The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

this is nice, got me lurkin burberry's website 
nerd.gif

Dont do it, if you really want it that bad i have seen them for half the price online

Link? :nerd:

That Burberry piece is nice. I tried on the gold one and gunmetal one before, but for some reason it didn't look/feel right on my wrist.. Probably all just in my head haha :\

Movado piece posted is nice too. Been considering picking one up for a minute now too.

I'm cheap (and broke (not really i'm just saving most my money to buy a house ))

What are some nice but affordable wrist wear?

Where is a good place to buy some watch bands? I want a new leather or even NATO band for one of my casio watches.

Does anyone here have a paracord band on their watch? I saw a dude at my office rocking one, it looked so-so. Thinking about putting one on my beater watch just because it's different..

Which one would you get Seiko snzf17 or Orient Mako XI ? Really torn on the two

I like the mako over the seiko.

I also went ahead and ordered the Orient pilot watch I asked about a few days ago. Should be in my possession mid week. I'm already thinking I may switch out the brown band for a nice tan one. Gotta look around to see what's out there.

I also went ahead and ordered the Orient pilot watch I asked about a few days ago. Should be in my possession mid week. I'm already thinking I may switch out the brown band for a nice tan one. Gotta look around to see what's out there.

Any particular reason for preference ?

Any particular reason for preference ?

Well I just googled each quickly to see what they looked like so I picked the mako solely from the way it looked. I just think the face layout is a little more of a clean look

Been looking at shinola watches for a minute. Clean design. American made.

I think you meant American Assembeled not Made because I don't think they make their own movements or even most of their parts. If you want a real American Made watch get something from Bulova or Hamilton during the Mad Men era.

Just picked up these two.

A Marathon General Purpose Mechanical (black) and a Maratac Mid-Sized Pilot. I can't believe I already scratched the bezel on the Maratac putting on the zulu strap :frown:

GBRL5798.jpg by gbrldz, on Flickr

A Marathon General Purpose Mechanical (black) and a Maratac Mid-Sized Pilot. I can't believe I already scratched the bezel on the Maratac putting on the zulu strap :frown:

You grabbed those during the Memorial Day sale? I had my eyes on the 2012 mid pilot also but it had already went back to regular price.

^Yep! I love it so far. I would say the 2012 is better than the 2013. Much cleaner.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the black one?..Very nice looking piece..

^ I've heard of them. I haven't owned one though. Ive heard mixed reviews about them. I mean most of the pieces are $75 - $100 so you can't really go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom