The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

If United don't mind paying wages then why won't they just come out and say that they're going to pay Di Maria's full wage instead of pushing Di Maria to take a paycut while PSG aren't allowed to transfer for Di Maria at the moment. They could have Di Maria right now.

But hey 120,000 per week for a 19 year old LB sounds great. :lol:

No doubt the international players are going to get jealous anf might complain.

If United don't mind paying wages then why won't they just come out and say that they're going to pay Di Maria's full wage instead of pushing Di Maria to take a paycut while PSG aren't allowed to transfer for Di Maria at the moment. They could have Di Maria right now.

Player wanted move because psg would match not only his wages but also Cl footie.. Madrid also prefer psg because they will meet their valuation of the player . I love di Maria but 50-60 mil for him on top of those wages seem entirely too much.

i love deco.  its good to see so many great players come out and play in his tribute game.

in other news, pepe cut his hair.  i kinda had a feeling he was getting his coolio on for the hell of it and would clean it up eventually.  it would've been fun to actually see that thing in action.  remember ramos last year in the pre season friendlies had his hair dyed bleach blonde.  and benzema had one side of his head shave and the other half combed over.

BtcW487CIAA_e07.jpg:large

Player wanted move because psg would match not only his wages but also Cl footie.. Madrid also prefer psg because they will meet their valuation of the player . I love di Maria but 50-60 mil for him on top of those wages seem entirely too much.

Yup.

I'm still on the fence about hitting up the RM vs Inter match tomorrow...I don't mind spending the $, I just don't want to see academy players for 90% of the match

I'll probably just check a few hours before the game to see if people are trying to get rid of them on stubhub
im not going. 

found out on thursday night that they were going to stay at hotel shuttuck in berkeley so i took friday off to check it out.  got there around noon, only three other people waiting, stayed like that for a few hours until 4pm 5pm rolled around then more people started showing up, crowd grew to maybe about 125 and eventually hotel security and cops had to section 40 feet off by the entrance to hotel when they finally arrived around 7.   some kid thats been waiting before i even got there tried to make a run a bale but an old *** security guard that travels with the team put a choke hold on him and kicked him to the ground.  kid just laid there sprawled out on the sidewalk, head down crying his eyes out.  and by kid i mean late teens, early twenty and it was his birthday too.  a few minutes later some real madrid official came out and gave him a pin. 
roll.gif

first time actually creeping on a team and im never doing this again.  never camped out for shoes this long, not going to do it for a team again. of course i knew most of the big names werent coming but all i wanted was pepe and coentrao. 

some people i was talking too are pissed they spent hundreds of dollars for this game and nobodys going to be there.  and some still thinks everybody will play

i love deco.  its good to see so many great players come out and play in his tribute game.

in other news, pepe cut his hair.  i kinda had a feeling he was getting his coolio on for the hell of it and would clean it up eventually.  it would've been fun to actually see that thing in action.  remember ramos last year in the pre season friendlies had his hair dyed bleach blonde.  and benzema had one side of his head shave and the other half combed over.
BtcW487CIAA_e07.jpg:large
Can Pepe clean up his attitude and temperament while he's soul-searching for the perfect hairstyle?

Just looked at the RM vs Inter lineup today on RM's website. LAME

The Real Madrid line-up for their debut in the International Champions Cup versus Inter Milan (27 July at 0.10 am Spanish mainland time, 3.10 pm local time) has been announced. The Whites' starting eleven will be: Diego López, Carvajal, Pepe, Nacho, Diego Llorente, Illarra, Medrán, Isco, Lucas Vázquez, Raúl de Tomas and Bale. Jesús, Pacheco, Derik, Omar, Marcos Llorente and Sobrino are on the bench.

I was so hyped when I heard that I'd get to see a big European club 15 mins away from where I live. And then we get this :x

Last edited:
Tickets are pretty cheap for good @#$ seats. Row 3 at midfield going for $130. LOTS of seats available

Last edited:
Johnstone; Jones, Evans, Blackett; Valencia, Cleverley (c), Herrera, James, Welbeck; Mata, Rooney

Last edited:

50-60 mill on top of those wages is too much?

But Luke Shaw isn't? What? :lol:

The way Eiddy was trying to justify paying Luke Shaw made it seem like United shouldn't be tripping about a big transfer fee or wages.

50-60 mill on top of those wages is too much?

But Luke Shaw isn't? What? :lol:

The way Eiddy was trying to justify paying Luke Shaw made it seem like United shouldn't be tripping about a big transfer fee or wages.

United isn't tripping about big transfers and wages.

Di Maria is great at what he does, but he isn't exactly a Vidal/Pogba (a position that United DESPERATELY need right now) hence 50-60m + wages is a bit much for a position United aren't desperate for.

Shaw at 27m (I think it becomes 30 in bonuses), can potentially fill the LB position (which if you know United is another attacking option) for another 10 seasons. A position that is basically vacant right now (Evra aged and finally left, Büttner gone). So yes, United would spend big there, cause they have no option.

There are other options that can fill Di Maria's position, that won't cost 50-60m.

Can United afford 50-60m plus wages on a player? Yes.
Will they spend 50-60m plus wages? Yes. But on a position that is desperately needed.

Back
Top Bottom