The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Happy to see my parents homeland, germany, advance! Tgough, I think I'm even more excited for this Colombia brasil game

Germany :pimp:
My bracket looking better :lol:
I think this next game might be a blowout. Either Brazil or Colombia might be exposed, just have a feeling. I would love to see a tight entertaining match tho

Les Bleus deserved to lose. They looked ready to go on holiday before their club campaigns... Valbuena is only French player that played with any heart...

^I think Griezman had a nice game. Valbuena and Griezman were my two favorite Frenchmen to watch. Disappointed at Pogba a little, he was ghost at times.

Well there goes half my favorite players list, sent home with no effort :lol:

Valbuena was all over the place....smallest guy on the field and the most noticeable.

Benz had a nice chance near the end but didn't convert.

Schurrle with an easy attempt, so easy he kicked it with no power.

Griezman looked ok in spurts, but was ghost for long periods... I think France did better than expected though especially losing Ribery before the tournament.

Les Bleus deserved to lose. They looked ready to go on holiday before their club campaigns... Valbuena is only French player that played with any heart...
I beg you pardon ???

France was good and close to score a goal.

Our fortune was the presence of Neuer and Hummels.

I'm happy that we are in the semifinals but I have to admit

France played partially better than us.

I beg you pardon ???

hummels clearly pushed off on his goal too...

Cheers Vida...

Nemanja+Vidic+FC+Internazionale+Training+Session+B6nWvbmoRwRx.jpg

I beg you pardon ???

You can call it fortune, or great defense by one of the worlds best CBs and Keeper. Germany had better passes, possession and controlled midfield better than Les Bleus. Both teams were capable of more, but the difference was the set piece by Kroos and Hummels.

I beg you pardon ???

hummels clearly pushed off on his goal too...

2 CBs going head to head in the box in a WC knockout match.

If Varane let himself get *****ed like that in a Madrid uniform I'd be tight.

The drop-off... are you referring specifically to this GER-FRA match?  Cuz if so, that kinda says a lot... I mean, had it been say (respectfully) Algeria vs Iran, then I guess I can understand the drop-off.  But, while this match hasn't been the best, GER-FRA are still European football "powerhouses".  

Nothing wrong with a bit of patriotic support... but like most of you, just don't care for those "experts".  

Yes the GER-FRA match showed a significant drop off but it doesn't matter in the end. As long as you enjoy football, you'll enjoy the world cup whether your country was knocked out or not even in to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom