the thread about nothing...

I was chilling near this family/tourists? of 7 that was eating their Japanese mochi in SF Japantown. This lady came up to them while her husband stood a couple feet back and she asked them what they were. One of them responded “They’re Japanese mochis, we got it at that store”. The lady then asked the person that responded if she could have one to try as if they were giving out free samples. I can’t believe some people are so bold and cheap to straight up ask when they’re not homeless. Go use your $2 and buy one.

Did the person eating the mochis give one to the lady?

What is that?
It’s a Filipino grocery store.

I meant to only get stuff I needed to make for dinner and then another dish for the weekend but then I started thinking I don’t go here too often so all of a sudden my list just kept getting bigger and bigger. :smh: :smh: :smh:

It’s a Filipino grocery store.

I meant to only get stuff I needed to make for dinner and then another dish for the weekend but then I started thinking I don’t go here too often so all of a sudden my list just kept getting bigger and bigger. :smh: :smh: :smh:
If it's food and most of it is not junk, then it's justified. Better than spending it on a pair or shoes or clothes that you'll barely wear.

I was chilling near this family/tourists? of 7 that was eating their Japanese mochi in SF Japantown. This lady came up to them while her husband stood a couple feet back and she asked them what they were. One of them responded “They’re Japanese mochis, we got it at that store”. The lady then asked the person that responded if she could have one to try as if they were giving out free samples. I can’t believe some people are so bold and cheap to straight up ask when they’re not homeless. Go use your $2 and buy one.

I got 2 stories.
One time we were in Seattle and found Mangosteen. It was $17.99 a pound. We asked to buy two. As we cracked one open a disabled lady in a wheel chair asked us what it was. We offered her some and she took a piece. Another lady saw us giving her a piece and said whats that. We told her it's Mangosteen. She looked at the fruit, looked at the sign, looked at the fruit again, looked at us. We told her you can buy some here its really good lol The man selling them saw everything and gave us a 3rd one for free.

Another time.
I was in japantown in SF and we were super hungry. We walked into this tourist sushi spot. They had a sign for a dish called the superbowl for $9.95. I decided to order that. The bowl was low key weak but i figured it was a tourist spot so what can we do. When i get the bill it comes out to $19.95, i cal the waiter over and tell them they charged me wrong. He brings over the sign, naw its $19.95. Im like, NO, it says $9.95. He looks at it closer, brings over a sharpie, puts another 1 in front of the 9. "No, its suppposed to be $19.95. They just have bad handwritting". lol Still got charged the 20 lol

I got 2 stories.
One time we were in Seattle and found Mangosteen. It was $17.99 a pound. We asked to buy two. As we cracked one open a disabled lady in a wheel chair asked us what it was. We offered her some and she took a piece. Another lady saw us giving her a piece and said whats that. We told her it's Mangosteen. She looked at the fruit, looked at the sign, looked at the fruit again, looked at us. We told her you can buy some here its really good lol The man selling them saw everything and gave us a 3rd one for free.

Another time.
I was in japantown in SF and we were super hungry. We walked into this tourist sushi spot. They had a sign for a dish called the superbowl for $9.95. I decided to order that. The bowl was low key weak but i figured it was a tourist spot so what can we do. When i get the bill it comes out to $19.95, i cal the waiter over and tell them they charged me wrong. He brings over the sign, naw its $19.95. Im like, NO, it says $9.95. He looks at it closer, brings over a sharpie, puts another 1 in front of the 9. "No, its suppposed to be $19.95. They just have bad handwritting". lol Still got charged the 20 lol
Haha that sushi place finessed you. You shouldn’t have paid that $19.95, just the $9.95. If they did that on purpose I hope they’re no longer in business for practicing shady business.

Last edited by a moderator:
A4DAE322-EEC9-4B60-BE82-BC46B2C85D8D.jpeg

Change topic, rap game Bernard Hopkins
If I was WOOD........
Ya still couldn’t knock me

She did not. She just told her she could buy it there. That couple definitely wasn’t poor. They’re dressed normal and looked normal.
I have mixed experiences on this topic or situation. So I don't really have a strong opinion either way. It's open-ended and there isn't really an etiquette. I personally do not like to ask people for stuff especially food and generally would like the same courtesy from others.

About 8 years ago, I went out to eat with a group of friends. One of my friends brought his "fling" along (she did not know of course) and this was my first time meeting her. So I happened to sit next to her. Our food came out and everyone started to pig out. I thought her dish looked interesting so I asked if it's good and what it tastes like. She offered me some and I declined, because I thought it was the polite thing to do. I could tell my response rubbed her the wrong way.

Twelve years ago, I brought a box of Chinese takeout from a place that was a 12 minute walk from my dorm room. My roommate was a sheltered kid who was randomly assigned to me. He wasn't filthy rich, but he grew up living comfortably. He saw me eating my food and was curious so he asked me if he could try some. I obliged even though in the back of my mind I was thinking WTF. He picked up a piece of chow fun, chewed it, and responded by saying "this is pretty good". Then a few minutes later he asked for another piece.

More recently at a food court, I saw a man with a couple kids approach some guy holding a bag of baked goods. The man with kids asked what it was and where he got it from. The other guy offered to give him some and the man with kids declined his offer and said he will go buy some.

Around 2005-2006 there was this fruit flavored fizzy gum that existed for a brief period of time. I was at Rite Aid and noticed they were on sale. So I cleaned out their remaining stock, it was around 10 packs. The cashier ringing me up asked me for a piece and I obliged.

Every now and then a cashier at the grocery store would ask me about something I am buying (have I tried it before or is it good?). Now that I think about it they might have been hinting for me to offer it to them.

Last edited:
I have mixed experiences on this topic or situation. So I don't really have a strong opinion either way. It's open-ended and there isn't really an etiquette. I personally do not like to ask people for stuff especially food and generally would like the same courtesy from others.

About 8 years ago, I went out to eat with a group of friends. One of my friends brought his "fling" along (she did not know of course) and this was my first time meeting her. So I happened to sit next to her. Our food came out and everyone started to pig out. I thought her dish looked interesting so I asked if it's good and what it tastes like. She offered me some and I denied it, because I thought it was the polite thing to do. I could tell my response rubbed her the wrong way.

Twelve years ago, I brought a box of Chinese takeout from a place that was a 12 minute walk from my dorm room. My roommate was a sheltered kid who was randomly assigned to me. He was filthy rich, but he grew up living comfortably. He saw me eating my food and was curious so he asked me if he could try some. I obliged even though in the back of my mind I was thinking WTF. He picked up a piece of chow fun, chewed it, and responded by saying "this is pretty good". Then a few minutes later he asked for another piece.

More recently at a food court, I saw a man with a couple kids approach some guy holding a bag of baked goods. The man with kids asked what it was and where he got it from. The other guy offered to give him some and the man with kids denied his offer and said he will go buy some.

Around 2005-2006 there was this fruit flavored fizzy gum that existed for a brief period of time. I was at Rite Aid and noticed they were on sale. So I cleaned out their remaining stock, it was around 10 packs. The cashier ringing me up asked me for a piece and I obliged.

Every now and then a cashier at the grocery store would ask me about something I am buying (have I tried it before or is it good?). Now that I think about it they might have been hinting for me to offer it to them.
You have a lot of these encounters.

With your friend’s fling, what did she do or act to make you feel like you rubbed her the wrong way after declining her off?

I think it’s not professional of those cashiers to be asking for it. They’re working and it’s not like they can’t afford a pack of gum.

I think I would’ve done the same thing in all of your encounters. I do hate being asked or ask others for food. Unless you’re really close to me then I don’t mind sharing. But if I feel you’re just a stingy **** then I’ll get annoyed. If it’s a homeless person then it doesn’t really bother me as much just cuz I know they’re going through some hard times, then I’ll spare them a couple bucks if I have some on me or whatever change I got. Even with that it depends on how they ask, some are just rude and expect you to give it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were more, but these just happened to be the ones that stood out and pertained to the matter at hand.
You must have some really good memory. Were you really good in school? Not just based on what you just told us, but some of your other posts it seems like you remember a lot from the past.

You have a lot of these encounters.

With your friend’s fling, what did she do or act to make you feel like you rubbed her the wrong way after declining her off?

I think it’s not professional of those cashiers to be asking for it. They’re working and it’s not like they can’t afford a pack of gum.

I think I would’ve done the same thing in all of your encounters. I do hate being asked or ask others for food. Unless you’re really close to me then I don’t mind sharing. But if I feel you’re just a stingy **** then I’ll get annoyed. If it’s a homeless person then it doesn’t really bother me as much just cuz I know they’re going through some hard times, then I’ll spare them a couple bucks if I have some on me or whatever change I got. Even with that it depends on how they ask, some are just rude and expect you to give it.
Well she kind of went silent and did a blank stare and I could tell in her head she did a side eye. Later when someone else at the table made a joke about me, she giggled. It was an inside joke that was friendly but she wouldn't have known and definitely overreacted.

Back
Top Bottom