The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

AVB left Porto too soon. Said it years ago.

Damn Arsenal, Bayern :smh:

Barca are in trouble.

Chelsea and Man U with easy draws, when they don't deserve it.

Agree with United and Chealsea but the only other major threats in the 2nd pot were english teams. Doesnt uefa like to keep teams from the same country from competing this early in the KO stages?

Wonder what happens with AVB now, where does he go?

Crazy, he could have taken over Real Madrid or PSG last year but decided to stay lol.

Last edited:
Liverpool was cooking yesterday. I was extremely impressed by Sterling. Dude was dangerous every single time he got the ball...poor naughton. You could tell sterling was going to take the by line most of the time and they still couldn't stop him....such quick feet such acceleration and speed. Deserved the goal at the end too. Jordan Henderson's goal...and his assist on the first goal to suarez were class. Suarez's composure in front of goal on the first one.... just ridiculous. You can tell the game is probably moving so slow to him...he is really on a different level.

How tall are you?

Keep him away from GK :lol:

As a coach I'd never show it but I hate when talented youngsters get that itch to play keeper.

Me, I'm 5'10" but my son is 4'4" (53 inches tall). He's been wanting to play goalie but he's not tall enough for outdoor but since the goals for indoor & futsal are smaller, his height doesn't hinder him. He only plays goalie for half a game.

It was hilarious because my wife was so nervous for him but he showed a lot of natural ability/instincts. We were floored when he came out aggressively & consistently to stop one on one situations successfully.

Been away from this thread :smh: have been working so damn much. Just wanted to say

:rofl:

ameriCACA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herrera sure went out in style didn't he? Leon really dominated America like they should have.

I like the CL draws. Can't wait to see the Blues up against the Blaugrana.

I guess the optimisum shown by the Gooners on this thread stems from the success the Gunners had against Bayern last year.

Didier back in Stamford Bridge for the CL huh? :smokin

Last edited:
The sad thing is that AVB is possibly & maybe statistically the best manager the Spurs have ever had. :rolleyes :lol:

I started to see what AVB was back when Bale was out last year. His sides looked terrible & unorganized. If it weren't for Bale's late game heroics last year, the Spurs would've been horrid.

Really feel like barca will run away with it vs city. Messi coming back and wanting to prove a point, especially if he doesn't win the balon. Gonna be a great though, regardless

I think arsenal progressing depends on özil. Is it just me, but he struggles against German clubs. They also Deff need another striker

Also been announced this morning that Fox has kept UCL/UEL rights in the US through 17/18 season.
They could do better, but at least it ain't beIN.

We should be Gala but I'm not going to call it a cake walk. Chelsea have proven to be very inconsistent this year and it wouldn't surprise me for us to beat the best team in Europe one week in the CL and then lose to a relegation squad the next.

We should be Gala but I'm not going to call it a cake walk. Chelsea have proven to be very inconsistent this year and it wouldn't surprise me for us to beat the best team in Europe one week in the CL and then lose to a relegation squad the next.
Yea, I know. You just never know.

To be honest I just don't think Chelsea have the talent. They're a player away (one who scores goals, a poacher). Everything else is fine. To put it in elemtary terms, "They're missing a star".

I did not want Bayern :x I feel like last years result will light a fire under them and get them prepared a bit more. If Arsenal can get past them though, I'm going to be a believer in their chances at a title.

My favorite player coming back to play my favorite team? I am alright with either team advancing
hopefully you're talking about Drogba because this is from his twitter:

"I am very happy that we drew @chelseafc because for both games I will be playing at home [emoji]128522[/emoji]"

Anyone else feel like Bayern was not the worst possible draw Arsenal could have had? Given playing styles, I feel like Real Madrid or even Atletico Madrid would have given Arsenal specifically a tougher run for their money.

Either way .... Pep vs Wenger :pimp:

Watched the NCAA footy championship ft the MD Terps vs Notre Dame off my DVR... Wow the Terps were robbed by some horrible officiating.... How on earth did the refs miss 2 obvious hand balls in front of the goal that were both in front of 2 refs... My son was heartbroken bcs he went to their camp this summer which featured a lot of the Terp players...

Yea, I know. You just never know.

To be honest I just don't think Chelsea have the talent. They're a player away (one who scores goals, a poacher). Everything else is fine. To put it in elemtary terms, "They're missing a star".

aka a striker.

Chelsea hasn't been a truly great team since Drogba was here at his peak. And we won't be great again until we have another consistent top striker.

Excited to see Spurs without AVB.

Not the best situation, but it's exciting nonetheless.

Definitely weren't getting it done with him; glad they cut the bait without lingering. Probably had a real falling out.

Last edited:

How tall are you?

Keep him away from GK
laugh.gif

As a coach I'd never show it but I hate when talented youngsters get that itch to play keeper.
Me, I'm 5'10" but my son is 4'4" (53 inches tall). He's been wanting to play goalie but he's not tall enough for outdoor but since the goals for indoor & futsal are smaller, his height doesn't hinder him. He only plays goalie for half a game.

It was hilarious because my wife was so nervous for him but he showed a lot of natural ability/instincts. We were floored when he came out aggressively & consistently to stop one on one situations successfully.
That's dope I do think it's important experience at the really young ages. In the past for U12 and below I've usually mandated that every kid play GK at least once a season. It's just funny and somewhat problematic  when young players with potential get the bug and all of a sudden all they want to do is play keeper.   

Last edited:
I really can't wait for the games vs Bayern.

I'm excited to see what Wenger does in January, now knowing we need reinforcements for this tie and this tough campaign.

I am willing to bet a striker and defender will come in, at least.

I would love to see him do a big 70 mill quid swoop for Skrtel and Suarez from Liverpool. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom