The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

That Walcott to Ozil was nice but then the Barkley to Gerry D was nice too.

That triple substitution by Wenger changed everything for the Gunners, ditto for Martinez putting in Deulofeu. Like someone said earlier, I wonder why Martinez doesn't start him?

BadDeadlyFirebelliedtoad.gif

That Walcott to Ozil was nice but then the Barkley to Gerry D was nice too.

That triple substitution by Wenger changed everything for the Gunners, ditto for Martinez putting in Deulofeu. Like someone said earlier, I wonder why Martinez doesn't start him?
It could be because he is a player on loan and Martinez may be trying to groom their own talent first. I also read somewhere that Deulofeu is somewhat cocky etc. He has raw talent and needs refinement hence why Martinez doesn't start him,but imo he should have put him on the pitch earlier.

Great game, I'm okay with that result.

5 points clear.

I'll take it, but tbf part of me is disappointed. We should have been able to hold on to the lead for the final 10mins. Great goal by the Barca kid. Howard was great in first half at keeping us out.

Cazorla was pretty bad, as was Arteta and Ramsey looked off. Koscielny was ******g immense! All Arsene's subs were great....and likely should have been the ones to start. I dont get why we keep playing midfielders on the wings now that we have Theo back, he helped change the game (and just how much he's worked on his ball control/touch/ability to bring the ball down/crossing were all on display in his 20 min cameo.)

We need to get at least 4 points from the City and Chelsea games now....but 6 would be awesome. I'm looking at you Santa!

Same players who won last season. Only change is the tactics and motivation of Moyes. Even if the players quality slightly diminished over 12 months, then who's fault is it that all Moyes brought in was Fellaini?

This is Moyes' fault. Players aren't giving their all for him, cause they don't respect him.

Just look at Everton all of a sudden. Playing well, winning games. I wonder what the difference could be?

Not only did Dortmund lose at home to Bayer Leverkusen 1 - nil, Nuri Sahin suffered a partial ligament tear in his right ankle and Sven Bender strained tendon in his right ankle. These injuries on top of Ilkay Gundogan, Mats Hummels, Neven Subotic, & Marcel Schmelzer already being out. :x

Real Jaen vs Esponyol was a lively affair. Play wasn't very good on the part of Espanyol but gotta give credit to these 3rd division teams, they're playing their 1st division counterparts pretty tough. The home crowd for Real Jaen was really loud & supportive too.

Same players who won last season. Only change is the tactics and motivation of Moyes. Even if the players quality slightly diminished over 12 months, then who's fault is it that all Moyes brought in was Fellaini?

This is Moyes' fault. Players aren't giving their all for him, cause they don't respect him.

Just look at Everton all of a sudden. Playing well, winning games. I wonder what the difference could be?

The difference is, United stood by Sir Alex, cause he had proven himself (10 trophies at Aberdeen).

In the case of David Moyes his only managerial honour:

Preston North End
Football League Second Division: 1999–2000

never really spoke out to my opinion but there's obvious managerial failures in Moyes at ManU and successes in Martinez at Everton, Moyes former position, Martinez left Wigan with a cup but in 2nd division. both good and bad
laugh.gif
somewhere I feel like Martinez would've been a better choice then Moyes at ManU but that'll never happen. always loved Martinez for being one of the few foreign managers in EPL making it.

my question is do you think that when the manager position was up for grabs at OT it had to be an English or UK manager at the helm? not on a racist note or anything but more for a traditional aspect I suppose. if that's the case was Neil Lennon of Celtic ever into consideration? Mourinho was thought into it was we know but it goes on i suppose

Clearly Fergie had the most influence in the hiring of Moyes. He chose his successor, Man United trusted him enough. It's not odd that he chose a fellow Scotsman. He looked after his own and hired someone who he thought mirrored himself.

Problem is, as great as Fergie was as manager. He probably shouldn't have been involved in this decision. Managers shouldn't hire managers.

But it's United and Fergie is a saint, they don't handle business like most clubs now so Moyes is safe for at least a couple years. They will give him the time.

It doesn't look good for Moyes because Sir Alex was able to win the title with this squad last year & the success Matinez is having at Everton but there are a lot of factors in this being overlooked. The Red Devil side is something that Alex built over time to suit his tactics & acumen. He knew the ins & outs of each player & his experience is obviously unparalleled in the modern day prem.

Edit - The one ting I'd really criticize though is Moyes team selection & substitutions. That's gotta improve or he will continue to sink. Some of his choices are :smh:

Also Martinez reshaped his Everton side to help install the football he wanted to play by bringing in the likes of Lukaku, Gareth Barry, & Deulofleu on loan & then he brought in Arouna Kone, Joel Robles, Bryan Oviedo, & others who have contributed in one way or another.

The one thing Martinez did do that Moyes should've is trusted & played Barkley. Martinez playing Barkley as much as he's can has paid dividends. Does anyone know what other young players Everton's youth system have?

I think Red Devil fans should support Moyes for better or worse. The transitional first year wasn't going to be easy. He should get at least 3 years IMO. Keep your chin eiddy & others. Have faith. Just look at what Rodgers is doing at Liverpool & he doesn't have the type of resources Moyes would have at Man U.

PS. I would've loved seeing Martinez manage the Three Lions. He would completely reshape the English side.

New Kobe/Messi Turkish Airlines commercial.

Last edited:
Was watching the Arsenal/Everton match with my dad this morning, as soon as I saw Deulofeu warming up I told my dad watch out for this kid.

Next thing you know he puts one through the net. :smokin

He's on loan for just this season right? Hope he can stay in the premier, such a nice player to watch.

Spain has a very good class of young players coming up, excited on what they may do for the years to come.

listen guys slander moyes all you want i know he will turn it around and i dont want him to leave one bit, do i want him to spend money in january yes but on who i dont know definitely dont want to over pay for some one thats for sure

this ordeal with moyes is very reminiscent of what was happening with the Mexican NT.

Moyes should be sacked.

At least Chepo had titles to show for his effort before adapting to a newer system, but Moyes? He has nothing to show for and continues to be stubborn.

I knew someone who's a hardcore ManU fan and so is his brother.

He'd tell me about the history of the club and this and that, it was entertaining to hear at times, but it got annoying.

I wish I still spoke to him just to taste those delicious tears and the excuses as to why the new manager is total ****.

That Everton vs Arsenal was a very entertaining one. Both teams pass the ball very well and create chances well. I wish a certain other team in blue would play more like Everton

Back
Top Bottom