the thread about nothing...

Finaly watched The Phantom of the Paradise, wanted to watch it since maybe 10/15 years, De Palma never deceived me for the films I saw of him except The Untouchables, I might need to retry it, but maybe it is due to its theme.
About The Phantom of the Paradise, I understand why it is a classic, great movie and music. Classic in a good way, very pleasant to watch.
references to both Faust I haven't read and The Picture of Dorian Gray I have, the manichaeism isn't disturbing as it works with archetypes and the whole thing permits different levels of reading. We could thought at first it would be the good versus the evil, but each character suffers from consequnces of his acts. So what could appear as legitimate is sometimes forgetting ideals and dignity. There would be a lot to say on this movie. In french version it's the same dubber as the one for Marty McFly in Back to the Future ^^ I really like when films are called classics for good reasons, not to appear intellectual or whatever, but for their authentic quality. It's also funny to see De Palma have made a movie so eccentric, because for the other ones I saw from him I never perviewed that from them...I didn't see the time pass watching it, which is quite rare with some modern movies...

EDIT : Funny thing when you take characters names and keep letters htey have in common :
Swan / Wilson / Phoenix
SWN / WISON / ONI
SWN + ONI = WISON
Swan & Phoenix = Wilson

Last edited:
D36C0DAC-4CAD-490C-9EC6-0373C242A618.jpeg

i hate this game.

so much.

About to work this temp job tonight so I can have some money coming in as i build this option trading account :lol::lol::lol::lol:

haven’t worked in months I hope these folks don’t come at me crazy bro
and I hope this job is ok
because I have no problem walking the **** out of a temp job
like 0 ****s

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom