the thread about nothing...

:lol:

B5E17893-B994-4B5B-9E4B-C72F11FB97E1.jpeg

how you have been doin so far? if I may ask, what kind is it?

Hodgkins Lymphoma. A curable cancer with chemo, did 12 sessions of my chemo regime, every 2 weeks. One of the drugs is adriamycin, nicknamed “the red devil”. Ive read its the strongest chemo drug ever made, usually made for people with lymphomas and breast cancers.

Honestly, it wasnt too bad overall. It would take me about a week to recover with the first 3 days post treatment being the worst for me, but honestly more tolerable than other stories ive read. Luckily I didnt have to ever use my nausea pills, and ive been pain free besides having bad mucositis during my 2nd session, which is essentially canker sores on sterioids. I coudnt talk or eat solid food for like 3 days cause it hurt too much to open my mouth. But yeah, not too bad but some sessions def took me out more than others.

When I read people get sick from covid and have to stay home for 4-5 days im like thats baby ****. I had to do that every other week for 5 months. My recovery was mostly dealing with fatigue, no nap or anything could fix that, just a general very off feeling, like the life is sucked out of you, sometimes constipation, sometimes dizziness. I woudnt wanna wish chemo on anyone, it takes a TOLL on your body, and your mind. Many times ive felt alone even if I was actually talking to people. Its just a very lonely thing to go through.

Hodgkins Lymphoma. A curable cancer with chemo, did 12 sessions of my chemo regime, every 2 weeks. One of the drugs is adriamycin, nicknamed “the red devil”. Ive read its the strongest chemo drug ever made, usually made for people with lymphomas and breast cancers.

Honestly, it wasnt too bad overall. It would take me about a week to recover with the first 3 days post treatment being the worst for me, but honestly more tolerable than other stories ive read. Luckily I didnt have to ever use my nausea pills, and ive been pain free besides having bad mucositis during my 2nd session, which is essentially canker sores on sterioids. I coudnt talk or eat solid food for like 3 days cause it hurt too much to open my mouth. But yeah, not too bad but some sessions def took me out more than others.

When I read people get sick from covid and have to stay home for 4-5 days im like thats baby ****. I had to do that every other week for 5 months. My recovery was mostly dealing with fatigue, no nap or anything could fix that, just a general very off feeling, like the life is sucked out of you, sometimes constipation, sometimes dizziness. I woudnt wanna wish chemo on anyone, it takes a TOLL on your body, and your mind. Many times ive felt alone even if I was actually talking to people. Its just a very lonely thing to go through.
thanks for the info and take care. I'm also about to have my general checkup soon. I did have some infections in the past but it's hard to determine if that's what's causing it or a type of cancer. after those swelling on my armpits and neck subsided. I still have some lumps left on my throat/neck lymph nodes. it's been there for years but just to make sure that they are not cancerous, might as well have them checked.

thanks for the info and take care. I'm also about to have my general checkup soon. I did have some infections in the past but it's hard to determine if that's what's causing it or a type of cancer. after those swelling on my armpits and neck subsided. I still have some lumps left on my throat/neck lymph nodes. it's been there for years but just to make sure that they are not cancerous, might as well have them checked.

Get checked man, HL is common in 20-40 years old and is a blood cancer, and basically a lymph node cancer (kinda). I had a bunch of infected lymph nodes all over, my neck was super swollen at one point, I had a big mass on my chest (relatively speaking) and big swollen nodes on rhe base of my neck, swollen left armpit and a painful node on my right armpit. Not to scare you but, def go get checked.

Get checked man, HL is common in 20-40 years old and is a blood cancer, and basically a lymph node cancer (kinda). I had a bunch of infected lymph nodes all over, my neck was super swollen at one point, I had a big mass on my chest (relatively speaking) and big swollen nodes on rhe base of my neck, swollen left armpit and a painful node on my right armpit. Not to scare you but, def go get checked.
surely, don't worry. you are not scaring me. actually I was scared since I had it when I was in my late teens. just want to have an update on it since we are getting pretty old. I'll also have my skin checked again. I'm also now a regular blood donor since I have been experiencing iron overload for the last 2 years. I believe it is also healthy as you get some of that old blood flushed out of me and generate some new healthy blood. I went to buy some groceries awhile ago and boy, the loss of blood finally set in as I was really fatigued. donated over 600cc yesterday. that nurse really hit a major vein since I was pumping a lot in a short time.

it's time for you to visit doctor feelgood.
I really should see him for a check up but I’ll wait out this surge that’s going around. Remember, the sick people are AT the hospitals right now. I think that’s how my dad got Covid when he shared an elevator with some dude who was wheezing inside. Turns out the floor above my dads stop is where they had patients with lung problems, smh. Yeah, I’ll wait.

Moderna with the Pfizer boost... Second moderna had me out for two days thought I was dying...Pfizer booster gave me a big *** lump under my armpit for 2 days gave myself a grip of mammograms those days 😂🤷🏾‍♂️ don't know if imma be ready for a #4

Moderna with the Pfizer boost... Second moderna had me out for two days thought I was dying...Pfizer booster gave me a big *** lump under my armpit for 2 days gave myself a grip of mammograms those days 😂🤷🏾‍♂️ don't know if imma be ready for a #4
Yea, the first 2 moderna shots gave me symptoms for a few day too. Just got my moderna booster. Hoping it won't repeat.

that lump could be a sign of infection. that's normally a body's reaction when it is fighting off an illness.

I really should see him for a check up but I’ll wait out this surge that’s going around. Remember, the sick people are AT the hospitals right now. I think that’s how my dad got Covid when he shared an elevator with some dude who was wheezing inside. Turns out the floor above my dads stop is where they had patients with lung problems, smh. Yeah, I’ll wait.

I mask up 3x when I get my infusions. Trust me I be shook in there but ive been good. I got 2 pink surgical masks (extra thicc ones) and a regular blue surgical mask over it. Its what I been doing and ive been fine so im sticking with it. We dont even have private rooms in the infusion room, its almost like cubicles with maybe a 5 foot tall “wall” seperating each space. Ive felt relatively safe in it, id take my mask off to eat and whatnot.

I mask up 3x when I get my infusions. Trust me I be shook in there but ive been good. I got 2 pink surgical masks (extra thicc ones) and a regular blue surgical mask over it. Its what I been doing and ive been fine so im sticking with it. We dont even have private rooms in the infusion room, its almost like cubicles with maybe a 5 foot tall “wall” seperating each space. Ive felt relatively safe in it, id take my mask off to eat and whatnot.
Thanks for the advice and confidence G. I’ll definitely go but I’m going to cheat ahead of time and eat healthy for a month before I check in. My doctor is the type to raise his voice when you’re ******* up, lol.

When I got the Pfizer Booster my armpit swelled up too. Had me tripping before I read that it was a normal side effect.
My arm didn't swell though I had this big *** golf ball lump in my armpit, super sensitive to the touch could barely have my arm down to my side cuz it pressed on it and hurt with any type of pressure. Isht was crazy 😂

Edit just saw the lymph nodes thing makes sense...still had me shook though

My arm didn't swell though I had this big *** golf ball lump in my armpit, super sensitive to the touch could barely have my arm down to my side cuz it pressed on it and hurt with any type of pressure. Isht was crazy 😂

Edit just saw the lymph nodes thing makes sense...still had me shook though
Same thing here. I also had the chills for a couple days but I have no clue about that **** :lol:

Back
Top Bottom