The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

the backheel assist to Grenier's Goal in the Lyon game was sexy

It really was, it's a shame that they didn't win. I don't think is Grenier staying after this season. I'm hoping we can pick up Gonalons.

Anyone watch the Gladbach vs Wolfsburg game? I only got to see the second half. It was good match. But Wolfsburg got lucky, Gladbach created a nice amount of chances but failed to convert. A lot of talent between the two sides.

The Milan derby was good. My predication was that it would end 2-1, Inter winning and scoring first. Poli had a major miss. Great to see Kaka playing regularly again

@samuelj29060 Reminder: AC Milan are 27 (!!) points off 1st place in Serie A. Word is Seedorf or Prandelli will arrive in summer

@RossoneriBlog M'Baye Niang is having his Montpellier medical right now. He will join them on a 6-month loan with the option to be bought.
- It would be a shame to see him not develop, he certainly has the talent. I was excited to see that we were linked to him before he moved to Milan. I hope it works out for him.

@samuelj29060 Gap between 1st-7th: #PremierLeague 6pts #Ligue1 14pts #Bundesliga 16pts #LaLiga 20pts #SerieA 21pts

@Football__Zone Javi Martinez is a current World Cup, European, Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and FIFA Club World Cup champion!

Just recently, Arsenal youngster Jamal Raage had left the club, rumor to due with lack of playing time. A nice talent, hope he has a great future

OrderlyAdorableGlassfrog.gif

Lavezzi's face :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
I rewatched some of the Getafe vs Barca game. Getafe really tried to take advantage of a Barca side that didn't have La Pulga or Neymar. Thankful for a great performance from Pedro & the brace from Cesc. That pitch was horrible. Huge pieces/divots were coming up. It really affected the likes of Alves & Iniesta.

I bought my son Neymar shirt for Christmas (along with a Bayern Gotze) & when I got it, it look really small. I put it up against an Iniesta shirt from last year that I got him that fits big but it was the same size. The vertical lines of the new shirt just made it look a lot smaller/slimmer.

Having said that, Pique has picked up a lot of weight. It's even more noticeable given the Barca kit having gone back to the vertical stripes (instead of last year's gradient pattern). His play is downright embarrassing. He looked like a stone statue bolted to the ground on set pieces. Very slow to react in general, reading plays incorrectly, no spacial awareness, just abysmal. I know he'll end up getting an extension, but I would really like to urge Zubi & Rosell from resigning Pique, family history or not.

Barta has been the best CB all season & I'm not sure why he doesn't start more. it's clear that Barca needs another CB & please dear god please stay away from Luiz.

The one thing I was glad to see is the squad not fold after being down 2-nil.

Sorry I missed Everton play today.

Balo will be Balo. I wish he'd get it together because he can be such a fantastic player.

Coupe - Having great players is definitely a must, but a manager is key too... Even without the likes of losing Ozil in the transfer market or losing Khedira to injury, RM should not be struggling like they are this campaign & Ancelotti is the sole reason for that.

Glad to see some great footy today... Inter beating Milan, Juve beating Atalanta, & PSG salvaging a draw to a feisty Lille. Espanyol beat the crap out of Real Valladolid too...

Peter Lim, Singaporian billionaire, to buy Valencia. Will clear debt, finish new Mestalla, buy players. So, that'll be fun.

here in Singapore he'll be remembered as the billionaire Man Utd fan who once tried to buy Liverpool :lol:

i got much respect for the man though...
he set up a scholarship to help talented Singaporeans achieve their goals in sports,mostly for the underprivileged kids...

a few sporting figures have dropped by this little country to show their support...you might have heard of them...

View media item 706249
View media item 706250
View media item 706251

View media item 706253

Florian Thauvin's fake shot vs Bordeaux
ibl9imoHM2dNDw.gif

Palacio's goal vs Milan
HardtofindClosedCusimanse.gif

Di Maria Goal vs Valencia
EvenAdventurousLadybug.gif

Ross Barkley Free-Kick vs. Swansea
22-12-2013-GifNumber-15.gif

Coleman's Goal against Swansea
22-12-2013-GifNumber-13.gif

Fantastic goal by Juan Arango against Wolfsburg
hBu0B3j.gif

Carlos Vela's bullet shot vs Granada
gYWGZd0.gif

my man, you beat me to it :lol: :pimp:

I just got home from work and I was gonna start posting gifs in here.

Florian Thauvin's fake shot vs Bordeaux
ibl9imoHM2dNDw.gif
Antoniobanderas.gif

OrderlyAdorableGlassfrog.gif

Lavezzi's face :rofl: :rofl:
Lavezzi is a clown :lol: he be doing suspect **** though

Peter Lim, Singaporian billionaire, to buy Valencia. Will clear debt, finish new Mestalla, buy players. So, that'll be fun.

here in Singapore he'll be remembered as the billionaire Man Utd fan who once tried to buy Liverpool :lol:

i got much respect for the man though...
he set up a scholarship to help talented Singaporeans achieve their goals in sports,mostly for the underprivileged kids...

a few sporting figures have dropped by this little country to show their support...you might have heard of them...

View media item 706249
my man Lewis :wow: :wow: :wow:

Last edited:
So it looks like the Arsenal Legends: Thierry Henry doc is only available on iTunes abroad... If anyone comes across if available for purchase stateside, let me know please. I'd love to purchase & view.

Last edited:
Louislagerfeld :lol: I just posted the ones I came across quickly

I really want to see that Henry doc as well. Here's a new 30minute interviews

I won't be able to watch the match tomorrow but I wish my boys the best of luck, COYG!

Louislagerfeld :lol: I just posted the ones I came across quickly

I really want to see that Henry doc as well. Here's a new 30minute interviews

I won't be able to watch the match tomorrow but I wish my boys the best of luck, COYG!

The vid you posted wouldn't work... I think you posted the Sky Sports interview Henry gave. Very thoughtful footballer. Interesting that he said he would take Messi over Ronaldo. Not sure how long this vid will stay you youtube. This is a must watch for any Gooner & footy fan in general.

Last edited:
Palacio's goal vs Milan
HardtofindClosedCusimanse.gif
]

I watched this goal again & a little of the game before I deleted it off my dvr... What a goal. Palacio is quietly having a solid campaign. He's got somewhere between 10-12 goals so far. Not bad for a 30+ year old.

Given where Inter is right now, they won't be able to really challenge in Serie A or possibly qualify for the CL next year. Hopefully he & his Argentine squad in the WC next summer.

^went to the pitch this morning, trained. now I got the rest of the day off. body is ready :pimp:

Thiago my N___ :pimp:
Thiago.gif

Dante
Dante.gif

:lol:

Last edited:
No Oscar, or Mata in the lineup. Jose wateryewdoing? :smh:

Torres starting. Cahil over Luiz. :x

Super defensive lineup. Arsenal isn't freaking Bayern. :smh:

Jose was not playing when he said "I guess it's time to get 1-0 victories". Dude is going full defense since CHelsea have let him down defensivly so many times this season. :lol:

I do not want this game to be a tie. :smh:

That's a very "Mou" lineup. It's what he does.
With the weather looking awful, I don't expect an open game.

Can't watch till later. Cutting myself off from the world now.

I do like Willian and Hazard on opposite wings tho. Better then putting Oscar or Mata in the wing position.

But three defensive minded midfielders is too much. We'll see how Ramires does in a more attacking midfield position tho, he can be creative at times.

Lampard so close :wow:! What a pass and strike tho.

Edit: Ozil, you have to shoot that mannn.

Last edited:
THIS.

Frustrating man.

I feel like lately he's just been chillin, with little motivation, smh.

Need him to step back up. #COYG

Ozil does this, he did this at Real also. He drifts in and out of games, he needs to step it up. Sometimes he can be too unselfish.

Wow Willian with a crazy lack of composure on the best opportunity of the half

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom