the thread about nothing...

yeah, well i started school. i have to go back and finish, i'm not in school anymore. i don't need the school at this point but i want to finish just because i'm almost done. one semester left.

I just watched last weeks Office..... what the hell happened at the end 
eek.gif
  I'm shook

yeah, well i started school. i have to go back and finish, i'm not in school anymore. i don't need the school at this point but i want to finish just because i'm almost done. one semester left.

i want a hands on skill because i think a college degree is useless or becoming useless word to the PHDs on foodstamps. even i know that my field all about pushing paper and stats around. wanted to be a mechanic but once i looked at their statistics at lincoln tech i was just :smh: how people would sign up when the salary isnt even good. then i looked into farming and ive seriously considered farming and being a chef. il prob do both. not sure if il do it when im still in queens college or not.

Guys...Wish me luck please :frown:...

I need to crash all my classes...If I get them and pass, it'll be my last semester in college.

She's really quiet in class which makes it hard for me to talk to her. I've seen her waiting in class like fifteen minutes before it starts so I'm going to start getting to class really early.
i've always had a thing for girls who are quiet & geeky which also makes it hard to get through them so i know that feel 
laugh.gif

show up early one day and spark a convo, she won't feel weird if it's only the two of you

She's really quiet in class which makes it hard for me to talk to her. I've seen her waiting in class like fifteen minutes before it starts so I'm going to start getting to class really early.
i've always had a thing for girls who are quiet & geeky which also makes it hard to get through them so i know that feel 
laugh.gif

show up early one day and spark a convo, she won't feel weird if it's only the two of you

does she go on her phone a lot?

I don't like this whole press/media thing The Wire is doing in season 5

i want a hands on skill because i think a college degree is useless or becoming useless word to the PHDs on foodstamps. even i know that my field all about pushing paper and stats around. wanted to be a mechanic but once i looked at their statistics at lincoln tech i was just :smh: how people would sign up when the salary isnt even good. then i looked into farming and ive seriously considered farming and being a chef. il prob do both. not sure if il do it when im still in queens college or not.

to be honest, school isn't necessary for this either. if you get in the right restaurant, a scratch kitchen you'll learn alot. how to make stocks and everything is important. school is good though because unless you know people it will be hard to land a job with no experience and you do learn alot in school. i'd have no idea how to make bread from scratch unless it were for school and many other things i learned there too.

DON'T go to cordon bleu or art institute. they charge culinary institute of america prices for no reason. you cant get a better education at a community college with a good program. just gotta find which one has a good culinary program.

i agree, getting a degree isn't gonna make you money automatically. i work with servers who have their masters but make better money serving. the goal is to own something of your own one day.

as far as owning a farm and a restaurant. if you're putting out good food you'd kill it. that's the craze now is local food man. you'd be busy as hell but it would go well if approached right. we have a restaurant here called heartland. it's across from one of the farmers markets and he gets alot of food from there so the menu changes daily. he's one of the most successful guys around.

laugh.gif

There's always a couple of people waiting, but she's almost always alone. Like leaning up against the wall far away from the door.

She's recognized me because on the first days of classes she looks like she wants to say something to me and then she changes her mind. This happened earlier this quarter and last quarter.

I don't know about her in class since I don't know where she sits.

Why would it matter?

I hate looking at old threads. Makes me think of the times and how I was and how things have changed since those days 
embarassed.gif
frown.gif

to be honest, school isn't necessary for this either. if you get in the right restaurant, a scratch kitchen you'll learn alot. how to make stocks and everything is important. school is good though because unless you know people it will be hard to land a job with no experience and you do learn alot in school. i'd have no idea how to make bread from scratch unless it were for school and many other things i learned there too.

DON'T go to cordon bleu or art institute. they charge culinary institute of america prices for no reason. you cant get a better education at a community college with a good program. just gotta find which one has a good culinary program.

i agree, getting a degree isn't gonna make you money automatically. i work with servers who have their masters but make better money serving. the goal is to own something of your own one day.

as far as owning a farm and a restaurant. if you're putting out good food you'd kill it. that's the craze now is local food man. you'd be busy as hell but it would go well if approached right. we have a restaurant here called heartland. it's across from one of the farmers markets and he gets alot of food from there so the menu changes daily. he's one of the most successful guys around.

yea i feel like we gotta PAY to learn now instead of apprenticeship that business owners had and was willing to take in. im guessing its the liability purposes for most fields that they wont do that?

my plan was to bring latin food to hong kong because we have similar tastes.

there was a guy in brooklyn that sold his pizzeria recently and moved to hong kong in 09. im guessing because he got scared with the financial crisis and what not. dude speaks no cantonese or mandarin AT ALL and opens up a chain of pizzerias there cause its that freaking successful. now im on the business fanpage and i see dude driving a panamera and some other exotic car. this is a country where buying a 3 series would cost you around 300k USD! dudes expanding to singapore and china now like damn. wish i thought of it cause pizza hut was the monopoly there, they needed some competition.

laugh.gif

There's always a couple of people waiting, but she's almost always alone. Like leaning up against the wall far away from the door.

She's recognized me because on the first days of classes she looks like she wants to say something to me and then she changes her mind. This happened earlier this quarter and last quarter.

I don't know about her in class since I don't know where she sits.

Why would it matter?

asking cause she might be texting her man. i do that a lot when im in class.

Back
Top Bottom