The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

HS reunion last night. IMG_1130.jpeg

Now that I look at it, the Date Just looks off. Rolex experts what do you think?

The Reese's peanut butter cup bezel is extra bad. It's a super cheap fake.

i went to check it out on their website and saw "37" and kind of perked up, i thought it was going to be 37mm but it turned out to be just the 37th anniversary... who tf celebrates 37th year? :lol:

anyways, omega knows everyones waiting for the black version james bond was wearing and its actually has a smaller case

Snagged a Smiths PRS-48 (a re-creation of the original Mk XI produced for the British Ministry of Defence by IWC and JLC). I really like pilot’s watches and this design is what IWC’s Mark series has been based on ever since. Loving the vintage size and dial, and it’s gotta be some of the best bang for your buck in all of watches.

IMG_2564.jpeg

Bonus - Great grandfather and great grandson
IMG_2562.jpeg

where did you buy?

was trying to get the everests (explorer variant) but its worst than the snkrs app, almost impossible

I've purchased off the Smiths (Timefactors) site before and my old sneaker release skills definitely came in handy :lol:

I got this one secondhand off of Reddit though. I've seen a number of the Everests pop up there, but they generally sell fairly quickly there as well.

I have a friend who got an Everest (direct from the TF site) and loved it but had issues with the clasp being sharp. Ironically he ended up with this PRS-48 Navigator as well.

I'm considering the SuperOcean 36 A17377211A1S1 in white, but I'm unsure about how the band will hold up with daily wear. Does anyone have experience with a white band watch?

Anybody has experience with the SuperOcean? Is it a heavy watch?

I'm considering the SuperOcean 36 A17377211A1S1 in white, but I'm unsure about how the band will hold up with daily wear. Does anyone have experience with a white band watch?

Anybody has experience with the SuperOcean? Is it a heavy watch?

the rubber band should be fine for daily wear, the white band might get dirty or stained eventually but it snapping shouldnt be an issue at all especially breitling, their rubber bands tends to be thick and durable and theyve been using it on their watches for decades

but i always suggest getting the watch on a bracelet as its cheaper to get a rubber band from other manufacturers, also you may be able to talk your AD to give you a set of rubber bands for free, depends how well you haggle

its also a pretty light watch, i really dig the 36mm, it fits well and like the tiffany blue, the green bronze was just too big but the color is kinda nice too
IMG_1990.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg

not realted to that question but i got invited to check out omega olympics watches and got some free pins for it (im a sucker for freebies :lol: )

the ck859 bronze golds amazing but i was hoping the SA would surprise me with the new seamaster reveal but nah, she just kept teasing me with it… also inquired about the snoopy again but they simpyl arent budging unless i buy something else so i was like whatever

also good to hear that they claim they fulfilled all the white speedy requests and she said they do have em in stock in the back if i was interested but for some reason they dont want to display em and just sell em to people just browsing around which is weird or maybe they just want to make the customer feel special? if they bring it from the back and says “heres something new and rare and we dont display em but you can have em” might just push them to buy due to fomo
IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_6949.jpeg

DD is a sexy watch.

Need to try on the white speedy next time at the AD. Between that and trying to eventually get a panda one day for a white dial chronograph. If it fits well, I could see myself going with the white speedy in the future.

DD is a sexy watch.

Need to try on the white speedy next time at the AD. Between that and trying to eventually get a panda one day for a white dial chronograph. If it fits well, I could see myself going with the white speedy in the future.

There’s no real comparison between a panda Daytona and white Speedy imo. If you only have $8k or are wanting a watch right now, I can see going with the Speedy but if you’ve got the $15k and ability to get a Daytona expeditiously, I can’t see choosing the Speedy.

Daytona proportions are too perfect.

part of my love with watches is how they are able to create these small mechanical marvels to tell time so any accomplishments as such i am very impressed by

also why id love to own one of them but the most realistic one if the octofinissimo and i am still waiting for them to make one in ~38mm size

Back
Top Bottom