The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I never thought I'd see the day where Mesut Ozil would leave Real Madrid. I can't believe that day is today.

And someday soon he will go to Barca or Bayern, the former would be re-living the nightmare. Completely gutted, bruhs.

Saw potentially happening one day, just always thought he'd go to Bundesliga at Bayern or Dortmund.

"Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?”
— Zinedine Zidane after Makelele was sold and Beckham was brought

Applies today as well....Something has to be said about how UN-succesful madrid have been under Perez. Why they continue to let him spend is beyond me

Luis Suarez after landing in Uruguay this aft: "I closed this subject a while ago. I have already taken the decision to stay at Liverpool."

RT @SkySportsNews: Developing: Ozil announcement expected this hour, Arsenal fans! #SkyDeadlineDay

DONE DEAL: Toby Alderweireld joins… Atletico Madrid from Ajax. Spurns a lot of other offers from England.

"Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?”
— Zinedine Zidane after Makelele was sold and Beckham was brought

Applies today as well....Something has to be said about how UN-succesful madrid have been under Perez. Why they continue to let him spend is beyond me

Will be hella awkward if they're knocked out of CL to someone like Dortmund...

Ozil :smokin :smokin I had to step out for an hour to run errands but is Arsenal still trying to get Ba on loan?

Job well done to Tottenham for extracting all that money from Madrid..
No way Bale is worth that much..

And I have no idea why Arsenal fans are excited about Ozil..

Are we underrating Ozil now? Ozil is a premier talent. Any time you can add that to your squad, you should be excited. He was a key part of Madrid's offense, assist leader for the last 3 seasons.

He's far from the solution to their problems, but when a player like him comes along, you snap them up.

He's very clever, quick, great with assists, and very experienced.

You don't even need to pull up his stats to see why any club would want him.

Even with our beloved and under used Sammurai at United, I would celebrate the signing of Ozil ifhe came to United.

I still don't get why spurs didnt include Özil in the deal

Wait wut?? Have you ever watched Real Madrid or Germany play? Cuz if you have then I don't see how you can make that statement with a straight face :lol: yeah he's not the cure all but dude is an incredible talent, makes the midfield even stronger and with him and Santi feeding balls in, Olivier may net 20+. Check his counting stats and compare them to Iniesta...not saying he's better but Ozil is a world class player man

Last edited:
I still don't get why spurs didnt include Özil in the deal

Truth be told, I think the Bale deal has been on the table for a minute, and the past few weeks have just been final adjustments. But Ozil wanting to leave must has come after this weekend, if you watched Madrid, the way Isco was beasting with Ronaldo, I think Ozil knew his time of full 90s was up. But at that point, it was too late for Spurs to rock the boat by including Ozil.

The real question is how could Moyes 'not be interested at all' in Ozil, when he could have bought him, traded Rooney and cash for Mata, and solved all of his problems in one short weekend. Oh wait, he wants Baines to take his pens and FKs over Rooney and RVP. :stoneface:

Last edited:
RT @FOXSoccer: Report: Tottenham have joined West Ham and Arsenal in the chase for a loan move for Demba Ba

RT @FOXSoccer: Report: AS (the Spanish newspaper) reports un-named Manchester United representatives are in Spain trying to force through the Herrera deal.

Truth be told, I think the Bale deal has been on the table for a minute, and the past few weeks have just been final adjustments. But Ozil wanting to leave must has come after this weekend, if you watched Madrid, the way Isco was beasting with Ronaldo, I think Ozil knew his time of full 90s was up. But at that point, it was too late for Spurs to rock the boat by including Ozil.

The real question is how could Moyes 'not be interested at all' in Ozil, when he could have bought him, traded Rooney and cash for Mata, and solved all of his problems in one short weekend. Oh wait, he wants Baines to take his pens and FKs over Rooney and RVP.
indifferent.gif
On point with everything. Two world class midfielders available in their early prime and we don't want any to do with them. 

The real question is how could Moyes 'not be interested at all' in Ozil, when he could have bought him, traded Rooney and cash for Mata, and solved all of his problems in one short weekend. Oh wait, he wants Baines to take his pens and FKs over Rooney and RVP. :stoneface:
On point with everything. Two world class midfielders available in their early prime and we don't want any to do with them. 

Instead he is 'happy with how we played" at Anfield and would be fine if no one was signed.
I mean, in his mind, Giggs is still 23 and only getting better, Anderson still has the potential to be the next Ronaldinho, and Nani will surely eclipse Ronaldo.

I don't have an issue with Moyes' lack of trophies, I do however take issue with Moyes not having that trademark i would kill someone and hide their body if it meant us winning drive. United deserves nothing less from a manager...

Back
Top Bottom