The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Mancini firing shots at Jose. And it ended predictably with Jose ethering Mancini :lol:

Galatasaray coach Mancini has made it past this last-16 stage only once and never beyond the quarter-finals, which may have been why it so tickled Mourinho to find his predecessor at Inter claiming some of the credit for their Champions League title in 2010.
‘It’s funny, it’s funny,’ s******ed the Chelsea manager. ‘It’s funny because my team in the final had Lucio, Thiago Motta, Diego Milito, Samuel Eto’o, Goran Pandev and Wesley Sneijder.
'From 11 players, he didn’t work with six of them. So he made a five-a-side team because I played with only five players from his team.’
Motta was suspended for the final, but the point hit home as Mourinho responded to remarks made by Mancini in an interview published yesterday.
‘Mourinho won the Champions League because he took a good team,’ said Mancini. ‘He took a team that, like Manchester City, I had built; a team with a very strong mentality. When I went to Inter, they played very bad football and we changed this.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Mourinho-finds-new-target.html#ixzz2uROc1ZCb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited:

The thing is, I've been seeing rumors all over the place about him going, but none from a credible source.

When you really look at it, the problems that United have right now, are not losing to better competition, but just losing dismally, and Moyes doesn't seem to have an answer to any of the questions he's being asked on the pitch. All we ever hear is basically, we need new players, or just need to get a bit of luck.

If he really is sacked, I truly believe he lost the job with the owners in this very moment..

Aside from the tactical errors & the sides he chooses from game to game, Moyes' United side looks woefully ill prepared. The often look lifeless especially defensively. The back 4 has consistently been flat footed all campaign no matter who plays. They concede way too much space allowing the opposition to create. If anyone at is watching any film, it's pretty glaring.

Although Moyes is definitely culpable, the players have a big responsibility in the way the campaign has been going so far.

It would actually be a shame if Moyes got canned this fast. It means United & SAF really didn't look at the situation closely enough before choosing the next manager.

BTW, Klopp was most likely already approached sometime last year about the job. If he didn't take it then & I don't think he will now.

SAF confirmed he "chatted" with Pep early last year. If this indeed took place, he & the United contingent had to have spoken to Klopp too.

Got the 2011 Drogba jersey on today, I'm excited for this game :pimp:

LOL, what if that brings good fortune to Galatasaray?!?!

That Turk Telecom stadium is going to be live today.

Damn, 2 Chelsea fans were stabbed in Istanbul prior to the match... SMH...

Last edited:

Got the 2011 Drogba jersey on today, I'm excited for this game
pimp.gif
LOL, what if that brings good fortune to Galatasaray?!?!

That Turk Telecom stadium is going to be live today.

Damn, 2 Chelsea fans were stabbed in Istanbul prior to the match... SMH...
That's a risk im willing to take
glasses.gif

The thing is, I've been seeing rumors all over the place about him going, but none from a credible source.

When you really look at it, the problems that United have right now, are not losing to better competition, but just losing dismally, and Moyes doesn't seem to have an answer to any of the questions he's being asked on the pitch. All we ever hear is basically, we need new players, or just need to get a bit of luck.

If he really is sacked, I truly believe he lost the job with the owners in this very moment..

Aside from the tactical errors & the sides he chooses from game to game, Moyes' United side looks woefully ill prepared. The often look lifeless especially defensively. The back 4 has consistently been flat footed all campaign no matter who plays. They concede way too much space allowing the opposition to create. If anyone at is watching any film, it's pretty glaring.

Although Moyes is definitely culpable, the players have a big responsibility in the way the campaign has been going so far.

It would actually be a shame if Moyes got canned this fast. It means United & SAF really didn't look at the situation closely enough before choosing the next manager.

BTW, Klopp was most likely already approached sometime last year about the job. If he didn't take it then & I don't think he will now.

SAF confirmed he "chatted" with Pep early last year. If this indeed took place, he & the United contingent had to have spoken to Klopp too.

Like I said before, it would take something magic to get Klopp as seen by his words below.

Talking to The Sun, he said: "There were some English clubs that called and wanted to speak with me. But there was no reason to talk to them because... No chance.
"It's only hard to understand if you always think 'I can go to a bigger club'. I'm sure you could earn much more money at one or the other English clubs, or at a Chinese or Russian club.
"But it's not the most important thing. Money is important, of course. I am not Mahatma Gandhi. If somebody told me two years ago 'some time they will call you', I would have said 'impossible'. And then they called and it was nothing.
"In life you have to be at the right place at the right moment. And I am at the right place at the right moment."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/249451.html#mpai6zUyVdxMG5RS.99

We can say the players aren't playing up to scratch, but then how come they were willing to play for SAF, and not for Moyes? There's no respect for Moyes. And I were in the players boots, I wouldn't respect him either, he's done nothing to earn it. Aside from Cleverley, and Anderson, and possibly Welbeck, everyone on that team has earned their respect on the pitch. Moyes hasn't. Phil Neville hasn't (as a coach).

Last season under SAF, if Rio left that much space for a player, I guarantee you, SAF would verbally rip his head off. And Ferdinand was past his prime last season too. I mean look at this...he gives him a few meters and doesn't even make himself big to block the shot. Poor poor unacceptable defending...

25-02-2014-GifNumber-170.gif

Looks like Kevin-Prince Boateng joined the Jack Wilshire Young Footballers Smoking Club... Wonder when he get his jacket & cravat...

All these Moyes rumors, but realistically, do we see him getting sacked?  Mgmt has said numerous times that they will back him and plus, if they do axe him, it'll make Fergie look bad (as if it's not bad enough already).  

They're out of defenders... I get it... not really much to choose from... but Cleverley and Young week in week out??? Really?  
mad.gif

Anyway...

Doesnt United have good young defenders in the youth squad or on loan to slowly insert into the first team? Everyone can agree that their defense is suspect. Why haven't they taken measures to remediate the situation especially seeing that their defenders are getting old?

Doesnt United have good young defenders in the youth squad or on loan to slowly insert into the first team? Everyone can agree that their defense is suspect. Why haven't they taken measures to remediate the situation especially seeing that their defenders are getting old?

Personally I can't wait to see Nick Powell, and Tyler Blackett come into the first team. I honestly can't believe we haven't re-called Powell. I would rather have him in the centre than Cleverley.

Wow....... :smh:

I've just heard that United have contacted season ticket holders and informed them that their tickets for the derby game will be cancelled unless they attend the CL game against Olympiakos.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tch-Manchester-derby.html?ico=sport^headlines

wow.

#MoyesEffect

:rofl: :rofl:

Moyes is an absolute joke ... but this is just a douchebag move by Man U's Marketing and Ticket Operations team, I LOVE IT!.

From an accounting standpoint, it is understandable in strategic terms for sales and profit for the club, but mannnnn ..... Man U wants to make sure the bus is FULL when it goes down in Champions League flames while Moyes is in the drivers seat. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom