the thread about nothing...

A little update on my suicidal best friend, who's acting a little strange the past 2 days but overall seems to be doing much better now.
We're normally going to hang out tomorrow and then sleep over at her new appartment/dorm or whatever.
Earlier this week she asked me to come sleep over on Friday but then yesterday cancelled and said she "needed a few days of me-time"
Then just an hour later I get another text from her, re-inviting me to come hang out and sleep over but this time on Saturday, which is literally just a day after the other meeting she cancelled because she "needed a few days of me-time"

She said the past week or so has been with ups and downs but she genuinely seems in a better mood. She's making jokes, smiling, not just staying inside in a bubble of negativity, ...
She's on a waiting list for several treatment centers so that's good news, the one she really wants to go to is about 10 minutes away from me so that'd be ideal.
If you think she really has intentions of hurting herself, take her to the ER. Hope your friend gets proper help asap.

Wordle 721 3/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

IMG_3140.jpeg

IMG_3141.jpeg

Wordle 721 3/6

🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

If you think she really has intentions of hurting herself, take her to the ER. Hope your friend gets proper help asap.
I guess but it'd take a lottt for me to do that. One of her ex-roommates called the ambulance once to take her to the ER and she was forcibly committed to a psychiatric hold there, and she wasn't talking about suicide or anything, just a manic phase that caused her to act a bit incoherent and she had some scratches on her from cutting herself.
She described the whole experience as extremely traumatizing, especially having to spend a bit of time in an isolation hold.

I'm going to see her in an hour or 2 and she sounded pretty excited so I'm hoping it goes well. She's showing me her new appartment first, then we'll go to a market with food and music, then spending the night at her place.

My main worry is that during that initial convo and call where I had to convince her to not commit suicide, something that came up multiple times was "You're the only one I still care about. I ruined everything else"
I tried to at least remind her that surely her best female friend also cares but she only replied with "hm...I guess Elise probably cares..."

I think it's probably not a great idea to attach your wanting to stay alive to a single person, which seems to be what she's doing with me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom