The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Chelsea .......

Mourinho owes me a personal apology for the **** im gonna have to take tomorrow from my friends 
mean.gif

Went to the Barca vs Ajax game today. Watching a UCL game live is beyond words. The atmosphere, the people, the game, everything is just spectacular. The Ajax fans were so dope. The WHOLE game they were standing and cheering for their team, down to the last second and beyond even. Never seen anything like that in person. Will post pics when I get back home next weekend.

I want Celtic to advance over Milan and Ajax. I like Neil Lennon. His club was unfortunate today. Deflected Zapata goal and tremendous save on Balo's FK only to allow a tap-in to Muntari.

Forster played his heart out between the pipes.

Someone posted a pic of it in the jersey thread.. long sleeve too :pimp:

Willian looked awful for the Blues yesterday, almost looked clueless on the pitch. :x :smh: Even sadder is he thought he was getting applause when exiting the game but the crowd was cheering Mata's entrance into the game.

Kinda ironic that he spurned the Gunners & the Spurs to go to Chelsea yet the players they got instead (Ozil & Eriksen) have played phenomenally. :rolleyes

Wasn't sure what to expect with Eto'o given his age & playing in purgatory (albeit getting paid extremely well). He looked ineffective also.

Were the supporters really chanting Anti-Jose remarks? The bright side I guess is that Oscar is continuing to play at a high level.

Messi looked in fine form yesterday. His hat trick brings his total CL goals to 62. He needs 10 more to break Raul's CL record of 71 which barring injury, he should be able to do this campaign. :D

Neymar continues to impress. It's sad however Valdez is playing the best I've seen him play in a while. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

All in all, good opening of the CL (unless you're a Blues or BVB supporter)...

Valdez has definitely been great so far this season. Hope he keeps this up especially with how shaky and sometimes awful our defense is.

Also, Barca's 3rd kit:

1235202_10152012245109305_2133676898_n.jpg

Last edited:
The remarkable thing about yesterday's Barca vs Ajax match was that Ajax nullified Barca's midfield for the first half. Ajax did a good job of controlling the ball but just couldn't convert into scoring chances.

Also condolences to Tata on the passing of his father just days before his first CL match I believe. I really like what I've seen from him so far. The bigger stage doesn't seem to effect him at all. It almost seems like he's been there for a while.

Neymar is really working that left side for Barca. I knew he had creativity & vision, but I didn't know he could accelerate like he does. He doesn't need to bulk up, but he does need to work on strength & conditioning to take on the pounding the defenders give him.

I just added the third Barca kit to my son's Christmas list. :D He said he wanted a Neymar shirt...

Barca kit looks exactly the same as the black kit they had last year. Minus the yellow side panels and the added white Qatar sponsor. They could have done something more.

Last edited:
^ Yeah. I was kind of hoping they'd go with the black with grey pinstripes like the mocks that were posted a few months ago. Still a clean alternative for Barca fans who want low-key jersey though.

:lol: Al Fayed going to be pissed... He was pretty admant about this during the press conference announcing the sale of the team to Kahn...

View media item 583827

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1557612/fulham-michael-jackson-statue-removed?cc=5901

Fulham's Jackson statue to be removed
September 19, 2013
By ESPN staff

The statue of Michael Jackson outside Craven Cottage is set to be removed by former Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed.

Al Fayed, who sold the club to Shahid Khan for £150 million in the summer, had previously stated the statue would remain outside the ground.

"Michael Jackson will stay. He can't go, he is here. It is part of the deal, it is history, it is listed," Al Fayed said. "You can't change otherwise I will come and take [Khan's] moustache in public. He knows that."

However, there has been a change of heart from Al Fayed, and now the Jackson statue will be moving to one of his properties, according to the Daily Mail.

A spokesperson for Fulham said of the statue which was put up in 2011: "The statue is not part of the Riverside development of the stadium and will be returned to the former chairman in due course."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom