The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Benzema loses so much focus man, dude should not be starting on a club like this. Morata about to start taking his spot.

been feeling like this.

i was a big fan of Benz while he was in Lyon but he's just never done it for me in Real.

during the window i thought the move that would really put madrid over the top would have been a Benz+Cash swap for Suarez.

his work rate has looked terrible outside of the CL

Last edited:
Bale can't dribble past anyone, Jesus. This dude loses the ball every time he gets it and trys to make a run. :smh:

As I said before, Bale = colossal waste of money. He's a one-trick pony. Contributes absolutely nothing other than cutting in and shooting with his left. Completely disappears when he isn't doing that.

The problem was bigger than Bale.

Madrid looked defeated after the first half, which Bale wasn't on for.

Atletico should have scored more, Real couldn't hold possession, and couldn't create clean chances.

Benzema loses so much focus man, dude should not be starting on a club like this. Morata about to start taking his spot.

Morata is just as bad.

I lost is when Isco was taken out and this moron was put in.

Don't understand why Ancelotti would start Illaramendi when he's been playing like ****, Casemiro has proven himself, if you're not gonna start Modric alongside Khedira, start Casemiro for **** sakes.

Defensive wise, we need Varane to start, like now. Him and Ramos at CBs were great last season, Pepe is such a bonehead and liability. Coentrao looked a little lost out there and don't get me started on Arbeloa.

Last edited:
I'm not going to jump off the Isco bandwagon after just one bad match. Everyones been raving about him as being one of the top La Liga players so far this season. So you can't just say they should have kept Ozil after that.

Atletico IMO went in with a gameplan to focus on Isco (and obviously CR)

Villareal, Elche, and this at home :smh:

We need to solve this the Real way and spend more money in the winter :lol:

:\

I'm not going to jump off the Isco bandwagon after just one bad match. Everyones been raving about him as being one of the top La Liga players so far this season. So you can't just say they should have kept Ozil after that.

Atletico IMO went in with a gameplan to focus on Isco (and obviously CR)

Not hopping off the Isco bandwagon, I'm just saying Real could have used him today, both Ozil and Isco could have played in a game like this. There wasn't much fluidity. There weren't even attempts on goal. Benzema is never in the right position, he's an airhead but they needed some dudes who could control the ball up the middle.

Pathetic performance by Real.

All credit has to go to Diego Simeone's Atleti side. His defense has been able to consistently shut down the likes of the Blaugrana & Los Blancos since his arrival. His team mirrors the exact way he played. How many teams could lose a striker like Falcao & pick up right where they left off.I'm glad it didn't get too out of hand.

There is also something to be said about Ancelotti's tactical acumen or the lack there of. He hasn't evolved or changed much since his Rossoneri days. His side always look predictable. I thought he might change a bit since he came to his dream job at this stage of his career but 7 games in, I've seen the same Ancelotti. At this stage of his career Carlo will always get beat by a better managed side. Always.

I hate seeing Real struggle like this.  Just wasn't clicking today.  Arbeloa needs to be dropped.  Modric should have started alongside Khedira.  I didnt' see any creativity from Real today.  Couldn't even get any shots on goal smh 

Reaching in the Spanish press that Del Bosque is ready to call up Diego Costa to the team.

He better not play for Spain in Brazil. scholars better call him up ASAP. If he doesn't play for Brazil he should play for Portugal then! Where he started his European career! God mows we need a striker lol

You think Costa is really 24? Although his play says otherwise, he looks like he's one of this fit 45 year old dudes...

ramgoal.gif

This is like p0rn to me. :pimp:

Fantastic day for Arsenal FC. Great win, still top of the table and the teams around us all dropped points. :pimp:

If Aaron Ramsey inst the EPL player of the month for September the **** is rigged.

What a player he is becoming. I have to admit I felt he simply wasn't good enough for Arsenal going into last season (2012-13). During the 2011-12 season he was pretty awful. TBF to him he was thrust into the AM spot with Cesc and Nasri's departures over the summer and he just wasnt ready/suited for the position. He'd dwell on the ball/take too many touches, slow attacks down, and fail to see/pick a pass when we literally had the best in the world at it (Cesc) the season before....he got alot of stick. Wenger even threw him out on the wings and bar the 5-3 vs Chelsea all the other games he played there were completely forgettable.

Fast forward to the tail end of last season on and he has been our most important player (just edging out Per imo). The CM spot is his. He runs for days, has the highest tackles on the team, providing assists.....as well as having 8 goals in 8 games on like 10 shots or something silly....he's become an immense player.

His play shut me up long ago and its gone on to hush the idiot Stoke fans who booed him last week and the booing Swansea fans (him being an ex Cardiff City player) this week...keep it up Aaron!

Again great result!

Oh I have to say I HATE watching Spurs play not only because its Spurs obviously, but because the main camera angle is horrid. **** must honestly be on the top of the roof. You'd think they'd do something about it and move it down so you get a better sense of what is doing on. A shot could be rising, up 30 feet in the air or just above the ground and on target and you have no clue until they show a replay from a on field camera. Watching games at the Nou Camp are similar in terms of a bad main camera angle but its not anywhere near as bad as at WHL.

Anyways back to wanking to the play leading up to our second goal...

Oh and come on Sunderland! Show it was all down to Di Canio and get a result vs Liverpool!

Last edited:
Reaching in the Spanish press that Del Bosque is ready to call up Diego Costa to the team.

He better not play for Spain in Brazil. scholars better call him up ASAP. If he doesn't play for Brazil he should play for Portugal then! Where he started his European career! God mows we need a striker lol

Spain? Brazil? Portugal?

Am I missing something? How is he just going to pick whichever NT he wants to play for?

Im guessing since he's Portuguese, born in Brazil with a Spanish passport? Idk how that works either.

Maybe? All I know is that he has just played a couple friendlies for brazil. Doesn't tie him down but still.

Last edited:
Spain? Brazil? Portugal?

Am I missing something? How is he just going to pick whichever NT he wants to play for?

I'm assuming he'd have a Portuguese passport or citizenship since it's not difficult to obtain one for Brazilian players who cross the pond. All you have to do is trace Portuguese ancestry back to at least one great grand-parent and you can become a Portuguese citizen (they're loose about that in Portugal). Thats me just - speculating.

But he does have a Spanish passport since he's been playing there for a while, so he can be called up to the Spanish team if FIFA lets him - since he never played an "official" match for Brazil.

I'm just saying, if he's going to decide to not want to play for Brazil or if he doesn't get called up, it'd be disrespectful for him to play in Brazil for a direct competitor - Spain. If he were to change allegiances it'd be better for him and more forgivable if he played for Portugal.

Comprende?

Last edited:
Wouldn't that be something interesting...

@MickTheGooner: Mario Balotelli could be available with his future at Milan in doubt. Arsenal are considering him for January at a ‘knock down’ £12m. (Mail)

Manchester United's Champions League chances written off by new boss David Moyes
28 Sep 2013 22:31
"To win it, you have to have five or six world-class players. We’ve not got that" admits manager as West Brom win at Old Trafford

David Moyes has urged Manchester United’s fans to keep the faith after a defeat to West Brom that saw a section of the Old Trafford faithful turn on the ­champions.

Moyes’ flops were jeered off after goals by Morgan Amalfitano and Saido Berahino had given the Baggies their first win on United soil in 35 years.

United’s third defeat in six games makes it their worst start to a season since 1989 - and leaves the Premier League champions slumped in mid-table, three points above the relegation zone.

But Moyes came out fighting.

Asked what message he wanted to send to the fans, he said: “Support your team and club. In football, there is no ­guarantee that you are going to win games.

“This is a great club and we have a great team - and the fans can be sure that we will do everything to put this right.

“I am concerned - but only because we aren’t playing well. There’s a lot of games left and it isn’t because of a lack of trying.

“It was a poor performance and a poor result. I can’t argue that West Brom were the better team and deserved their victory.

“After beating Liverpool in midweek, I wanted us to gain some momentum. But we lacked any spark. We had a lot of possession in the first half, but just didn’t create enough chances.”

Moyes and United head to Ukraine to take on Shakhtar Donetsk in the ­Champions League this week.

And Moyes has already warned that the squad he inherited from Sir Alex Ferguson might be the reigning champions of England - but aren’t good enough to conquer Europe.

Moyes said: “To win the Champions League you have to have five or six world-class players.

“If you look at Bayern Munich, they have five or six really ­world-class players, and to win it you might have to have that in your squad.

“Look at Barcelona, who had it in the past, and Real Madrid have maybe got it now.

“That’s the level you have to get at to win it. We’ve not got that yet. What we have got is experience and several players who are in that category or close to it.”

Baggies boss Steve Clarke was without eight players through injury, and then saw Scott Sinclair limp off to be replaced by Berahino after just 13 minutes at Old Trafford.

But Amalfitano put Albion ahead with a sensational solo effort after 54 minutes.

Although Wayne Rooney levelled with a fortuitous free-kick four minutes later, England Under-21 international Berahino won it for the Baggies with a spectacular winner in the 67th minute.

There were some grumblings of discontent among the home fans when he replaced Shinji Kagawa with teenager Adnan Januzaj at half-time after giving the Japanese midfielder a rare run-out.

Moyes added: “I thought Adnan did well when he came on – even if he was a bit nervous at first.

“We wanted Shinji to feel like he’s getting an opportunity to show what he can do.”

Moyes added: “West Brom deserved their win.

“They were well organised at the back and going forward they always carried a threat. What I’m looking for now is a response. We will sort it out.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...hampions-league-chances-2314775#ixzz2gHZQSWdt
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Back
Top Bottom