The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Yeesh, glad Barca got a better result than RM today against Olimpic :rolleyes. Surprised they couldn't score on a 3rd division team, even without CR7 :x.

I want to go out to get some Saturday evening take out but don't want to miss the MLS final. I don't want to watch it off my DVR but this frickin' game won't end...

Last edited:
^Glad I'm not the only one watching this match

I know you have your qualms with mls but when you watch it for what it is, it ain't so bad :\ :lol:

Di Maria didn't go to bench after he got subbed? He showed the manager off and went straight to the locker room? Is that right?

I'm not the greatest Spanish reader.

I know you have your qualms with mls but when you watch it for what it is, it ain't so bad :\ :lol:

Actually, both sides have missed a lot of shots that should've went in particularly for RSL. Sporting KC's Nielsen made some awful decisions playing the goal that RSL should've capitalized on. This frickin' game went into extra time because of inability not because of extraordinary play... I just wanna see someone win... :rolleyes

Last edited:

Actually, both sides have missed a lot of shots that should've went in particularly for RSL. Sporting KC's Nielsen made some awful decisions playing the goal that RSL should've capitalized on. This frickin' game went into extra time because of inability not because of extraordinary play... I just wanna see someone win... :rolleyes
agreed. There were a few decent runs and balls played but neither team posses the skill to finish. It's pretty bad :lol:

but like I said, watch it for what it is.. just some plain ole football.

Not spectacular or anything.

Wow, sad for RSL but it's cool to see the home team (Sporting KC) win on their pitch... Both teams have such a great fan base. Glad to see the fans witness a championship win at home...

Last edited:
It seems that MLS fans travel well
For how low the MLS is on the American sports totem pole, I would say they do for sure. 

Fans that stood out for me in terms of filling out the Galaxy's away supporters sections were the Red Bulls (surprisingly), Timbers, Whitecaps, and Sounders; they all had their sections completely full.

Nice folks too when you'd be in line with them at the concessions 

I hear United lost again.

Under the astute management of David Moyes, I can't see why this is happening.

moyes doesnt put the ball in the back of the net man, thats the problem on top of the defence just not being great, and carrick not being there to dictate the play, david moyes has my backing 100% he was hand picked by sir alex himself, hes going to be great, he just needs time

dont follow MLS but when i saw that dude walking up for his PK i told everyone he's gunna hit it too hard. dude has that look to him that he's all intensity and zero finesse
laugh.gif

then i check his ratings on fifa after and his top attributes are 1. shot power and 2. aggression 
roll.gif

was disappointed he missed, 1 PK away from the goalies taking them which woulda been epic to come down to in a final

Its such a coincidence that my girl's cousin is Teal Bunbury. Unfortunately, i hate the MLS. Lol.

I never knew just how great a manager Fergie was. This the same team from last year and they're looking like mediocre mid table team.

Much respect to Fergie man.

Lol @ David Moyes saying he's still a process.

@RedMancunian [Kagawa] David Moyes reveals that Shinji Kagawa had to have his stomach pumped after eating too much food.
- Hanging out with Anderson too much

Bayern still undefeated in the Bundesliga. 15-2-0 .. they won 7-0 against Werder today

I probably have watched more world cups and matches than anyone on NT ( Since Italy'90) first match I recall is Cameroon vs Colombia. I watched every game of France98, JapKor02, and Germany.06

With that said below is my WC prediction:

Group A
Brazil
Croatia

Group B
Spain
Netherlands

Group C
Colombia
Japan

Group D
Italy
England

Group E
France
Switzerland

Group F
Argentina
Iran

Group G
Germany
Ghana

Group H
Belgium
Russia

Round of 16
A1Brazil over B2Netherland
C1Colombia loses to D2 England

E1France over F2Iran
G1Germany over H2Russia

B1Spain over A2Croatia
D1Italy over C2Japan

F1Argentina over E2Switzerland
H1Belgium loses to G2Ghana

Quarters
Brazil over England
Germany over France

Spain over Italy
Argentina over Ghana

Semis
Germany over Brazil
Argentina over Spain

Final
Germany over Argentina (trying to be unbiased)

I hear United lost again.

Under the astute management of David Moyes, I can't see why this is happening.

moyes doesnt put the ball in the back of the net man, thats the problem on top of the defence just not being great, and carrick not being there to dictate the play, david moyes has my backing 100% he was hand picked by sir alex himself, hes going to be great, he just needs time

Same players who won last season. Only change is the tactics and motivation of Moyes. Even if the players quality slightly diminished over 12 months, then who's fault is it that all Moyes brought in was Fellaini?

This is Moyes' fault. Players aren't giving their all for him, cause they don't respect him.

Just look at Everton all of a sudden. Playing well, winning games. I wonder what the difference could be?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom