The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Still have hope that France will tie it up. They've had some decent chances. Especially in the latter stages of that first half.

Interest in the World Cup immediately dropped off once the US was knocked out it seems, damn.
Are you really surprised?

I think the media was asking, rhetorically, "Americans have no interest in soccer?!" and then producing impressive ratings figures for their past few matches... but the key was always gonna be what those figures were after they were eliminated and if they were gonna watch the other matches.  

Are you really surprised?

I think the media was asking, rhetorically, "Americans have no interest in soccer?!" and then producing impressive ratings figures for their past few matches... but the key was always gonna be what those figures were after they were eliminated and if they were gonna watch the other matches.  

I'm surprised the drop off was so sudden, I expected some to try to stick around but seems none have. Doesn't really matter but interesting.

thank god. I wasted so many beers spilling them on broads, who keep telling me Clint Dempsey is better than Ronaldo after that Portugal game. 

Yea. All the dumb @#$, American bandwagon "experts" are finally gone

Last edited:
know what i noticed though? the US is literally the only team this year who wasnt flopping or rolling around on the ground after every challenge.

late vs belgium when they were bombing the box I kept saying they should just flop but nobody once did whereas i bet everyone would have.

know what i noticed though? the US is literally the only team this year who wasnt flopping or rolling around on the ground after every challenge.

late vs belgium when they were bombing the box I kept saying they should just flop but nobody once did whereas i bet everyone would have.

We should have done that too maybe we could have won :rolleyes

germany's playing so dirty right now.

Griezmann is breaking them legs.

Hummels has been really good so far. Dudes slides have saved many crosses inside the box.

Schurrle is kicking the ball without any power, the **** is he thinking right now?

I don't think Germany is playing dirty at all. They're playing good physical football. Although not today, the French play pretty dirty...

Except for Valbuena, France has been playing pretty listlessly...

Last edited:
I'm surprised the drop off was so sudden, I expected some to try to stick around but seems none have. Doesn't really matter but interesting.
The drop-off... are you referring specifically to this GER-FRA match?  Cuz if so, that kinda says a lot... I mean, had it been say (respectfully) Algeria vs Iran, then I guess I can understand the drop-off.  But, while this match hasn't been the best, GER-FRA are still European football "powerhouses".  

Nothing wrong with a bit of patriotic support... but like most of you, just don't care for those "experts".  

Back
Top Bottom