The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Suarez is clearly King right now.

:x
He was King last season too.

EnormousIckyCony.gif

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...-new-contract-offer-luis-suarez-offer?cc=5901

Reds 'planning amazing Suarez offer'
December 7, 2013
By ESPN staff

Liverpool may be prepared to make Luis Suarez the highest-paid player in the Premier League to keep him at Anfield, according to reports.

Brendan Rodgers said on Friday that there was no agreement that Suarez would be allowed to move on should the Reds fail to qualify for the Champions League and suggested negotiations over a contract extension were in the offing.

“We want him to stay and, with his contract running for two-and-a-half years, I am sure there will be something between now and the end of the season to keep him here,” Rodgers said.

The Daily Telegraph and Daily Mirror both reported on Saturday that Liverpool will now seek to offer the Uruguay international a new contract that could be the most lucrative in English football.

Although there is an acceptance that the striker will only agree to a new deal if he is satisfied that the club can match his ambitions, Suarez -- who scored four goals in the 5-1 victory over Norwich City on Wednesday -- has said he plans to stay.

“When I’m happy off the field, you can see it in my performance on the pitch, and the Premier League is the best league out there,” he told Marca this week.

Asked if he would still be at the club at the end of the season, the reported Real Madrid target replied: “Yes, I am happy here and I will continue here.”

He added: “The main thing is that Liverpool finish in the top four. I will help the team achieve that.”

Former Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish, now working for the club as a non-executive director, has said he is delighted with the way the forward has performed after watching him at Anfield in midweek.

“I was privileged the other night to watch Luis in full swing,” Dalglish told the Liverpool Echo. “There was some disruption in the summer but I don’t think there was any doubt that when he came back from the ban and started to play football he would give anything other than 100 percent. That’s the type of player he is.

“When he scores he lights the place up. You can see what it means to him. He loves his football and has total respect for the club and the supporters. We’re seeing the very best of the wee man and long may it continue.”

These Coa Del Ray games are crazy. It looks like these big clubs are playing at your local high school field. I don't think they're even playing on grass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom