The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I just got BeIn Sports, switched to Fios. Now I won't be forced to just watch English football on TV now. :smokin

the ol' 1-2 pass then a simple clean finish

Michu
pimp.gif

so I might change TV providers just for footy, what's the best out if I'm looking for EPL UCL and occasional La Liga? first 2 matter the most tho

so I might change TV providers just for footy, what's the best out if I'm looking for EPL UCL and occasional La Liga? first 2 matter the most tho
It depends on who your cable provider is out west. I have Comcast, and the basic package lets me see EPL and UCL. EPL is on NBC Sports so thats local channel 37 for me, the big games get moved to channel 6. UCL is on Fox Sports so that's local channels 39 and 40. Bein sports is a channel that has most of the La Liga games live, I have also seen Ligue 1 and Serie A games streamed live on that channel. I used to have Bein sports, but I believe that channel comes with a premium sports package and it was a pretty penny so yea :rolleyes

This weekend is rather stacked.

West London derby between Chelsea/Fulham as a warmup for Sunday...

-Roma/Lazio
-PSV/Ajax
-City/United
-Milan/Napoli
-PSG/Monaco

:pimp:

:lol: Al Fayed going to be pissed... He was pretty admant about this during the press conference announcing the sale of the team to Kahn...

View media item 583827

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1557612/fulham-michael-jackson-statue-removed?cc=5901

Fulham's Jackson statue to be removed
September 19, 2013
By ESPN staff

The statue of Michael Jackson outside Craven Cottage is set to be removed by former Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed.

Al Fayed, who sold the club to Shahid Khan for £150 million in the summer, had previously stated the statue would remain outside the ground.

"Michael Jackson will stay. He can't go, he is here. It is part of the deal, it is history, it is listed," Al Fayed said. "You can't change otherwise I will come and take [Khan's] moustache in public. He knows that."

However, there has been a change of heart from Al Fayed, and now the Jackson statue will be moving to one of his properties, according to the Daily Mail.

A spokesperson for Fulham said of the statue which was put up in 2011: "The statue is not part of the Riverside development of the stadium and will be returned to the former chairman in due course."

Good. It was so random when he put that up.

The remarkable thing about yesterday's Barca vs Ajax match was that Ajax nullified Barca's midfield for the first half. Ajax did a good job of controlling the ball but just couldn't convert into scoring chances.

Also condolences to Tata on the passing of his father just days before his first CL match I believe. I really like what I've seen from him so far. The bigger stage doesn't seem to effect him at all. It almost seems like he's been there for a while.

Neymar is really working that left side for Barca. I knew he had creativity & vision, but I didn't know he could accelerate like he does. He doesn't need to bulk up, but he does need to work on strength & conditioning to take on the pounding the defenders give him.

I just added the third Barca kit to my son's Christmas list. :D He said he wanted a Neymar shirt...

With Eriksen gone, Ajax isn't the same as they previously were but they shouldn't be underestimated. Even last year they were able to hold their own at times against Real, BVB and City.
I DVR'ed the Barca vs Ajax match. Gonna watch it tomorrow but I'm hoping it was entertaining. So much history between them.

DLo: Sydney Leroux nod of approval.

Fall back, that's my boo

I just got BeIn Sports, switched to Fios. Now I won't be forced to just watch English football on TV now. :smokin

Damn, you done up and switched. I thought we were gonna rep Optimum together fam :\

Yo thanks for the Dortmund pics. The reason I asked for them was because I was trying to figure out if the CL ball was placed under or on top of the puma logo. See I bought the long sleeve one and it came with the patch underneath the puma logo. I emailed the BVB store and they said it was indeed correct. So maybe its just on the long sleeve kits because those pics clearly show the patch on top of the puma logo.

Last edited:
Been missing too much footy :smh: :smh: Gonna have to catch up this weekend

In honor of Riley cooper I'll fight every footy fan in here for Sydney :lol: I should've went to UCLA so we could've had "classes" together :wow: :lol:

Last edited:
Sharing something a little different. Don't watch ESPN that much but was channel surfing to leave something on while I work from home... As a father of a 9 year old that I love & adore dearly, this story really hit home.

http://espn.go.com/espn/e60/story/_/id/9653110/e60-kid-green-cleats

Edit - The youtube vid got marked private so I posted the link to ESPN that has a post & video of the featured story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom