The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Yooooo. I'm looking to purchase a watch with the max price being about $550.

I was looking towards a Tissot PRC200. As for suggestions, just throw whatever out there. I want to hear of your favorites. Doesn't matter what. I'm especially interested in divers and military, though. Also, I would like to put a Nato or Zulu strap on it.

Last edited:
Just bought a seiko skx007 and did a couple mods. I think I'll probably do a couple more as well. It's a great watch, because it's so versatile and also customizable. Here's mine as it stands right now..

View media item 970997
They look great on Zulu/NATO as well.

Last edited:
Follow GQ on IG, they post some cool looking watches and new brands.

View media item 971360

I was looking towards a Tissot PRC200. As for suggestions, just throw whatever out there. I want to hear of your favorites. Doesn't matter what. I'm especially interested in divers and military, though. Also, I would like to put a Nato or Zulu strap on it.

Check out TSOVET.

That's the beauty of this watch IMO. Some people prefer the stock look (which is also very nice), while others prefer to make it their own. I love how you can customize just about every aspect. Of course, each mod is not going to be for everyone, but I couldn't be happier with my purchase. In fact, I'm already planning my next 2-3 mods.

I posted a bunch of my favorites in the second post in this thread.

Hamilton is my favorite for military inspired watches at that price point with the khaki king with bracelet as my favorite in my collection due to its versatility with straps.

For divers, I recommend either Citizen or Seiko divers in that price range like the 007/009, sumo, monster, excalibur, etc.

Nighthawk. Really hard to get a better watch for more the same price. The integrated lugs kill the Seiko for me.

Square watches. 
sick.gif

Hey are any of you guys familiar with Orient watches? I'm interested in this watch but I've found 2 versions for sale online. I'm trying to figure out the differences between the two. They look exactly the same and I believe the same specs but one is twice the price. Reps to anyone that can figure this out for me.

View media item 998057

Orient watches are highly recommended, right along with Seiko and Citizen. I actually listed this watch in the second post as it is well liked from many reviews. Looking at the pictures and specs, they are the same watch with the only difference being that Amazon is listing at its MSRP. Go with the cheaper option @ $150, longislandwatches is legit and I heard great things from their customer service.

Hey are any of you guys familiar with Orient watches? I'm interested in this watch but I've found 2 versions for sale online. I'm trying to figure out the differences between the two. They look exactly the same and I believe the same specs but one is twice the price. Reps to anyone that can figure this out for me.

$149
http://amzn.com/B00AI1OOXA

$295
http://amzn.com/B00I364MM0

View media item 998057

I might pick up the Mako in the future and swap out the strap with a NATO one. Looks real clean.

bondnatobw.jpg

onbondnato.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom