The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Yo Coupé It Coupé It , beIN has a friendly featuring players from the 2004 Porto club & the 2006 Barca club playing. Deco is playing the first half with Porto & the second half with Barca... Messi will be playing later on & Ronaldinho is supposed to play also...

Balo to Arsenal was a done deal before the World Cup, performance and attitude turned Wenger off as he had been assured Balo had matured. I haven't seen anything since then to change Wenger's mind so I really doubt this one happens. In good Gooner news Wenger accidentally confirmed Ospina in a ESPN interview earlier.

Yup Balo isnt coming. Arsene made his feelings quite clear during the WC. (And he rarely addresses questions about a specific player)

Last edited:
Wenger: "You know at start Szczensy will be the No1, then again we'll be down to performances & if Ospina shows he is better, he will play."

Not confirmed yet though :lol:

Atletico might be where winger Antoine Griezmann is rumored to end up for €25 million fee... That's tidy business... :smokin

Edit - This deal looks to be done. Transfer fee has been agreed upon. It's being reported the club is negotiating personal terms with Griezmann.

Last edited:
Balo to Arsenal was a done deal before the World Cup, performance and attitude turned Wenger off as he had been assured Balo had matured. I haven't seen anything since then to change Wenger's mind so I really doubt this one happens. In good Gooner news Wenger accidentally confirmed Ospina in a ESPN interview earlier.

Yup Balo isnt coming. Arsene made his feelings quite clear during the WC. (And he rarely addresses questions about a specific player)

You talkin about the same manager who...

...has quashed suggestions that he could move for Tottenham target Santi Cazorla, claiming that he has never heard of the 27-year-old winger.

“I don’t know this guy!” Wenger said.

or the same manager who

...has cooled talk of a deal for Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta.

Asked if there were any truth in the rumours, Wenger simply said: "No."

You never know with Arsene....

^ Yeah that same manager. However after finally shipping out one headache at CF (Bendtner) I dont see him rushing to sign up another nutcase. He has a ton of talent but I dont see Arsene talking on the baggage (Maybe if he's stupid cheap, but even then I dont really see it).

Reliable journo from the BBC reporting that Arsenal are working on signing Chambers from Southampton.
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 54s
Arsenal are working on a deal to sign Southamton defender Calum Chambers. Fee agreed & medical took place on Friday #afc #saintsfc
Poor Southamption. :frown:

Happy with Ospina move if true.

I'll believe Mario comes to us when I see it, but I doubt it'll be at the price of Campbell.

^ Yeah that same manager. However after finally shipping out one headache at CF (Bendtner) I dont see him rushing to sign up another nutcase. He has a ton of talent but I dont see Arsene talking on the baggage (Maybe if he's stupid cheap, but even then I dont really see it).

Reliable journo from the BBC reporting that Arsenal are working on signing Chambers from Southampton.
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 54s
Arsenal are working on a deal to sign Southamton defender Calum Chambers. Fee agreed & medical took place on Friday #afc #saintsfc
Poor Southamption. :frown:

Jay Rodriguez gonna return from injury on some....

View media item 1098048

So final count of NT Gooners goin to tomorrow's game at RBA?

Let's get a group PM so we can link... I'll be coming up tomm bright and early from DC...

+1 :pimp:
I'm so damn stoked. I wish I could have head into some of the events in the city but I had work ftl

Chambers is a great signing. A lot of potential. RB but can also play CB, plus he will count as a HG player.
I guess we won't be getting Schneiderlin, Southampton has sold a lot of players but it would be great if we got him. All we need now is a DM

Last edited:
Adam Lallana has injured his lateral collateral ligament (knee) & out for 6 weeks. He will not require surgery.

Last edited:
Yo Coupé It Coupé It , beIN has a friendly featuring players from the 2004 Porto club & the 2006 Barca club playing. Deco is playing the first half with Porto & the second half with Barca... Messi will be playing later on & Ronaldinho is supposed to play also...

Missed it. Don't even have Bein Sports until La Liga starts.

Mourinho on Shaw
Bta_BFBCMAAOms4.jpg:large

I'm still on the fence about hitting up the RM vs Inter match tomorrow...I don't mind spending the $, I just don't want to see academy players for 90% of the match

I'll probably just check a few hours before the game to see if people are trying to get rid of them on stubhub

Last edited:
Mourinho on Shaw

Mourinho needs to shut up..

It's 120k a week.

Is that high? Yes
Will other players be disgruntled? Doubt it
Is there a new revolution at United that will see it's wages go up because of new players and, inflation? Yes
Does anyone at Manchester United care? No
Why does no one care at United? Cause unlike most of these other clubs Manchester United actually GENERATES it's insane income, and doesn't ask it's sugar daddy to cut a cheque. United can afford these wage increase.

Besides Mou is just talkin out of his #$% as usual trying to stir up controversy.... "How is it possible I play for this club 200 games..."

View media item 1098638
It's a whole new squad, and everyone will be getting paid well. His theory would work, if they were bringing in Shaw at that price and wage during the old guard. You can't be signing 700m jersey deals, and say you can't afford to pay better wages. If you really think that can happen, have a look at the Lonmin mining massacre in South Africa, and tell me how well that worked out for them.

Back
Top Bottom