the thread about nothing...

:lol: Yea ok man.

I just try to view things from a non-emotional standpoint.

With 2K convos, folks get emotional and lose track of them being in the business of selling "records."

But, I post on Operation Sports and Devs from ALL companies have been very candid on there for years.

I've listened to Da_Czar's podcast explaining the innerworkings of the company.

That is why I say the regular fan just thinks everything is so sweet/simple. That is why comments like, "2K doesn't care" - "Same game every year" are always just super ignorant.
Word? You be in the forums? So other than a I die-hard-imma-buy-it-anyway fan, who are you to tell anyone what is or isn’t going to be lucrative for a developer you don’t work for in an industry you barely follow? It kinda sounds like you’re the “regular fan” but for some reason or another you believe otherwise. I’m not saying you’re not entitled to your ideas and opinions, but who are you to say others are or aren’t viable? My ideas are coming from what’s going around the gaming industry. I haven’t purchased a 2k since 17(I just show up and play everyone else’s. :lol:). If I was running a business, I’d be more concerned with the ideas and opinions of the new as opposed to the money that already in the bag.

I NEVER said a non-yearly release wouldn't be lucrative.

My argument is it makes no sense for them to make THAT change NOW considering their recent success.

They make a KILLING with the current model.

Why stop?

Word? You be in the forums? So other than a I die-hard-imma-buy-it-anyway fan, who are you to tell anyone what is or isn’t going to be lucrative for a developer you don’t work for in an industry you barely follow? It kinda sounds like you’re the “regular fan” but for some reason or another you believe otherwise. I’m not saying you’re not entitled to your ideas and opinions, but who are you to say others are or aren’t viable? My ideas are coming from what’s going around the gaming industry. I haven’t purchased a 2k since 17(I just show up and play everyone else’s. :lol:). If I was running a business, I’d be more concerned with the ideas and opinions of the new as opposed to the money that already in the bag.

Again, you are looking at non-yearly releases for NON-sports games and making the assumption that will work for sports games.

Sports games are more time sensitive than Every other genre so it's not wise to assume the same model is ideal for sports titles.

. If I was running a business, I’d be more concerned with the ideas and opinions of the new as opposed to the money that already in the bag.
They have grown to their current level because they have done this.

2k is no longer just a basketball game. It is essentially an MMORPG with basketball sprinkled in.

That title caters to non-basketball fans so much that us old-heads feel like we are being priced out.

So 2K does an EXCELLENT job of pulling in casuals that don't even CARE for basketball forreal through those "Barbie" modes.

Back
Top Bottom