the thread about nothing...

LikableQualifiedCoelacanth-size_restricted.gif

Storytime

This past weekend I was hanging out in Union Square. I went into Gap to browse and as I was heading out, I wanted to watch the NBA playoff games. I did not know of any Sports Bars nearby, and my phone was low on power. So I decided to ask the employees. I approached a cashier.

Me: Hi, do you know of any good sports bars?
Cashier: Sports bras should be...
Me: No, Sports BARS where you can watch games and drink
Cashier: Hmmm...let me think.....uh... I really don't know sorry. Try looking on your phone.
Me: Yeah I'm going to do that or actually I'll ask him. *points head at other cashier* But thank you anyway!

The other cashier was helping another customer. I waited about 20 seconds and realized it's going to be a while, so I decided to just dip.

I took the escalator to the lower level. I saw a store employee so I approached him.

Me: Hi, do you know of any sports bars nearby?
Employee: Not sure. I know there's a bar a couple blocks away but don't know if they show sports. Let me ask. *speaks into mic* Hey does anyone know of any sports bars in the area?

There was some response on his headset.

Employee: Sports Bar, not Bra

Me in my head: *facepalm*

Employee: Sorry nobody here seems to know

Me: Ok thanks anyway. Have a nice day!

I saw the security guard by the entrance and thought he might know. I asked him and he recommended me a place by the Metreon, a 8-10 minute walk. He said that is where he goes, but there should be some close by that he does not know about.

I remember that the Melt, which is a burger joint across the street shows games. So I headed over there. I am a couple stores away and there was an old woman a few steps in front of me. She swerved left and cut me off, almost bumping into me.

Woman: Oops sorry.
Me: It's fine don't worry.

I got a closer look at the woman and presume she could be on drugs and or homeless.

Woman: You're looking at the clothes
Me: I'm just strolling.
Woman: oh yeah but they got some nice clothes!
Me: I'll check it out later. Nice talking to you, have a good night!
*I walk into Melt*
Woman followed me and walked besides me.
Woman: I gotta use the bathroom.

We both walked a couple more steps.

Woman: You think you can buy me something? I am hungry!

I was in a good mood, so I obliged. We walked up to the Cashier.

Woman: What are you getting?
Me: I always get the original Melt Burger
Woman: Can I get that too?
Me: Sure
Woman: Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. God Bless you.
Me: You're welcome.

In my head I thought she lowkey finessed me for $7-8 and wanted it to stop there.
Me: Don't you need to go to the bathroom?
Woman: oh yeah!
She asked the employee for the code, got it, then went to the bathroom. I finalized the order with no extras and paid. I received my number and stood to wait for the food.

The Woman cracked open the bathroom door holding her wig.

Woman: Tell them to cut it in half. * shuts door*

Me: I got one just for you.

A couple minutes later the woman came out.

Woman: Did you tell them to cut it in half?

Me: No, I got you a whole burger.

Woman: But I like it to be cut in half. You don't like it that way?

Me: I just eat it. After I chew it, it's all the same.

Woman walked up to cashier.

Woman: Can you tell them to cut it in half?

Cashier: Both of them or just one?

Me: Leave mine as is

Cashier: Ok I will tell them in the back

Woman walked back to me

Woman: Smells good, I can't wait. Hehehe.

Woman: Do you like sports?

I was reminded why I was there in the first place. But I didn't really care, I just wanted to dip at that point.

Me: Yeah I follow sports
Woman: You like the Warriors?
Me: Nah
Woman: How can you not? They're so good and in San Francisco! *pumps fist*
Me: Oakland but SF next year
Woman: Who you like then? Lebron James? Oh I can't stand him! I heard he's not playing anymore?
Me: He is, his team is just not in the playoffs.
Woman: Is the playoffs right now?
Me: Yes
Woman: Who are the Warriors playing?
Me: They just beat the Clippers yesterday, they play the Rockets next.
Woman: So it's not down to two teams?
Me: No, the Warriors have to beat three more teams.
Woman: Oh that's still a long time then. But I ain't worried I know they're going to get the trophy again!

Our order was ready and we went up to the counter. The cashier handed us both separate bags.

Woman: *Waves to cashier* What about my fries?
Me: I didn...
Woman shushed me.
Cashier: Order didn't come with fries
Woman: oh ok

We both took a few steps. Woman set her bag on a table. She saw me heading to the door.

Woman: Thank you and god bless! You are so kind! Have a good night!

Me: You too! Enjoy and have a good night!
Am I the only one that thought this story was going to end up with his getting some head or something
?

How people are not aware of what’s around the place they work at?

I get it if you’re new, but freaky asked a bunch of people and they were all clueless.

:lol: at sport bras

I could sense there could have been some sexual tension within there interaction.
Sports bra/bar.
Feeding a female.
Talking about sports.
Etc.

I could see why you think he was gonna get some dome.
An old woman who appeared to be dealing with substance abuse, drug addiction, and or homelessness asked me for help. It's not something to make humor out of. Grow up.

#primitiveIQ

I get it if you’re new, but freaky asked a bunch of people and they were all clueless.

Well like @gentrification alluded to, they probably do not live in SF. Only work there. Living in SF is not affordable for someone making around minimum wage.

I think most people know what is around them under one condition; places that they care about /frequent .

Maybe the people there don't DO sports bras?

It is totally understandable and I am willing to bet most people that work in that mall wouldn't have been able to give an answer either

I think most people know what is around them under one condition; places that they care about /frequent .

Maybe the people there don't DO sports bras?

It is totally understandable and I am willing to bet most people that work in that mall that wouldn't have been able to give an answer either

He should’ve just used yelp? I don’t understand why randomly ask people about something that doesn’t pertain to there jobs?

Back
Top Bottom