the thread about nothing...

Makes customers happy, more income, less work. Instead of developing whole games(allegedly), they can just work on the small stuff while earning a residual income from the product. This is what other games are doing nowadays.

Makes customers happy, more income, less work. Instead of developing whole games(allegedly), they can just work on the small stuff while earning a residual income from the product.

Why do you assume that method would make customers happy/happier?

Why would they STOP doing what they are doing considering since NBA 2K16, their sales have increased EVERY year. Last year was a down year because there was a Generational Transfer of systems.

I think some of us have an assumption of how simplistic some of these things/fixes are .

There is absolutely NOTHING that incentivizes 2K to move to that model.

Right now, if someone decides drop another basketball game. 2k is going to feel it. Folks are going to buy the competition off emotion, or you could at least make it look like you’re giving your fan base what they want to build loyalty. They don’t have to worry about it now, but that day will come. Why wait? Be ahead of the curve.

Right now, if someone decides drop another basketball game. 2k is going to feel it. Folks are going to buy the competition off emotion, or you could at least make it look like you’re giving your fan base what they want to build loyalty. They don’t have to worry about it now, but that day will come. Why wait? Be ahead of the curve.

It will take a LOT to cut into 14 million a year man. Another company making a game needs some time to prove themselves before 2K "feels it."

The game has to be good, not just exist.

EA SPorts has the $ to make it happen but I'm not sure what they are doing.

But yea, financially it doesn't make sense to "Be ahead of the curve." and not get as much $ as possible.

Not sure how that is sound advice.

or you could at least make it look like you’re giving your fan base what they want to build loyalty.

Also, this idea that "the fans" don't want yearly releases is a wild/baseless claim in itself.

The fans want a game they can play and enjoy themselves.

PAtching the hell of an older game doesn't increase the chances of a "NEW" game being better vs. just making a NEW game.

Also, the idea that it's the same game every year is also false.

The tweaks arent complete overhauls. but they are there and are more than noticeable when you put in enough hours.

Hell, 2k21 wasnt even the same game across different gens.

Also, the idea that it's the same game every year is also false.

The tweaks arent complete overhauls. but they are there and are more than noticeable when you put in enough hours.

Hell, 2k21 wasnt even the same game across different gens.

Yea, I wasn't going to even touch that but that has always been a super lazy argument.

In general, it's just disrespectful with how simply some of us think this whole process is.

It will take a LOT to cut into 14 million a year man. Another company making a game needs some time to prove themselves before 2K "feels it."

The game has to be good, not just exist.

EA SPorts has the $ to make it happen but I'm not sure what they are doing.

But yea, financially it doesn't make sense to "Be ahead of the curve." and not get as much $ as possible.

Not sure how that is sound advice.
You said it yourself, you don’t keep up with video games. The number one grip of the non hardcore-die-hard-im-gonna-buy-it-anyway, is they don’t like paying for the same over and over. You say 2k makes 14 million a year off 2k. With the proposed model Rockstar has made 3.37 BILLION dollars. Off one game. With one map. 2k playin. I get it tho. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, but it can be approved upon.

You said it yourself, you don’t keep up with video games. The number one grip of the non hardcore-die-hard-im-gonna-buy-it-anyway, is they don’t like paying for the same over and over. You say 2k makes 14 million a year off 2k. With the proposed model Rockstar has made 3.37 BILLION dollars. Off one game. With one map. 2k playin.

No, I was saying 2K basketball SOLD 14 million units. (In 2K20)

I wasn't talking about revenue. COme on man $14 million in revenue is nothing to even discuss. :lol:

Again, if another company comes along they have to present something WORTHWHILE.

Not sure why you think simply existing is enough.

NBA Live has EXISTED (from time to time )and look at what they have done over the last 10 years. NOt much.

So again, if they essentially have a monopoly and there isn't ANY competition coming anytime soon, why would they stop yearly releases?

Again man, what you are proposing just doesn't make any financial sense.

tr1ll tr1ll

Also, please stop comparing GTA to a SPORTS title.

A sports title that is NAMED by the YEAR.

Sports games have new players added, body scans adjusted, so they TECH in the game has to be rewritten and it can't just be PATCHED. (There ARE limitations to patches as well and patches COST money)

You know how vital something as simple as the name of a title has on the brain of the consumer?

How many people are really going to want to "download updates" to 2K21 to transform it to 2K22? It will still be listed as 2K21 in their system.

We are a LONG way away from non-yearly releases in Sports games.

Also, why do you think the NBA would even go for that? It isn't as simple as 2K saying, "Aight, we will release the game every 2/3 years." They have a contract with the NBA stating they must produce a YEARLY sports title.

BD1528FF-B160-427C-A17C-233D7C1EA8F8.jpeg

First time playing Mario Kart
Washed the whole fam with Bowser Jr :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol:
talking about I’ve must have played it before

You know, I’ve wondering for a long while. DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican are you Ronnie2k? Seriously. You’ve been talking like you’re got an inside line for a long *** time. Do you have an inside line? Or are you just working of the safe assumption the average Joe doesn’t know what goes into development?

You know, I’ve wondering for a long while. DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican are you Ronnie2k? Seriously. You’ve been talking like you’re got an inside line for a long *** time. Do you have an inside line? Or are you just working of the safe assumption the average Joe doesn’t know what goes into development?

:lol: Yea ok man.

I just try to view things from a non-emotional standpoint.

With 2K convos, folks get emotional and lose track of them being in the business of selling "records."

But, I post on Operation Sports and Devs from ALL companies have been very candid on there for years.

I've listened to Da_Czar's podcast explaining the innerworkings of the company.

That is why I say the regular fan just thinks everything is so sweet/simple. That is why comments like, "2K doesn't care" - "Same game every year" are always just super ignorant.

So my boy calls me and ask if, by any chance, my mom was at a Jamaican restaurant. I tell him no, as she doesn’t drive nor eat Jamaican. I tell him to take a picture of the lady. This fool takes a pic of a girl in the store in some tight shorts as cover. I need new friends. :smh:

send to cosby thread.

They struck a nerve with that 2k talk. Dude sat up straight to type that.

Back
Top Bottom