the thread about nothing...

What he said adds to me not liking him as a person, I respect his game though. I like how he appears to be a deep thinker, and while he's certainly no dummy, he's not as deep as he appears.
I don't know him personally but he def would have been better off biting his tongue in this situation. At the same time he is definitely entitled to his own opinion...unfortunately he didn't come across as educated as some would think...
See, the thing about Kobe is this, his entire career, whenever asked about social issues, he's always skirted giving a real opinion and gave the bland athlete answer. Now, since retirement is near, and he's moving into transitioning into that, he's speaking out more. Then on top of that, he says something that's a little left field. Now, if he has been speaking his mind his entire career, then people would just take it as Kobe speaking his mind. But you can't go from not having and opinion, to giving an opinion and seeming ignorant. You can, but expect backlash.

damn, the nice little thread backfire that went bump in the night....
mean.gif

I agree that he doesn't have to "jump to anybody's defense" based on race, but this was something that people knew was wrong. For him to say it in that way, for this situation just seemed off putting. Dude is my favorite athlete ever, but at the same time that doesn't excuse what I thought was wrong. This was a child, first n foremost, that was murdered by an overzealous neighborhood watchman. If that doesn't cause a reaction, I don't know what will. He didn't have to take it to where the Heat did, but to say he didn't have a reaction just comes off as BS. Also, like he doesn't know how race plays into things in America? C'mon son. He lives in LA, he has to at least know the type of racism there, even if he does own the town. He came off as either ignorant, disconnected, or both. I don't know which is worse kuz the fans that look up to him, in this city, are predominantly black n brown n they experience this stuff daily. I know I do. I just expected more kuz he genuinely seems intelligent.

beh235 beh235 I'm guessing that realization of retirement is looming on him and he's trying to stay relivent...anyways I'm done for the night..this moscato has got the best of me :lol: :smh:

I agree that he doesn't have to "jump to anybody's defense" based on race, but this was something that people knew was wrong. For him to say it in that way, for this situation just seemed off putting. Dude is my favorite athlete ever, but at the same time that doesn't excuse what I thought was wrong. This was a child, first n foremost, that was murdered by an overzealous neighborhood watchman. If that doesn't cause a reaction, I don't know what will. He didn't have to take it to where the Heat did, but to say he didn't have a reaction just comes off as BS. Also, like he doesn't know how race plays into things in America? C'mon son. He lives in LA, he has to at least know the type of racism there, even if he does own the town. He came off as either ignorant, disconnected, or both. I don't know which is worse kuz the fans that look up to him, in this city, are predominantly black n brown n they experience this stuff daily. I know I do. I just expected more kuz he genuinely seems intelligent.
He was def way off base, but then again Kobe was always a weird cat from the jump. You're right, if nothing else as a parent she should have been upset. But nah, he wants to be Mr. Global brand and make it seem like it's not a race issue. I would love for him to have a conversation with Paul Mooney 
laugh.gif

@beh235 I'm guessing that realization of retirement is looming on him and he's trying to stay relivent...anyways I'm done for the night..this moscato has got the best of me
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Peace man

He was def way off base, but then again Kobe was always a weird cat from the jump. You're right, if nothing else as a parent she should have been upset. But nah, he wants to be Mr. Global brand and make it seem like it's not a race issue. I would love for him to have a conversation with Paul Mooney 
laugh.gif
Yup, n that's the worst part. It's cool to be about your business, but at least show some humanity. Oh well, we ain't all built the same. N stop feeding that troll in the DC Thread, it has potential n you n @RIP sleazyy  need to just not argue with fools. 

Ignorants gon' ingnorance 

Passed out watching the game and woke up to my dog laying on my pillow, snoring two inches from my face. 
laugh.gif

Discussing criminal activities in this thread is a great way to get it locked and to get yourself banned from our forums.

I expect better from our regulars than to encourage such a thing. 

Back
Top Bottom