The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Even as a Madrid fan I can't front, Puyol was one of my favorite players. I have just one thing to add that you guys haven't said...

That hair!! Dude had the locks of rock n roll folklore.

My brother and I have like a "man-cave" type set up that we have friends come chill at and one of the posters up is a big Puyol one. We've made up so many different stories about his background and no matter how epic people believe it. I told a friend that as a child he was taken as a prisoner of war and escaped
roll.gif
no questions were asked.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 that was good!

He along with Eto'o, Ronnie are Barcelona players I didn't hate while they played in Blaugrana. The difference is I liked both Sam and Ronnie before they got there. Became a fan of Eto'o since the African Nations Cup in 2000 even through the fact that at Mallorca he would usually embarrass us. He always played with extra sting against Madrid but that's on us. Ronnie came to PSG and put in work against Marseille regularly.
I assume Xavi gets the armband now. Who's next in line after him Messi or Iniesta?

He along with Eto'o, Ronnie are Barcelona players I didn't hate while they played in Blaugrana. The difference is I liked both Sam and Ronnie before they got there. Became a fan of Eto'o since the African Nations Cup in 2000 even through the fact that at Mallorca he would usually embarrass us. He always played with extra sting against Madrid but that's on us. Ronnie came to PSG and put in work against Marseille regularly.
I assume Xavi gets the armband now. Who's next in line after him Messi or Iniesta?

Xavi has been Captain when Puyols hasn't been playing, Valdes is next, & then Iniesta. When Victor leaves Camp Nou at the end of the season, it will be weird not seeing him manning the net. :\

Nice kit top to bottom for Portugal. Wish there was more Green and Gold but it's nice. I like it when they're wine red opposed to bright red.

As for Diego Costa situation in Spain. I seriously doubt he has one friend on the national team.

Costa actually gets along great with most of the national team.. Including Ramos

Go have a look at the Spain nt training photos or the recent interview costa gave about his relationship with the players and Ramos in particular.

Yea, they're bull****ing for us and the media. I'm sure every Spanish Forward (Negredo, Llorente, Torres, etc) don't want this dude there the most.

He just doesn't look right in the Spain jersey either :x

He's so typically Brazilian looking.

Don't like the Portugal kit AT ALL. I hate this gradient stripe crap that Nike's been doing these past few years

2012 Home Kit>>>>>>>>>>>

Simple and classic

Wish they would've brought back something similar to the wine colored shirts from 06 :pimp:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Here are the international friendlies scheduled for later today & where to watch the games here in the states. All times eastern.

South Africa vs Brazil, Noon, beIN SPORTS and DishWorld
Colombia vs Tunisia, 1pm, beIN SPORTS Espanol and DishWorld
Ukraine vs USA, 2pm, ESPN2 and WatchESPN.com
Romania vs Argentina, 2pm, ESPN Deportes and ESPN3.com
Austria vs Uruguay, 2:30pm, beIN SPORTS and DishWorld
Germany vs Chile, 2:45pm, ESPN3.com
Ireland vs Serbia, 2:45pm, GolTV
England vs Denmark, 3pm, FOX Sports 2, FOX Deportes and FOX Soccer 2Go
France vs Netherlands, 3pm, ESPN3.com
Ecuador vs Australia, 3pm, beIN SPORTS Espanol and DishWorld
Portugal vs Cameroon, 3:45pm, ESPN3.com
Spain vs Italy, 4pm, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes and WatchESPN.com