking team, all you gotta do is park the bus and play sound defense and we will never score. Compound that with the fact that we have no striker and we have zero ability to break a good defensive team down.

We beat good teams because they play right into our hands by attacking us and letting us counter. Then we play weaker sides like Villa and Palace who sit deep and we look like garbage :smh:

If PSG is smart they will park the bus against us.

Last edited:
We were out of it when we lost to Villa.

Pool will be out of it when we beat them. It's pretty much City's title unless they pull an epic collapse.

Arsene Wenger leaves door open to exit
March 29, 2014
RECOMMEND178TWEET85EMAILPRINT
By ESPN staff
ESPN FC: The end near for Wenger?
FC's Paul Mariner gives his take on how much longer Arsene Wenger has with the Gunners and how much of a difference an FA Cup victory would have.
Tags: Arsene Wenger, Arsenal, Premier League
NEXT VIDEO video

ESPN FC: The end near for Wenger?
Wenger rejects Paul Scholes criticism
Pellegrini: Arsenal still in title race
Arsene Wenger has stressed he remains committed to Arsenal but hinted he could yet walk away if he is unhappy with results in the run-in.

• Delaney: Time for a change?
• 50-50 Challenge: Arsenal vs. City
• Mangan: Vermaelen must step up

Wenger, who first took charge of Arsenal in 1996 and recently completed his 1,000th game in charge, had signalled that he would extend his reign after a season in which his team had appeared to be back challenging for the Premier League title.

The club’s chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, had also told the media in January: “Arsene will be extending with us, and at the right time we will make that announcement.”

However, Wenger has found himself under renewed pressure after a 6-0 defeat to Chelsea and 2-2 draw with Swansea City left the Gunners in fourth place, six points from the summit and now faced with concerns over their Champions League qualification chances.

The 64-year-old maintains that he intends to stay on at the Emirates Stadium, telling his news conference on Friday: “My commitment is not questionable. I have given my word and I always respect my word.”

However, when asked whether that meant he would definitely be in charge next season, he replied: “Yes, unless I decide otherwise. I have told you many times we have had no time to sit down and do it, but I want to have a feeling coming out of the season that I have done the maximum for the club. Let’s see when the season is over.”

The Times has reported that, while Wenger is set to remain at the club for the next two years, Arsenal are beginning to plan for life beyond his reign and are considering the likes of Borussia Dortmund coach Juergen Klopp, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and Everton’s Roberto Martinez.

Wenger told the media that he would play no part in the selection of his replacement.

“I always said, and you can check that, everybody has his own job,” he said. “My job is to do well for the team, not to do anything else.”

Asked specifically if he would choose his successor, Wenger said: “No.”

Back
Top Bottom