The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Sevilla up 1 - nil on the yellow submarines... C'mon Gio!!!
I'm sure if La Liga was easily available just like the Prem is, there would be more discussion about it. Same goes for the Bundesliga and Ligue 1.

I love having the Spanish language channels, you get a variety of La Liga games as well other football games like CL matches. I can't wait till fox gets Bundesliga games but that's not until the 2015-2016 season. I won't watch much of the Prem at that point. I didn't back when my carrier had Gol. It felt like culture shock when I lost Gol & started watching the Prem again. Such boring football. It felt like I was in the stone ages.

Luis Suarez is now the top scorer across the top 5 European leagues :x

Marco Reus scoring his BVB goal this season
ObviousPoliteCrownofthornsstarfish.gif

Herrera's goal for Porto

Sevilla up 1 - nil on the yellow submarines... C'mon Gio!!!
I'm sure if La Liga was easily available just like the Prem is, there would be more discussion about it. Same goes for the Bundesliga and Ligue 1.

I love having the Spanish language channels, you get a variety of La Liga games as well other football games like CL matches. I can't wait till fox gets Bundesliga games but that's not until the 2015-2016 season. I won't watch much of the Prem at that point. I didn't back when my carrier had Gol. It felt like culture shock when I lost Gol & started watching the Prem again. Such boring football. It felt like I was in the stone ages.

I know, me and you both got Comcast. Gol TV actually has headquarters down here, I pass by it sometimes when I'm on the way to Miami Beach. I was pissed when they cut the Bundesliga off

Last edited:
Lol... another great goal by Young.  

How did City concede the 2nd?

Last edited:
I know, me and you both got Comcast. Gol TV actually has headquarters down here, I pass by it sometimes when I'm on the way to Miami Beach. I was pissed when they cut the Bundesliga off

Now that's some salt to pour in the wound of losing Gol :lol:, having to pass by their HQ & you ain't got the channel...

Sevilla up 2 nil, went to check on the Man City game & Fulham just tied it. Damn, City still struggling on the road....

:lol: @ Thiago & Javi's attempt at German... Need some lessons from Pep...

Villareal's Perbet converts penalty but it's 2-1 Sevilla in the 90th min... 4 extra mins to make something happen...

Last edited:
Man City is going to beat Barca. I'm saying it now.

The circumstances are different of course, but Pellegrini hasn't won any games in his last 12 against the Blaugrana during his stops at Villarreal, Real Madrid, & Malaga. The best he could do was 2 draws. Unless we get a complete break down of our back 4, I think Barca will overcome Citeh...

The circumstances are different of course, but Pellegrini hasn't won any games in his last 12 against the Blaugrana during his stops at Villarreal, Real Madrid, & Malaga. The best he could do was 2 draws. Unless we get a complete break down of our back 4, I think Barca will overcome Citeh...

So what if Pellegrini hasn't beat Barca, the manager's don't win games, the players do. All manager's can do at the end of the day is shout out instructions during the 90 mins. But they way City play is Barca's worse nightmare. They are physical and crafty in the midfield. They now have a speedy winger in Navas and Negredo who brings size and strength to the forward position. Not to mention David Silva and Aguero.

Man City are not the typical English squad. We all saw how Barca struggled so badly against another physical and crafty team in Bayern last year. Man City have all the tools to play Barca in a similar way.

The only thing holding them back is another CB. They're "meh" on defense. But I think they are going after a CB in the transfer market, they almost have to. They aren't scared to spend.

I think Barca are going to have big issues with City. That's why I'll go City.

NomadicSole21 said it best. City tends to lose composure, badly even at home (& of course away). The only thing I worry about is City's counter.

Coupe - You really think it's only players? Ask Red Devil fans how crucial having a manager is. Ask Madridistas what they think of Ancelotti. Look what Simeone is doing at Atletico & tell me managers don't make a difference.

View media item 704459
BTW, those Dewar's commercials with the Scottish chick are too existential for me... :rolleyes

Last edited:
I know how important Managers are but Dude you can't just say "Pellegrini has never beaten Barca, so thats why Barca will win". Thats just arrogance. That's not a valid argument.

I could say "Tata has never coached in the Champions League, he's never coached against an English team so that's why City are going to win".

But I'm not going to say that because it's a weak argument. I see the way Barca plays and I see the way City plays. From what I see, Barca are in deep trouble.

Last edited:
Premier League World is having a Belgium special. Real good so far. I like how they touched base on the multiculturalness of the country. About 3-5 languages were spoken so far :lol:

I know how important Managers are but Dude you can't just say "Pellegrini has never beaten Barca, so thats why Barca will win". Thats just arrogance. That's not a valid argument.

I could say "Tata has never coached in the Champions League, he's never coached against an English team so that's why City are going to win".

But I'm not going to say that because it's a weak argument. I see the way Barca plays and I see the way City plays. From what I see, Barca are in deep trouble.

Defensively Man City have conceded too many goals in the CL in this campaign, 10 to Barca's 5. They still lose form defensively so bad it's alarming.

Barca has also played a bulk of those games without Messi along without having Alves & others.

You're also talking about a City squad that hasn't made it to the roux of 16 in the last 2 years despite spending a ton of money in the transfer market.

I also consider mistakes like Pellegrini not being aware of needing to score another goal against Bayern. Not knowing that & preparing for that is alarming to me. It's a shame because I like Pellegrini & his gentlemanly nature.

We'll see though. I'm not saying Barca is going to run away with it or will definitely win but I have faith that Barca will.

I am afraid of Ya Ya reeking havoc in the middle though...

Edit - Plus Barca has a secret weapon...

JOE HART!!!

Last edited:
Premier League World is having a Belgium special. Real good so far. I like how they touched base on the multiculturalness of the country. About 3-5 languages were spoken so far :lol:

That is a really well done show... Last week or perhaps the week before they had a focus on South America's ties to the Prem. They had a cool story on the Everton club in Chile's Primera Division...

Back
Top Bottom