the thread about nothing...

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pwp,c-1+100701/hf-10002+37001/t-Men's_Clearance

take an extra 25% off via coupon code "blueribbon". Plus, it offers free shipping via coupon code "JUSTDOIT" 
wink.gif

I hate when you let people cut infront of you in a line and then they have an issue get to the register :smh:

Card dont work :smh:

Not enough money :smh:

Fighting over price :smh:

:smh:

Last edited:
What's good TAN fam? Today's piece of my mind is about how I gotta either put 10 books a day on the street for the next couple weeks or live on it myself. Hope this works...

http://undermyfitted.blogspot.com/2012/11/10-day-last-stand.html

Every so often, life sneaks up from behind and ambushes you just to remind you that it's not all lollipops, jokes and ********. I already talked about how hard adult life can be, but that was largely theory. This, friends is practice...and as everyone knows, practice is not a game. (One of the many lessons Allen Iverson taught us.)  Yup, I find myself at yet another crossroads in my kindadult life...I'm about 2 weeks from being homeless (or at the very least, replacing the fake Christmas tree in my parents' basement on a seasonal basis). 

That is, unless I sell 10 books a day for the next 2 weeks and make rent.

In case you give a damn, allow me to give you some background on how I ended up here. My old job was a soul-sucking, spirit-crushing, unfulfilling government-sponsored waste of time...but it paid the bills. So I figured I'd just keep going until I could make my current one do the same.

That's what I thought, anyway. Around the time my little accidinfant exploded into my life, during the parental leave that men won fair and square in the whole equality between sexes thing, I was...well, let's call it "laid off", since attorneys have advised me not to go into too much detail publically. Imagine my surprise to open my account from home on payday and see...nothing new. It felt like the scene in "The Dark Knight" where Commissioner Gordon opens the mob safe at the bank expecting to find the stash and finds nothing but a small pile of marked bills he had placed there beforehand. (I would have went down there and kicked it everywhere in frustration too if I even had enough bills to form a stack.)

A few weeks later they were kind enough to inform me that I no longer had a job there. I'll admit, it was a new and scary feeling. Here I was, out on my own, walking the tightrope of adult life with my safety net yanked out from under me...but the bonus was that if I could manage to bring balance to the situation, I'd be hailed as an exceptional entertainer. With one eye on the job market the whole time, I set out to use my skills to pay the bills. Finished book #2, reloaded (umf...), expanded my networking reach, and generally aimed my life towards becoming a real, authentic, honest-to-IRS writer. (I even found time to babysit my own child every so always.)

Through a combination of odd jobs, book sales, and parental/government assistance, I managed to make it so I wasn't laying in the streets slowly dying as the summer went by. I was doing okay. (Hey, I wasn't eating out of dumpsters, that's okay by my standards.) Unfortunately, the work dried up after a while and my parents ain't what you'd call rich, so half of the half an income I managed to scrape out for myself slowly evaporated. Fast forward to mid-November, and here I am, months behind the rent. 

My landlord has been uncommonly patient with me and my situation, but I knew the whole time promises and good intentions are not legal tender for all debts, public and private. It was only a matter of time until he wanted his money...and that time is now. I swear I'd give him some if I had it, but my printing press is down and I'm out of currency toner anyway. 

I needed a fair lot of money fast...I thought about knocking over a local 7-11. Of course, I'm just not that guy...besides, I can't expect Shannon to write me in jail when I probably wouldn't do it for her. Should I sell drugs? No. Hov did that, so hopefully I wouldn't have to go through that. I thought about selling sperm, but I figured mine is causing enough trouble as it is. I heard you could get a quick $5,000 for a kidney, and I do have a spare, but I don't know the proper channels to go through and I'm not sure I can buy it back one day. I began to feel vaguely ******.

As I laid awake one night recently worrying myself into my early 30s about what the future held, I figured out that there was still one thing I could sell...books. Lots and lots of books. "Expecting (the Worst)", "Fresh Uncensored Critical Knowledge"...didn't matter, as long as they were mine and eventually yours. I sincerely hope this works out, because if it doesn't I'll obviously have to take an extended break from writing to concentrate on the direction of my life. I put my faith in the idea that neither of us want that to happen.

I realize that more or less leaving my fate in the hands of my readers is a risky plan at best, but it's the only one I still have. "Look for another job" is a little harder when I'm joined by about 25 million of my closest friends, the ones we discussed a paragraph ago are so one paragraph ago, and my less-than-total beliefs aside, praying without actually trying to do anything about it is pretty much talking to myself in the dark...so there ain't a lot of other options.

As an adult, I realize that much of my existence depends solely on my contributions to it. As a side effect of what I happen to be kinda good at, much of that depends on yours. (I accepted this when I chose to be an artist.) I'll quit playing my sad violin and just ask you to consider buying one of my books. What might seem like a drop in the bucket to you might be the drop that fills it and allows me to start putting out the fire. You get some new reading material, I don't have to tie all my **** in a cloth on the end of a stick and walk sadly into the night...we both win. 

Hey, I'm not sure this is going to work...in fact, to expect it to will be mildly farfetched...but **** it, I've always went down swinging before. Why stop now? Besides, 10 books a day doesn't sound as bad if you make it 9 (or less...books also make great gifts for the holidays! *smile, thumbs up, crosses fingers*).

No matter what, thanks for everything, y'all.

How much do you owe?

So I don't get the appropriate reps for my posts, but y'all quick to take reps away?

I see y'all mods :smh:

So I don't get the appropriate reps for my posts, but y'all quick to take reps away?

I see y'all mods :smh:

Did we ever get an explanation on why we lost reps?

threads that you got reps in get deleted.
or they delete the post that you got repped for.
or they just take their frustration out on your account when they're feeling grouchy.

Last edited:
Are you telling the truth?

That, the entirety of it, and nothing but it. I definitely understand you asking, tho. It's kind of a ****** up situation, but I'm really hoping to come out the other side of it.

How much do you owe?

Bout $1,000. It was over $1,200, but the campaign is actually doing a little work.

I'm pretty sure the parentals are gonna kick something in, but I'm sick of counting on that and not sure I can this time anyway. This whole saga is going to end pretty soon one way or another.

Thanks for your concern, NT...I honestly didn't even think anybody clicked those spoilers lol

Last edited:
That, the entirety of it, and nothing but it. I definitely understand you asking, tho. It's kind of a ****** up situation, but I'm really hoping to come out the other side of it.
Bout $1,000. It was over $1,200, but the campaign is actually doing a little work.
I'm pretty sure the parentals are gonna kick something in, but I'm sick of counting on that and not sure I can this time anyway. This whole saga is going to end pretty soon one way or another.
Thanks for your concern, NT...I honestly didn't even think anybody clicked those spoilers lol

Definitely hustle and grind it out to see if you can make up the amount owed. You don't want to have to go through the eviction process and any long drawn out legal processes that will damage your credit as well. It is a long and expensive process.

When is that amount due? End of the month/first five days of December?

Back
Top Bottom