The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I feel bad for Neuer guys.

Dude worked hard to keep a clean sheet the whole match and the german D went to sleep at the end |I

not raining on the parade...but let's see how he does in the final. brazil was clearly off today...for whatever reason. that said, he did have a helluva game.

today?

lol

its been like this the whole tournament, ain't nothing new. The problem was that many other teams couldn't expose brazil or capitalize on their opportunities, Germany fixed that today.

Last edited:
there's a difference between what we saw from brazil today and the rest of the tournament. as bad as you think they've been for the three weeks, it was 100 times worse today :lol:

Last edited:
there's a difference between what we saw from brazil today and the rest of the tournament. as bad as you think they've been for the three weeks, it was 100 times worse today :lol:
Agreed man, it was a massacre out on that pitch today.

I liked the way one NT'er put it on the other thread, this day will live in infamy in brazil's history.

Crazy!

Still think Neur is the best goalie today.

Yea man, I think Neuer cemented his spot some time ago. Dude just sealed the deal for any doubters.

World class at the bayern, world class for the NT.

I don't think anybody doubted him.... ever.

He's the current GOAT and he looks like he'll stay there for a while.

Great to see my eyes were blessed with today's match.

7/8/2014 never forget.

Last edited:
Speaking of Kroos on Real, great pickup for Madrid. Will add physicality and toughness to the midfield, along with being a great player.

But I'm worried for my boy Isco, he may not make it. I think Isco would be perfect for Barca but that'll never happen.

I'm also surprised Barca didn't go after Kroos, they needed him more than Suarez - Real needed Suarez more than Kroos. I would have liked to see those signings to have happened. But I really don't get wtf Barca are doing these days. It's so odd.

Suarez at Barca is gonna be a disaster IMO. I just don't think he fits their system at all.

not raining on the parade...but let's see how he does in the final. brazil was clearly off today...for whatever reason. that said, he did have a helluva game.
That German midfield will eat against the Argentinian or Dutch mid. In particular Kroos. Don't see great defending/goalkeerping by both teams either to subdue that German attack. Only way I see either team have a chance is playing it at the wings and just outscore the Germans.

Last edited:
What's that mean? I've read about moneylines, but there are so many damn ways that websites quote odds, it's confusing. :lol:

I know the "-1.5" means you have to put down 1.5X to potentially win X (since the team is favored), so you put $1020 at risk to win $680? Thanks in advance, bruh.
@southboston78 What site do you use? I know I asked someone that before but I don't recall who it was

I don't use a site I use local wise guys

The -1.5 is the goal line meaning Germany had to win by 1.5 goals or more and then +680 odds means $100 wins $680 or $200 wins $1360 or $50 wins $340. Understand now?

You know Nike has a point, United shouldn't have that much leverage in negotiations knowing that they're not even in the champions league this year and who knows how United will be without Fergie for the next 10 years. It's not even remotely as safe of a bet as it used to be.

LvG9.gif

NEWS: Adidas ready to sign £750m ten-year kit deal with Manchester United

View media item 1068696
James Ducker Northern Football Correspondent
Last updated at 12:01AM, July 9 2014
Adidas is in pole position to become Manchester United’s new kit supplier after Nike pulled the plug on negotiations yesterday over the club’s huge financial demands.

:nerd:

Last edited:
Mario Mandzukic to Atletico Madrid.

Good signing for Atleti, Will allow them to play the same style of play

Atleti next signing is the Benfica GK Oblak, Should be confirmed in the next few days

Mario Mandzukic to Atletico Madrid.

Happy for Atleti, but man water yew doin Arsene

Also anyone know what Lewa's wages look like, interested in knowing how much of a premium a player gets when they sign for free

SIGNING: Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Mario Pasalic from Hajduk Split. (CFC)

Pasalic is a 19-year-old attack-minded midfielder, who has represented Croatia at Under-21 level and was named in his country’s 30-man provisional World Cup squad.

View media item 1068907

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom