The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I don't doubt that they'll handle it at Stamford Bridge, but it's aggrevating not to finish what they started. To beat a dead horse...if we had a striker, I'm sure we could have gotten more.

A second goal would have left room for error. Now another **** up (like the Terry/Cech error on the corner) could put us in trouble in the 2nd leg.

Omg at the stepover by CR7. Holy ****.

He could have easily had 3-4 more goals too

I don't doubt that they'll handle it at Stamford Bridge, but it's aggrevating not to finish what they started. To beat a dead horse...if we had a striker, I'm sure we could have gotten more.

A second goal would have left room for error. Now another **** up (like the Terry/Cech error on the corner) could put us in trouble in the 2nd leg.
I feel the same way. If Gala score at the Bridge **** could get real ugly real quick. 

Not a good display by the EPL at all this round 
mean.gif

RM is scary good right now
nthat.gif

Glad to have the commander back. He could had a few more today but wow at the step overs.

Bale is a monster! he was wrecking havoc everywhere on the pitch. Good to see him do well and hush some of the critics up.

Benz is just silently killin em since CR7 and Bale get so much attention.

I just saw some of the Galatasaray vs Chelsea off of my DVR as I was watching the Shalke vs RM. Can someone explains why Jose chose to ease off when the Galatasaray back line looked so vulnerable?

It's funny reading the Bale comments since it wasn't too long ago this thread was rather unanimous in saying how over rated he was transfer fee not withstanding.Good to see him doing well. Love seeing good young footballers do well...

I just saw some of the Galatasaray vs Chelsea off of my DVR as I was watching the Shalke vs RM. Can someone explains why Jose chose to ease off when the Galatasaray back line looked so vulnerable?

It's funny reading the Bale comments since it wasn't too long ago this thread was rather unanimous in saying how over rated he was transfer fee not withstanding.Good to see him doing well. Love seeing good young footballers do well...
I still think his transfer fee was too high. I don't doubt his talent though.

I still think his transfer fee was too high. I don't doubt his talent though.

I did months ago but not anymore. He's showing how talented he is and hes tearing it up when healthy.

I did months ago but not anymore. He's showing how talented he is and hes tearing it up when healthy.
Say both Bale and Suarez were put up for sale during the summer and their prices were determined based off their performances last season, who do you think should have cost more ?

Say both Bale and Suarez were put up for sale during the summer and their prices were determined based off their performances last season, who do you think should have cost more ?

Based off last season? Thats tough...I think alot of people overlooked suarez due to his on field antics but I still go with Bale. He simply carried that Spurs team. Look at Spurs now. All that money from the transfer, adding all that talent and they are worse than last years team.

Let me be honest, the fee for bale is still absurd.. But it is what it is. The way he's playing in recent weeks, it's making the fee look a lil more "acceptable"

Based off last season? Thats tough...I think alot of people overlooked suarez due to his on field antics but I still go with Bale. He simply carried that Spurs team. Look at Spurs now. All that money from the transfer, adding all that talent and they are worse than last years team.

Let me be honest, the fee for bale is still absurd.. But it is what it is. The way he's playing in recent weeks, it's making the fee look a lil more "acceptable"
I see what you're saying, but dont forget that Suarez had to carry Liverpool for the first half the season as well. It wasn't until the January transfer window that he received help. I'd choose Suarez. Both Tottenham and Liverpool played poor last season, but imo Bale had more help.

Suarez is 27

Bale is 24

And as stellar as Bale's season in Tottenham was, he was still new to playing up front and was kind of raw with room to grow, has grown, and will continue to do so with the Madrid staff and training and just being around the player whose game he looks to duplicate.

I don't think a single person besides jada or that guy that kept saying bale couldn't dribble, doubted his talent. Regardless madrid broke the transfer record for an unfinished product. We have all seen players at the same point in their careers go either way when it comes to fulfilling it. Also think it was the first time seeing a price tag like that on someone who hadn't really won anything or fully come into their own. It's paying off for madrid but that doesn't always happen. I still maintain saurez would have been a safer/cheaper buy .. Nothing against bale, who I have always rated

Last edited:
I don't think a single person besides jada or that guy that kept saying bale couldn't dribble, doubted his talent. Regardless madrid broke the transfer record for an unfinished product. We have all seen players at the same point in their careers go either way when it comes to fulfilling it. Also think it was the first time seeing a price tag like that on someone who hadn't really won anything or fully come into their own. It's paying off for madrid but that doesn't always happen. I still maintain saurez would have been a safer/cheaper buy .. Nothing against bale, who I have always rated

These days, you don't have to be worried about recouping the cost of a player from their work on the pitch. I'm sure Bale's jersey sales in Madrid after those 2 insane seasons took a major chunk out of his transfer fee. Hell Ronaldo's jersey sales alone probably covered his TF, and some. The business of futbol has changed.

I thought the whole joke was that Ozil was outselling bale kits 5-1 and madrid wasn't moving too many . Would love to see how much profit madrid have made off of the signing

I thought the whole joke was that Ozil was outselling bale kits 5-1 and madrid wasn't moving too many . Would love to see how much profit madrid have made off of the signing

I can believe that because Arsenal fans have been dying for a big money signing for a while and he was seen as their saviour.

Bale was not seen as Madrids saviour.

But I agree, would be interesting to see how much profit they've made...I'll dig around...

That Bale finish still aint making no sense to me.

Huntelaar volley was the thing dreams are made of :x.. Shame he couldn't celebrate it though :smh:

Back
Top Bottom