The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

sick.gif
filthy!

Whelp, AVB said he wanted more time to race motorcycles, now he's got it. He doesn't deserve another with a big club...

Atletico vs Valencia
Lyon vs Marseille
Both are really good so far. I hear Napoli vs Inter is going really good

You have to really admire what Atleti are doing. Valencia played them tough for the first hour keeping the score nil - nil, but Los Rojiblancos broke through finishing the game 3 - 0. I can't wait to see this team go further into the CL. Kudos to Simeone. His Atleti side plays exactly the way he played. How many clubs could see the loss of the likes of Aguero, De Gea, Diego Forlan, & Falcao over the years while still playing football at a high level... Amazing.

In addition to offering a better wage, the Reds really need to put a great team about Suarez so they can compete not only for the Prem but the CL also. What good is having a Ferrari or Lambo like Suarez if you're only going to drive in neighborhood/residential streets?

Suarez has been a monster this season. There isn't a player in Europe playing as well as him right now.

I've been thinking, is suarez right now better than Torres was in his Liverpool peak? I think he is getting extremely close to surpassing him

And Leon just sealed the game vs America.

Last edited:
Anyone else have a kid playing footy? My son played goalie for the first time today for futsal (on turf). Even though we loss both games, my son played great. he came out like a boss & stopped so many one on one chances against the opposition. His mother & I along with his coaches were so proud of him. Sorry for the blurry iPhone pics but had to share.

View media item 695984View media item 695989

Last edited:
Torres in his peak at Lverpool wasn't touching what Suarez is doing.

He does deserve to be winning titles or given the chance to. Liverpool are having a great season tho, they may be on there way.

If he does want to go and Liverpool let him go, it will surely not be a team in the EPL. Real and Bayern would be ready to open up those check books. Wonder if Lverpool would agree to Benzema plus 40 million euros, I think that's the way Madrid would do it.

I just hope Suarez has matured & doesn't get himself into trouble again. It would be shame to see him do something stupid again...

Psk, about Atletico. They are an amazing team, such discipline. I think they are one of the best teams in the world. No doubt. Very underrated.

Wenger to pay top dollar for Barca starlet
Posted by ESPN FC
RECOMMEND2TWEET0EMAIL
Antonio Sanabria.
GettyImages
Will Arsenal pay the buy-out clause of Antonio Sanabria?
Arsenal could be forced to pay a whopping 3.6 million pounds for young Barcelona sensation Antonio Sanabria. The Paraguay international -- labeled the next Lionel Messi due to his size and skill -- has been attracting interest this season despite appearing only nine times for the Spanish side’s B team this season. But Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is under pressure to bring in another striker, and the Frenchman is rumoured to have settled on the 17-year-old. But the admiration may cost the London club a pretty penny with the Mirror claiming that young striker has a buy-out clause that is thought to be way above the asking price.

Talking of strikers in demand, the Mirror is reporting that West Ham boss Sam Allardyce is intent on securing Southampton forward Rickie Lambert in the January transfer window. Lambert was one of the Saints key men last season, scoring 15 goals in the Premier League, but the England international now finds himself behind summer signing Dani Osvaldo. And that has alerted Allardyce, who is desperate to add to his striking options. The club’s main weapon, Andy Carroll, has been missing through injury and West Ham have suffered without a suitable back-up.

Finally, Manchester United are looking to kick the career of midfielder Nick Powell up a notch with the Mirror reporting that the Red Devils will bring the 19-year-old home, only to send him out on loan again! Powell has been doing a fine job at Championship side Wigan this season, scoring four goals in 14 appearances, but United officials believe the player will benefit from playing at a higher level, hoping that a Premier League club will take the player out on loan for the remainder of the season in the January window.

This is a bit out of the blue but does anyone know where I can purchase the Real Sociedad away kit for this season? I have only found the team site so far. Thanks!

Wait, you're telling either messi or zlatan is missing out of your top 3 ?
Of course Messi is in the top 3. He's 1a.

But Zlatan is missing, yes. I think Suarez is better than him. Sorry. He plays in a better league, more competition on a game by game basis. French ligue isn't doing it for me.

Report: Clint Dempsey will join Fulham on Jan. 1 for two-month loan
Richard Farley Dec 15, 2013, 11:56 PM EST
Leave a comment
Fulham v Newcastle United - Premier League
Getty Images
The Guardian is reporting that the much-speculated return of Clint Dempsey to Fulham is a a done deal. A two-month loan from Major League Soccer’s Seattle Sounders will begin on Jan. 1 bring the 30-year-old back to the United States ahead of his MLS team’s March 8 season opener, sacrificing preseason with his new club for a chance to return to Craven Cottage.

Citing “US sources,” the London-based outlet reports Dempsey will stay in southwest London “until late February,” returning to the club where he scored 23 all-competition goals in 2011-12. That summer, Dempsey moved from Fulham to Tottenham Hotspur, leaving the Cottagers as the club’s all-time leading scorer in Premier League play.

Dempsey left Tottenham before the start of Spurs’ 2013-14 season to move back to Major League Soccer, where he played with the New England Revolution from 2004-2006. His three-and-a-half year deal with the Sounders includes a clause that allows him to go on loan this winter in preparation for the 2014 World Cup.

Though Spurs held an option on Dempsey’s return, the U.S. captain will instead rejoin Fulham, who we originally signed for in Dec. 2006. Over the course of five-and-a-half seasons, Dempsey scored 60 all-competition goals, including twice in Fulham’s 2009-10 run to the Europa League final.

By the end of his time at Craven Cottage, Dempsey had evolved into one of the team’s most important players, but with Rene Meulensteen having recently taken as manager over for Martin Jol, it’s unclear how the 101-time U.S. international will be used. Over the past two games, Fulham has played with two wide attackers flanking Dimitar Berbatov (the club’s number nine), and while Dempsey could play in either of those spots, he also gives Meulensteen a player capable of playing in support of a lead striker. Likewise, if Berbatov (in the final year of his contract) is moved in the winter transfer window, Dempsey gives Meulenteen another option through the middle.

For Seattle, a team that’s making a number of changes this offseason, losing their playmaker through training camp will be a significant blow; however, it will not be an unanticipated one. As the Sounders appear set to build around Dempsey playing in support of the likes of Obafemi Martins, Kenny Cooper, and Lamar Neagle, they’ve been aware of the likelihood of Dempsey’s absence, one which should help him prepare for Brazil 2014.

Anyone else have a kid playing footy? My son played goalie for the first time today for futsal (on turf). Even though we loss both games, my son played great. he came out like a boss & stopped so many one on one chances against the opposition. His mother & I along with his coaches were so proud of him. Sorry for the blurry iPhone pics but had to share.
How tall are you?

Keep him away from GK 
laugh.gif

As a coach I'd never show it but I hate when talented youngsters get that itch to play keeper.  

Back
Top Bottom