the thread about nothing...

giphy.gif

Just got back from Oahu,Hawaii. I was greeted by some locals upon arrival at my airbnb.

SPOILER]
cockroach-misplacedspaces-flikr.jpg
aka Hawaiian state bird

Methodical Management Methodical Management what are the rules on [type] of women posts? are they banned as a category or just had to be scrapped because of the copyright rules?
https://niketalk.com/threads/reminder-nsfw-content-is-not-appropriate-for-niketalk.516943/

There were two major categories of violations in those threads, violations of our image standards and copyright violations. Neither of those were being reported to the staff with any frequency, so it's an "abuse it and lose it" situation right now. Sadly, we can't trust the majority of participants in those threads to only post images that comply with our policies - and to refrain from violating others' rights in the process.

For that reason, we're not permitting the "(category) appreciation" threads at this time. This isn't to say that they're banned forever, in the way that "post your pic" threads are now permitted because a lot of users grew up and are capable of handling those threads without posting insults/personal attacks. That said, we want to make sure that our forums are safe, welcoming, and inclusive. There's no shortage of places where people can find images of women in varying states of undress on the Internet. That's not why NikeTalk exists.

If we make NikeTalk a paradise for 13 year old boys, that excludes an awful lot of people who deserve the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest to all of us in a respectful, friendly environment.

Some of the threads in question may have been well intended. They sought to celebrate a more expansive definition of beauty than that in the popular culture that includes people of all shapes, sizes, and shades. Unfortunately, the trust and leeway we've granted those threads in the past has been abused, and we can't just blame a few "rogue" community members when few, if any, thread participants were helping us keep those threads respectful and appropriate.

If you only get to play garbage time on a team, would you still show up for the championship game? I feel my ego is being challenged like did you really win if you never got to play. You know how in NCAA basketball, they sub in the white kid and when he scores the whole crowd is wild. That's me and I don't like it because it is so embarrassing. Think im just gonna not show up because I don't wanna be a debbie downer when everyone celebrating
So, your team made the Championship Game, but you prefer to quit on your team by not showing up? No. if you were my teammate, I'd vote to have you removed. IDC if you only play garbage time. You still contribute to the overall team.

And even if you're the only white dude and they cheer for you. That should motivate you to ball out even more. Word to Carlton Banks.

Actually my circle of friends play basketball at least once a week. My knee is good enough for weightlifting and general workouts but I can't ball on the knee, so that's why I really don't play
Me too. I have knee pain now and it limits my movement on the court. It sucks. Never had any issues with knee pain when I used to play...But this is what happens when you get older and out of shape.

I still can shoot though. Only problem with the indoor court at my apartment, is that there are deadspots on the court. Hopefully I can get some run in with folks soon. I just want to get competitive again lol.

I realized I missed a day of TAN and was 20 pages back. Yeah, I ain't going through all that.

Back
Top Bottom