the thread about nothing...

Who this?

Alexandra Shipp

She played Storm in the new X-men movies. Also was Aaliyah in Aaliyah's biopic.

tumblr_p5xmj8aYFv1tovmb9o2_500.gif

Haven't been to either city yet but I'm leaning towards London and will definitely hit up Barcelona when I get the chance along with Paris which I've always wanted to visit since I was a kid.

Went twice last year, absolutely loved it. Paris I didnt like as much tbh.

Have only seen bad reviews of Midsommer hear on NT so far.

Enough so that I’d only watch it at home when I have nothing else to watch.
Kinda disappointed the theater I usually go to don’t have Midsommer playing. Gotta go to another one.

What is the point of a Savings account if the interest rate is 2%? You won't even beat inflation.
2% is high for a regular savings account. Those crappy WFB or BofA’s savings % is pretty much non existent...It’s a joke.

Kinda disappointed the theater I usually go to don’t have Midsommer playing. Gotta go to another one.

2% is high for a regular savings account. Those crappy WFB or BofA’s savings % is pretty much non existent...It’s a joke.
Yeah, I think I was actually looking at CD's which are also a joke. Only scenario I would consider that is if I have 8 figures to sit on and set on retiring to preserve it.

Yeah, I think I was actually looking at CD's which are also a joke. Only scenario I would consider that is if I have 8 figures to sit on and set on retiring and preserving it.
I opened up a direct savings account thru HSBC online back in January. Their percent is at 2.30. Dumped some money in there and getting about $400 a month interest. Pretty good if you don’t want your funds locked up.

What is the point of a Savings account if the interest rate is 2%? You won't even beat inflation.

Savings account is def not the move for long term money.

For short term or a specific project it’s better than 0%. Also no volatility so you’re sure you won’t go under your initial deposit.

I opened up a direct savings account thru HSBC online back in January. Their percent is at 2.30. Dumped some money in there and getting about $400 a month interest. Pretty good if you don’t want your funds locked up.

Any reason why you have that much money in a savings account?

Any reason why you have that much money in a savings account?
At the moment I don’t know what I want to invest in. I don’t mess with stocks, didn’t have much luck and experience with it when I was younger. Also I don’t want my funds locked up cuz I’m not happy with the place I’m living in and I might need some of it for another down.

Open to suggestions and advice.

Reactions: jjs
At the moment I don’t know what I want to invest in. I don’t mess with stocks, didn’t have much luck and experience with it when I was younger. Also I don’t want my funds locked up cuz I’m not happy with the place I’m living in and I might need it for another down.

Ever thought about index investing? Little to no fees on ETF, way better move than stock picking for most in the long term.

If you’re looking at another place than your best bet is probably just high yielding savings accounts tbh

If you are making big purchases in the near future keep it right there. I’m in a similar space - taking a lot of risks in the market actually.

Are you stock picking? You don’t have access to the partner funds of the consulting big or something similar? :nerd:

I actually want to see the market get a nice correction. I’m just accumulating for the long run. Don’t even think i want to buy a place < 5 years

Ever thought about index investing? Little to no fees on ETF, way better move than stock picking for most in the long term.

If you’re looking at another place than your best bet is probably just high yielding savings accounts tbh
I did a little research on high yield but wasnt thorough with it. I’ll look more into it when I have a chance. Been pretty distracted with other stuff lately.
If you are making big purchases in the near future keep it right there. I’m in a similar space - taking a lot of risks in the market actually.
That’s kinda why I’m just leaving it there because things are uncertain right now. Housing market is tough in the Bay Area. Even if I sell my place, I’ll make a profit but the next place will cost more too so it balances it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment I don’t know what I want to invest in. I don’t mess with stocks, didn’t have much luck and experience with it when I was younger. Also I don’t want my funds locked up cuz I’m not happy with the place I’m living in and I might need some of it for another down.

I have a flyer on a couple cryptos. Whatever happens, happens it is a disposable speculation for me. Not a fan of savings or CD's. Everything has risk and there is no such thing as printing money.

Are you stock picking? You don’t have access to the partner funds of the consulting big or something similar? :nerd:

I actually want to see the market get a nice correction. I’m just accumulating for the long run. Don’t even think i want to buy a place < 5 years

Yeah I’m day trading but have plenty in funds that I don’t touch.

I still expect a correction but my massive plays are like 5000 shares at 6.30 and stock is now at 8.35. Super long on some of these pharmas.

Reactions: jjs
Dude comes off as just an idiot comedian but he made good points near the end. Feminism is more about women trying to do "men things". It's like it's more about jealousy than anything.
"Feminism benefits single men" i agree

I have a flyer on a couple cryptos. Whatever happens, happens it is a disposable speculation for me. Not a fan of savings or CD's. Everything has risk and there is no such thing as printing money.
I almost bought some cryptos back in November/December. Luckily I didn’t or else I would’ve lost it all. One of my friends dumped about 20k in it and it’s all gone. But stuff like that you gotta have the disposable income to take that risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I almost bought some cryptos back in November/December. Luckily I didn’t or else I would’ve lost it all. One of my friends dumped about 20k in it and it’s all gone. But stuff like that you gotta have the disposable income to take that risk.
I'm only playing with a few K. I think it is worth a shot because there are few things in our lifetime that have this kind of upside.

Yea I almost bought some cryptos back in November/December. Luckily I didn’t or else I would’ve lost it all. One of my friends dumped about 20k in it and it’s all gone. But stuff like that you gotta have the disposable income to take that risk.

What did he buy that is all gone?? ETH is up like 200% from then.

Back
Top Bottom